TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

Ughh Paula, so sorry you are dealing with this. Just when ya think you are moving forward, you take a step back. I cant imagine the cipro affects this, but who knows. Take it easy today. Hope you start to feel better soon.
 
Hi Paula, sorry to hear you are having more knee pain even after resting it. Having a UTI is stressful and tiring even if you don't realise it. I know from experience how stress often makes pain worse. I've had a similar thing, I did a few days of the exercise bike (only for very short time), and then helping get the bedroom ready for decorating, and have much more knee discomfort even after more than a week. I don't know whether that's why, or if it's something else, then the worry beads come out again. The more I try to do, the more I realise how limited I am yet. I'm a fine one to talk, but my hope would be that it's just a bump in the road and nothing to really worry about. Time will heal.
Tabby xxx
 
I slept very well last night, but the knee was extremely sore every time I bent it this morning. As the day went on, I started feeling better. And after church, I had another first since the tkr! I went out to eat with Marilyn at Texas Roadhouse Steak House! I did well, being able to prop up my leg. Then we went to Sears, and then Home Depot. I'm finally home and icing. But, feeling well. Maybe that Cipro is getting out of my system, or maybe it's just part of the up and down this journey gives us. Whatever the reason, I'm so thankful to be starting to feel better! Thank you all for your empathy and for letting me vent.
 
Nights are still painful. If My Brat is straight and I don't bend it, it's OK. If My Brat is bent and I don't straighten my knee I'm OK. But, if I don't move around, then I start to ache. It's a catch 22. I woke up probably every hour last night. But, I was able to go right back to sleep each time. That's an improvement! The pain is still much more than before I started taking the Cipro. Whether that has anything to do with it, who knows. Hopefully, as the day goes on I'll start to feel better like I did yesterday. I have things to do!
 
Sister, I'm saying prayers that your nights get better. I'm hoping you get some daytime naps to make up for the sleep deprivation ?


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Thank you, Shelia! Bad nights are rough, both at night and the next day. I will probably nap this afternoon. Icing is helping with the discomfort with walking. Most of it is in the back of the knee for a change. I thought I had gotten over that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, dear, I'd hoped your sleep issues were resolving. Hope it's just a temporary setback.
 
Me, too, Mamazipp. I wake up because I hurt. But, I am going right back to sleep. How, it's naptime!
 
Oh yes! I was reading, closed my eyes and the next thing I know, it's 90 minutes later. I sleep good in my recliner. Maybe I ought to spend the night in it instead of my bed! I think I'll try it. For some reason I don't hurt nearly as bad in my recliner as I do in my bed. Crazy.
 
Oh Sister, if you can sleep in your recliner, I'd say go for it! I've only missed a couple of solid night's sleep and those next days were miserable.

I've been drinking valerian/chamomile tea before bed (I don't have trouble sleeping once I get to sleep, but that first hour or so, I can't seem to shut down the worry-brain). The tea makes me feel very relaxed.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
I still have problems getting a good night's sleep in my bed. I took and turn all night long and I usually sleep in my recliner because I have to get a full nights sleep to be able to work the next day. I keep trying my bed periodically when I know I can nap the next day.
 
I had a great night last night, and it was in my bed! I kept a pillow in bed with me for my knee and used it! I took no pain meds and iced only once! What a blessing!
I took off shopping to Sam's and Walmart. By the time I was leaving Walmart I was aching pretty badly, but I had taken nothing before hand, so I took 2 Tylenol 500mg, and by the time I got home I was fine! Even unloaded the car with little discomfort! Of course, I'm icing now! That's an every day thing, but it's easy, so I don't mind! Thank you so much ladies for checking on me. I was awfully down yesterday morning. What a difference in just one day!
 
Woot!! You go, girl!!!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Glad you slept better last night! This journey is definitely a roller coaster! So happy we all have each other, as no one else understands!
 
Back
Top Bottom