Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

@Tabbycat, thank you! I didn't stand up like your emotie, but I still did it! I'll wait a few days before I try it again. I have to see how My Brat reacts. I hope not bad, I'm teaching SS tomorrow!
 
Yes ma'am! Now, tomorrow will be a rest day!
 
Congrats on the bike ride!!! :biking: Soooo happy you got to do another item on your list! You are an inspiration! You help me keep going when I'm discouraged (which is a lot lately). Hopefully you'll wake up feeling great and will be able to do it again after church!
 
You all are so sweet. Thank you for your kind words!

I had that moving leg again last night and had a hard time falling asleep. I assume it was from the bike ride. I am sore, but no more swelling than normal! Today will be mostly a day of rest. We might go geocaching if the weather holds out along with me knees! The old knee was giving me a fit yesterday, but it's feeling better this morning.

Everyone have a painfree and blessed day! I'm headed to church.
 
I'm smiling about you teaching Sunday School today. And geocaching! You live such a full life- inspiring to read.

:)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
:wowspring:Paula, bike riding!!! that is great, I bet it felt really good to be able to do it.

Have a great Sunday!!!
 
I think the teaching went OK, but we didn't go geocaching. I took over a 2 hour nap with my ice machine hooked! I knew I was sleepy, but I didn't know I was so sleepy! It felt good! @uva55, I was thanking God for being able to do it again. It wasn't much, but I still did it! I was so scared to try it, and asked God to tell me not to do it if it was too soon. I didn't feel He did! Today, after church, I just rested but tomorrow I just might ride to the mailbox again! I love these baby step completions!
 
Well, my dear sweet BS friends, I did it! I made it to the Y. I was in the water only 7 minutes. I did the equivalent of 1 lap in the shallow half of the pool. I wasn't comfortable going in over my head yet. I did a few squats and bicycles under the water. And added a few arm exercises. By the time I got home I was feeling it, so you know what I did. I iced! I'm feeling better already and swept the porch and cleaned out 5 litter boxes. So, it's back to icing. The last 5 days have truly been blessed and I have met 2 of my biggest goals! Now, to increase my times little by little! That P works jumps out at me again...patience! The more I learn how to take care of this knee, the better off the two of us are! Oh, and I had a pretty decent night last night and didn't take a thing. No pain pills and no sleeping pills! My Brat did wake me up a few times, but when I moved her I went right back to sleep! I hope tonight goes just as well! Tomorrow will probably be a yard work day so maybe I can get back to the Y on Wednesday. Too bad it's about 20 miles away! The travel time is more than my swimming time is. But, I'm doing it again! Yippee! Woot, woot!
 
Woot! Woot! What a great accomplishment. I golfed 18 holes. Each time it gets easier but sad to say my score doesn't get better. At least not yet. Hope blooms eternal.
 
I bet it will get better once your knee is not in the back of your mind!
 
So happy for your Paula, I know that you are much happier when you are able to be active and get back to your old routine, now the trick is to pace yourself and don't over do it so that you don't experience a setback.

I really am happy for your my friend!!!!!
 
@Floridagal you will get your swing back, I know you will, you are determined, but like Paula said your knee is probably in the back of your mind and not allowing you full concentration. The trick is to never give up and you are the type of woman that never gives up!!!
 
@uva55, you are so right. I have a habit of getting over confident then making a visit to that ODIC. I am really trying to pace myself, but it's hard when I'm feeling OK. But, the nighttimes are what we have to look at for! If the knee wants to rebel, that's when it'll show itself. So, it's slow and easy for a long time probably. It is so nice, though, reaching these successes! It makes me almost glad I had it done!
 
Pool!!! Woot!!!! Double woot, in fact!!!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Back
Top Bottom