No surgery for me

Thanks for thinking of me Mojo333.

I’m in hospital at the moment. Usual stuff. Boring! The good news....the increase in dose of my drugs is finally working and I don’t even need a blood transfusion this admission AND my white cells have risen to almost normal levels. The bad news is, the increased dose makes me really nauseas. I feel really yuck and the anti nausea meds aren’t working. Oh well, this too shall pass.

One more week and I leave on my cruise. I’m starting to let myself get excited.
 
Oh....good AND bad, Gidget....hope they can find something that helps with the nausea.....presumably you've tried the 'home' remedies like ginger? And back in hospital again.....think you ought to ask for frequent flyer points, spend them on room upgrades and spa treatments :wink: A week will go in a flash....hope you'll be out soon cos deciding what to pack needs a lot of thought.....did you get that bikini? How long are you afloat for? And will you have trips ashore? Now I'm getting excited for you, send us some photos! Is Lily having a little vacay (that's me trying to sound millennial :whistle: :heehee:) of her own? Hope she gets spoilt rotten :puppysmooze: (we really need an emoji for fluffy dogs too!) Hope everything goes well before you go, and you have a relaxing and fun-filled holiday :yes!::happydance::yahoo:
 
Hope you are out of the hospital and getting ready to cruise!
I've never been on one..:sad:
Hope your day is a Good Day, Gidget.
 
Thanks Mojo and anny for thinking of me. I left hospital on Tuesday and my cruise is tomorrow. The friend I’m going with wants to go to all the themed parties...argh. Sooo, Gatsby outfit, white night (just doing white jeans etc) black night (going Goth ) and cocktail dress all packed along with my casual and evening clothes...I don’t know why I’m bothering from a wheelchair but you’ve got to participate in everything and leave your comfort zone when on holidays. I’ve been known to go on the dance floor in my wheelchair and for my efforts, been serenaded by the bands’ vocalist. So funny.

My Physician recommended a Long Island Iced Tea cocktail which I plan on having as we sail into the sunset.

I just hope I get some warm weather.
 
You can't possibly know how much your insistence on doing 'life' inspires me, Gidget.
I am so hoping that you have a blast..you deserve it.
 
Have a wonderful time @Gidget.....and enjoy the dressing up! Fingers crossed for warm and gloriously sunny weather :fingersx::yes!:
 
Thank you. The cruise was wonderful, the weather was great to start with but then turned mostly overcast and cool...disappointing but didn’t dampen my enjoyment. On my first night onboard I had trouble booking a seat in the restaurant..it was already booked out. I can’t really do the self service buffet because of the wheelchair and i HATE asking for help. Well, the Maitre’D overheard my conversation with the booking guy and he came to my rescue. Not only were my friend and I guaranteed restaurant seats every night but we were also given preferential seating. Then as if that wasn’t enough he then arranged for my friend and I to be invited to the Captains Party AND a complimentary High Tea in the “posh” restaurant as well. I also won a bottle of champagne in a raffle. The not so good part was that my friend came on board with a chest infection and yes, she was generous enough to give it to me. I’m home and recovering but I’m absolutely exhausted.

I documented my trip by a daily photo diary of my feet through the rails of my cabin balcony.

Noumea.....
 
I’m so glad you enjoyed your cruise! How nice that the Maitre’D took you under his wing and got you into the restaurant and the Captains party. That must have cheered you considerably. :yes!: I’m sad to hear you ended up getting sick though. Hoping you heal quickly and feel better soon. :friends:
 
Oh my. Hanging with the higbrows, eh?
So "kind" of your friends to share with you.
Hope you get over that soon.

Love to see some feet pics:heehee:
 
Glad you enjoyed your trip Gidget......and getting the VIP treatment too! Guess that chest infection isn't the souvenir you hoped to bring home with you :sigh: hope you rest well and enjoy your photos and memories, and will soon be back to normal :console2:
 
Noumea

[Bonesmart.org] No surgery for me
[Bonesmart.org] No surgery for me
Thank you for answering. I’m already recovering and the infection is a lot better. I’m so pleased that my bone marrow has improved and I can fight infections now. In a way this was a good test of my infection fighting capacity.
 
:wink: nice feet! and that sea is so calm....just like a millpond :) glad the infection is on the run Gidget....and your bone marrow....maybe it was your silver lining? Hope you're really rested and having fun with Lily now.....took my 2 for their vaccinations today (their money box is now empty :bawl:) and there was a little one that looked just like your little cutie....I offered her owner 2 for the price of 1, but she wasn't biting :shrug: can't think why :dogsniff::heehee:
 
Oh my stars...So gorgeous. Glad you are on the mend.
Hope you have a Good Day @Gidget :)
 
Cute tennies! Beautiful sunset. Looks peaceful.
It's wonderful you had a good time. So sorry you got sick, but good news that you're feeling better.
A great week to you! @Gidget
 
got a bit of a foot fetish there Gidget :wink::heehee: those photos are beautiful......looks so peaceful and I can almost hear the swish of the water....makes me want to drift off....:yawn:
 
[Bonesmart.org] No surgery for me


Yes, I loved the roll of the ship when moving and the sound of the water rushing past. We did get a day or two of rougher weather when the crew closed the outside decks due to dangerous winds. All in all it was the smoothest cruise I’ve ever been on.

This photo was taken on one of the rougher days. Still pretty smooth though.
 
Geez, how decrepit can one person get. I have just come from my Neuro for more Botox (and no, I declined facial Botox). While I was there I got my MRI results from about a month ago. The good news is the spinal cord lesions remain absent and my two brain lesions, although still there, haven’t changed. A bit of bragging here!

Background is....pain across shoulders radiating down arms with numbness and tingling.....The down side..I have bulging discs in all of my cervical spine, impingement of exiting nerves on 4 levels but with a severe impingement of my nerves at C7. I have been told that I should get cortisone needles but I’m reluctant due to my marrow problems and immunity issues. I said I’d think about it, in the meantime I need to wear a neck collar..I’m really going to look crippled now. Already in a wheelchair with a neck collar and possibly foot splints..there goes my modelling career.

Of course, anyone else could have surgery BUT me being me...nah, not a possibility.

Oh well, two parts of me need surgery now (hip and neck) and I’ll no doubt add to the list as time goes on. You never know, I might get well enough to have these surgeries in the future.

Glass of wine anyone?
 
Oh crikey Gidget....it never rains but it pours! I'll bet you are bummed about the neck collar, not the most styley of accessories! At least you got your holiday in before you have to rock that....is your foot splint an afo (ankle foot orthosis)? When my daughter got hers she could choose the design (she's got a rigid one....maybe you're having a soft one?)....won't stop you being a foot model cos you can take it off and recline gracefully :wink: Glad the MRI gave you some good news, fingers crossed they can come up with better alternatives for the braces

Don't know about the wine....maybe you need a stiff brandy! or an exotic cocktail to conjure up those lazy cruise days :beer:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom