Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

I wish I could use my crutches! I am way too unstable on them, so it was back to the walker. It is so different than using it after a tkr because I have to hop on one leg with it. Now, my arms, left knee and hip, and even tummy are so sore! Even after the tkr, I was using my new leg to walk on. I never realized how much help it was! I love your story about your coworkers stealing you scooter! I can relate to that 'having to pee'! I have to start getting to the bathroom way ahead of time!! :dubious:
 
thinking about you sistersinhim and hoping you're not in too much pain and get comfortable.:console2:
 
Thank you, @liam2015. I had a better night and today the pain is not as sharp as it was yesterday. I had an Oxy around 8am and it's now 3:45pm, and I haven't had to take anymore. Of course, yesterday was a much busier day with my trip to the OS, which is 30 minutes away. I haven't had a meltdown today and am off of the pity pot! I'm still depressed with my situation, but nothing like yesterday. Today I'm one day closer to being healed and able to walk again!
 
I really think that it is not that God will not give us more than we can handle, but rather that He is there to help us through whatever we are facing. You can definitely handle this if you remember to lean on Him. You are one of the most encouraging people, and I hope that you are being encouraged and strengthened by all of the people on here that support you and are praying for you. Sending love and hugs from Idaho.
 
You'll have up days and down days, but with each passing day you're closer to being fully healed. Hope you can find some community help or resources to aid you. Do you have a county supervisor, or equivalent, for your area? I used to work for a county supervisor in Wisconsin. When a constitutent called with an issue like yours, he would put me on the job of contacting county social services to see if anything could be done. County social services worked also with neighborhood, religious, and senior groups that might have means to help. It isn't always possible to find help, but often there's something. My thoughts are with you.
 
@sandi4213, I am always telling those facing trials to take their eyes off their circumstances and put them on Jesus. But, now that I have this trial it's hard to practice what I preach. This will definitely be a learning experience for me. I told a friend today, that instead of me looking at 6 weeks or more with one foot, I'm trying to look at one day closer to being healed! God will use this experience for something, I have no doubt!

@SusieShoes, thank you so much for that suggestion. I will google my county tomorrow and get a number and call and see what's available to help me. I would be more than willing to pay someone, if they'd just come and build the ramp for me so I can get in and out of my house safely!

Now, that the foot and ankle pain has gone from 7 and 8 yesterday to 4 and 5 today, I am finding that my knee has some soft tissue damage it's complaining about. I was amazed when it didn't hurt for those first two days, but it probably did, but was overshadowed by the foot. Ice is doing a good job on it! I seem to be able to bend it almost as well as I did before my fall, so it's not too swollen inside! In a few days I expect it to be fine.
 
Remember that a good cry can be cathartic - it's healing in the end

I soooo like this and we can all learn something with it. Just catching up on your thread since your OS visit. Daily prayers continue.
 
@jaschembra you are so right! I know He is always here for me. I can't forget that. For Him to let this happen, there has to be someone out there now, or in future, that I can help using the experience of this trial. Many times, the last 4 days I have failed miserably with my anger and self-pity, but then there are times that I have also won the battles of my mind and emotions!
 
I'm glad you're experiencing less pain, Paula.

Have you had any response from your church about helping you?
 
No, I told my church to forget about it. I still need to call my county to see what they suggest. After all, I do pay taxes!
 
You pay your church too - in service - Paula. Don't deprive someone of the experience of giving help.
See what the county can do for you and then fill in the gaps with help from church.
 
Hi Paula! Sorry you are going through all this and you are in my prayers. Don't beat yourself too much, we all have off days. You are always uplifting for so many people here...including me :) I suggest you get a pair of gloves for using the crutches or walker with no weight bearing. I am still working on the calluses on my hands.
 
@PegGar16, I am using my bicycle gloves part of the time with my walker. Crutches are still impossible to use because of my instability. This is the first time I've had non-weight bearing and had no idea how difficult it is! I was fine on the crutches with two feet, but not with one! How did you manage all that time?
 
I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I will have you in my prayers for a quick recovery. As others have said - it's ok to have those days where you just need to cry. Personally, I usually feel better if I just have a good cry and let it out than if I try to be brave and hold it in.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@PegGar16, I am using my bicycle gloves part of the time with my walker. Crutches are still impossible to use because of my instability. This is the first time I've had non-weight bearing and had no idea how difficult it is! I was fine on the crutches with two feet, but not with one! How did you manage all that time?

I know it isn't easy. Used the wheel chair when I could. Took the sides (arm rests) off to make it easier to get around the kitchen . Other than doctor appointments and church I didn't go out much. I know it is hard keeping the foot off the ground. Hopefully it won't be for too long.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
What was the final word from your OS for non-weight bearing? I hope you're getting around as best you can right now.
 
I have a followup visit with my OS today to check on my bones. Please pray that they are healing in the correct position so I don't have to have surgery. Thanks all!

The pain has gotten better and an occasional Tramadol is relieving the pain. Being non weight-bearing is a huge challenge. I did get out with my roommate yesterday and went shopping. I got down the steps slowly, but OK. Up the steps still has to be on my butt. Then I have to back up to a slider on the deck, and use my arm to force myself to crawl up to it backwards. Then I have someone bring me the walker and I'm fairly good to go! I have stressed my left calf muscle, and right underarm muscle. Not to mention the strain on my bad left knee from all the hopping.

I will let you know what my OS says when I get back. Thank you again for your prayers!
 
Back
Top Bottom