TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

My Brat thanks you all for your birthday wishes!
 
Happy kneeiversary, Paula. I can just imagine how disappointing it must be to be recovering again instead of celebrating, but you are handling this challenge so well. I look forward to hearing your celebration plans when your foot and ankle has healed and your knee is over the trauma.
 
@sistersinhim, Happy Kneeversary! It may not be exactly as you had planned to spend it, but no surgery is certainly good news! I intend to read your entire journey, but must start at Page One and that's sure a long way back! I will try to read 2-3 pages a day, but then I get sleepy, lol. You are a role model of patience, persistence, determination and faith.
 
@Pheebs52, what kind, heart-warming things to say. I'm looking at this injury now as one day closer to being healed. Then I can get back to doing the things I love to do, and even the things I don't so much love to do! If the weather holds, and my pain level is still down, I'm going to Sunday School and church tomorrow. I do so miss that.

I did get the OK to gently ride my recumbent bike. That should help with the soreness in my new knee. This is showing me that it likes to be used! That's great cause that's what I want it to do! Now, I just have to get the courage to get on this bike! I'm scared!!
 
That is great news about no surgery, Happy Kneeversary, and the bike will be good. You had a lot this week :) Just take the bike slow and it is good that that your ankle is casted. You shouldn't have to worry about tweeking it. I'm just so happy you get to do something. Being non-weight bearing is such a drag :)
 
Be very careful when you get on the bike. I hope that your knee likes the movement again. Don't forget that it had some injury, too and take good care.
 
@PegGar16, you would surely know about non weight bearing. How long did you have to do it? @sandi4213, you are so right. I still haven't had the nerve to try it yet. I hope my knee problem is lack of exercise and nothing else.
 
@sandi4213
By the way, how are you doing? Did you try the bike yet?
. Thank you so much for asking! No, I haven't gotten on the bike yet. I just don't have the nerve. I think I'll wait at least another week. It's been only 2 weeks as of yesterday.

I made it to Sunday School and church yesterday! Sunday School was rough because I couldn't elevate. When time for church came, I sat in the wheelchair in the doorway to the sanctuary and put my foot on a chair. That was much better! After getting home and resting, my friend, Marilyn, took me shopping. It was a bit too much and I had a rough night. I've developed some sciatica on the injured side. Probably from the hopping on one leg with the walker. I've looked up some exercises for that, that I'll do when I lay down again. But, the foot and ankle have been much better pain wise today, except when a storm came through, but the pain was over quickly!
 
wowza, you are amazing going to sunday school and church, and shopping too, even though i'm sure you had a lot of pain. hope you can rest up in the next few days. how have you been managing the pain when you have to go out? that is what is stopping me from getting out of the house.
 
@liam2015, my pain level is much better now than last week. I did take an Oxycodone yesterday after getting back from church. This morning I took a Tramadol because of the sciatica. I've had nothing since then. I have the Oxy and Tramadol if I need them. But, this pain is nothing compared to the pain of a tkr, except for the first couple of days when it was pretty bad! It's how it's affecting the rest of the body that's got me down.
 
oh dear...as the late, great gilda radner/roseannadanana said "it's always something. if it isn't one thing, it's another. it's always something". i still think you're pretty amazing...one day at a time.
 
Shoot, it seems like it. An old Saturday Night Live fan myself! I do have good news. My new knee is feeling better today! I've been doing some isometric exercises for it and it must be helping.
 
I'm glad the knee is feeling better and hopefully your able to take it easy today.
 
I need to go back and read everything- I didn't know about this new development! Sending healing prayers!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm so glad your knee is feeling better! Hope that continues every day. Hope your sciatica is better too. I've not experienced that before but my mom says it is awful. Take care!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have good days and bad days. The foot/ankle pain isn't bad. It's what goes with it. Hopping on one leg is effecting my whole body negatively. My hips, back, shoulder, and now a shin splint. Yesterday was a really good day. Last night and today are bad. Tramadol is helping to knock it down about 50%, but having most of your body hurt is not fun! Two weeks from today I see my OS again. I pray I can start walking on my foot and try and get my body back into aliment. Anybody got any suggestions on how to aline myself?
 
oh gosh sistersinhim all i can come up with is: would it help to get around in a wheelchair so you don't have to do that hopping around, but at the same time, do whatever exercises are recommended for your legs and upper body? i hope someone can come up with a good plan for you.:console2:
 
Back
Top Bottom