TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

@dianehelen, if you want to feel like you have to pee really bad all the time and want to be exhausted, then you would want one! Not something that's any fun, that's for sure! But, with the antibiotic, it has cleared up quickly. But really, I don't think you would want one, even if they do clear up quickly! I have a total of 7 days of meds and I'm going to take everyone of them!
 
ya, no thanks, does not seem like anything at all pleasant. Glad you are feeling better..
 
I used to get them all the time when I was pregnant...and a couple times since, not fun at all!!
 
For some reason I'm tired and the knee is more swollen and achy today. I did ride my recumbent bike 3 miles yesterday, but that was over 2 separate times. I wouldn't think it's that. My Brat woke me up a few times last night and I iced it three times. Maybe that's why I'm tired again today. Yesterday I felt so much better and more energized! Today, not so. All part of the roller coaster ride we all are on. The IBS is gone, I think, but I'm going to take the 3 more days of pills to make sure it's out of me!
 
Oh yes, it is important to do the full prescription even if you feel 100% A-OK.
 
I'm sorry to hear you feel more tired and achey today. I still feel like that and I haven't been on the bike since last week. You are still getting over the UTI, and it does sap your energy when you have an infection.
Have extra rest and feel better soon!
 
Wow, that's great what you're able to do. Sorry today is worse, but sounds like you have it under control.
 
Remember the mantra: rest, elevate, ice and catch up on everyone's posts when you can't sleep! :loll:
I hope tonight's a better night.
 
I am thinking positively that it will be a very good night! I haven't done too much today. We were planning on going camping this coming weekend, but I have to see how my body and My Brat is before committing to two nights in a 16ft. camper! Gotta have my ice machine!
 
@Josephine, will taking Ciprofloxacn cause my knee to hurt worse? I am taking it for a UTI, but the knee is hurting worse as the days since starting it has increased. I have 3 days left.
 
I'm not sure if cipro could make your knee hurt more but could it be related to the several days when you had to keep getting up frequently to go to the ladies room?
 
That was a good suggestion, but since Thursday I've been back to normal with the bathroom trips. I stayed in my recliner much more for 3 days because of exhaustion. What has been my concern is that the knee has gotten progressively worse. Now, I have a sore ankle with a lump on the side of it to add to my worry. My pcp sent me a different antibiotic, SMZ/TMP, that I just started this morning for 3 more days.
 
Frustrating to have all these new worries crop up. I don't know anything about your med question, but hope this new pain is just the roller coaster effect or the nerves and muscles coming alive again. It makes it difficult to know what to worry about when our doctors instructions were to sit up and take notice if anything unusual or different happens, but on the other hand we know from this forum that new and different pains, tweaks, and twinges are going to show up constantly as we recover.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@greatlakes I am hoping that, that's all this is; just part of that rollercoaster ride that we have been warned about over and over to is to be expected. I will still go to SS and church this morning and then come home and ice. That is always a help.
 
Back
Top Bottom