TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

Thank you, ladies. These good days help so much with this journey. I have to learn to accept that there will be down and painful days. It's just when they come, I get afraid that it's something permanent. Then, praise God, He has given me another good day! I am so thankful for these good days and pray that all of us will have many good days!
 
SAMs AND Walmart in the same day. You are so very active. You need to give yourself some credit here! You get a lot done in your still early recovery phase.
 
@mamazipp, I didn't anything else except the normal living things yesterday. I wanted to string trim the yard, but thought better of it. I'm glad I didn't! We all need to limit our daily 'jobs' each day. If not, we pay for it that night and next day!
I had a terrible time falling asleep last night. I had to keep moving my right leg. It almost felt like I had bugs crawling on it. Finally, after a couple of hours and fell asleep and slept for about 6 hours. I am tired this morning, but my knee feels good and my leg is still! I haven't even had to ice yet, but am making a batch for later. I still need to string trim!
I'm planning a trip away to the mountains this weekend. Marilyn said she'd go with me and help me drive! I just want to get away and do something different besides thinking of my knee all the time! I might need to pick up some of those ice packs that are a one time use. Don't want to be without ice if I need it!
 
You have "bugs" crawling on you and I have "bees" stinging me! But at least it's not like it was the first couple of weeks after surgery! Hope you are feeling better today.
 
@birdwatchr, I am feeling better than I was Monday! Yesterday and today are good days! I am thankful for that! It's beginning to look like my good days will out number my bad ones. I'd say that's a big success!
 
Oh, a trip to the mountains sounds so lovely. Which mountains? I bet the leaves are starting to turn. We have a home in NC and I am so homesick for fall in the mountains. But next year -- I bet we both can hike in the fall leaves!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
I normally go up to the Blue Ridge Mountains and stay on Skyline Dr. in the Shenandoah National Park. This weekend I'll probably stay at a hotel in Luray, where I can have ice available 24/7. It would be 2 nights only, but I'll be ready to get back home by them, more than likely! But to just get away would be wonderful! I already have coverage for my SS class this Sunday, so we're free to go!
 
Sounds lovely, Paula. A fall getaway will do you good. Wish I could go, too! Bi get its beautiful there.
 
I have to make sure I don't overdo it on those hiking trails. The ice machine will go with me! I love hiking in the mountains and looking at all the beautiful views and don't want to hurt myself! Ice is such a wonderful friend at this stage of my recovery. I did find out tonight, though, that ice makes the zingers worse. I started getting a few and they didn't wan to stop until I took off the bladder. They were some intense zingers, some of the worse ones yet. But, once I removed the ice from that spot, they stop their lightning strikes!
 
Paula, hang in there. Remember our word 'patience'. If we could also stop worrying about every little thing, I think we'd all sleep better!

I hope your mountain trip recharges you. The Aspens will start to change color in the Colorado mountains in a few weeks. I hope to take a few short driving trips with my hubby. It's important we get away from our troubles!
 
Paula, enjoy your weekend getaway, it will be good to have a change of scenery!!
 
I didn't realize you were planning on hiking. Wow, that is impressive. I thought you were just going for some good ole mountain air and relaxation. There's no way I could be hiking yet.

:hiking: You are amazing, girlfriend.

​
 
How wonderful to be going to the mountains! Keep those hikes short and don't climb any mountains! I know you are wise and know how to take care of yourself. I hope you have a delightful time and come back refreshed with a grin on your face.
 
Oh, there won't be much hiking. Maybe just a little bit. I am really afraid to do much of anything. My Brat will throw a temper tantrum in nothing flat! I certainly don't want her to ruin my weekend because of my stupidity and not using common sense.

I have to work at church today as part of the kitchen help. We serve seniors in our area every third Thursday of the month and that's today. It's a busy 3 or so hours on my feet. How I handle that today will determine whether we go tomorrow or not. Like everybody, I also swell when on my feet or my legs are down, so I've gotten my ice freezing already, ready for me when I get back home. Last month I was able to stay there only about an hour. I'm going to try really hard to stay the whole time today. We girls need each other and when one is out the others have to work harder.
 
Good for you, looking out for the seniors. And giving that priority over resting today in order to make sure you get in your mountain trip. I don't think we give ourselves enough credit for these unselfish small choices we make in our day-to-day lives. So I'll appreciate you for you!
 
Back
Top Bottom