TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

YAY for the numbers! BOO for the kitty forgetting! Yep, I remember that "Mom, what have I done?" look!!
 
It will be a long time before I let this knee be another springboard for a cat! I just hope I snap back quickly. I have too much to do to stay sitting all day!
 
WOW!!! Such great numbers!!! :happydance: Soooo happy for you! I can relate to the cat situation~~not fun! Hope it feels better soon!
 
I took an Oxy about an hour ago and went outside and worked for 40 minutes. I have church tonight, so I probably won't do much more. But, at least I got something extra done! We single people know that if we don't do it, it won't get done! Just getting something done helps me to feel better. Now, to get a nap in!
 
Wow! I can't imagine doing 40 minutes of anything except icing right now. I love reading your progress.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
@sheliac, you'll get there. Your knee is a brand new baby! At your stage all I did was ice, medicate and sleep!
 
Good advice Paula, I will keep that in mind - Do not allow animals and small children to use my new knee as a springboard. So happy for you regarding your rom! And the good night sleep the other night. I'm drowsy all day today after the night before and the night after, looking forward to going to the hotel tomorrow where I can sleep.
 
Oh darn, cat. Ughh. Seems always something to throw some monkey wrenches into our progress. Hope you are feeling better today.
 
I haven't taken anything for pain since about 8am this morning, so I'm doing OK. I'm sore, very sore to the touch, but not achy like I was! Now, if I can get through with a good night I'll be very thankful!
 
Thank you, Clara. I am already really sleepy, so I think I'll sleep at least for a little while, if nothing else. I've got my ice machine already circulating and the Tramadol ready to take! It will be a much better night than last night!

I praying for your guys down there with the storm coming through. The projected path of the storm shows it coming across eastern Virginia. If it does, will will be blessed with much needed rain!
 
Oh, no! Ouch! I've got to constantly protect my knee from my (small) kitty, as she forgets the new knee rule! I usually try to keep a tablet or paper pad nearby to hold over the knee to keep her from trying to get lap access using that route.... I'm trying to find out information on the Tramadol-Tylenol duo's use and rationale... I'm ready to I think, cut back some again on my Meds, but don't want to do so and end up causeing issues...

And your ROM is stupendous! Not sure I'll ever get there myself, but congratulations on your working at it and taking good care of your knees as you went! I should measure my non-TKR knee, in fact!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@BBCG, I didn't work hard to get my ROM. It just happened doing my normal daily things. For about a week I did hang off my bed on my tummy with my legs dangling from my thighs. And I ride my recumbent bike every few days for 5 to 10 minutes to loosen myself up. Other than that, nothing special! Being single, I have loads of house and yard work to do, so I just use my knee in my daily living. I have to take tons of ice breaks, but I survive! I just have to work smartly. I'm finding things that really hurt me afterwards, so I do those for only a few minutes at a time. But, all in all, I'm getting back to my normal work life. No swimming or bike riding yet. That will come! The Tramadol/Tylenol duo is working well for me at night. Sleep is still elusive. But, it has been for years, so I can't blame it all on the knee surgery! Menopause gets that blame! Covers on, covers off. Ice on, ice off! Fun, fun!
@dianehelen, how are you feeling. Is the bad weather having any negative effects on LOG? We had some storms come through here a couple of months ago and my knee reacted really badly. I hope yours doesn't! All of you down there in the tropical storm's path are in my prayers.

Went to Sam's and Walmart and then to the eye doctor this morning. The shopping wasn't bad, but sitting around at the doctor's for over an hour and a half did a number on my knee. It does not like to hang down. When I finally go home and got the car unloaded stuff put up, I had swelled up. I ate my lunch, set up my ice and took an Oxy. Now, i will sit here for most of the day! But, I did find out my vision problem that I had mentioned in my thread a month or so ago is a cataract problem. My left one is really bad and needs removing. My prescription hasn't changed in two years, just the cataract. So now, I'll have to call my OS and see what he says about this kind of surgery so close to my tkr. I am so glad that it's nothing really serious with my eye. I was concerned that it might be something bad, but not so! So now, another surgery to look forward to. Bummer!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ughhh not one thing, it's another huh. Hope you get your eyes taken care of. My dad had cataract surgery, it was really pretty much no big deal and he was in his 80's

So far the weather isnt affecting LOG, Just living affects it. Cleaned up, washed my hair, just general body mainenance feels like I've climbed mt everest by the time im done. But baby steps, rest, ice, elevate, we know the drill all too well huh
 
Hi Paula, I hope you are recovering from your busy morning. These knees are only happy when we've got our feet up, but I know you have lots of jobs to do and have to find a balance. Sorry you need another surgery, at least it's something that can be fixed. My dad just got through a cataract op and he's 89. He was very nervous but it went like clockwork. Let us know what your OS says about how soon you can have it done.
Hope you have a good night tonight.
Tabby xxx
 
You've done amazingly well recovering with doing it on your own~that's so great! You know your limits & then follow BS! You're such a great example to follow! Praying your cataracts can be fixed soon & with no complications! :flwrysmile:
 
A late congratulations on your great ROM! You are doing well. I've got a couple of dogs that love to jump up on my lap and always seemed to land on my knee. I always have something laying on my knee to protect it.

I hope you can get your cataract surgery taken care of soon. I remembered when my mom had hers done she was amazed at how much clearer her vision became.
 
I called my OS and I can have the cataract surgery 1 month after tkr, so I can do it anytime. I'll have to see if I can find someone to take me, then get it scheduled. I'll be glad to see clearly out of that eye again. My Brat is doing much better after an afternoon of ice and rest!
 
You ROM is fabulous, Paula! I love that you didn't work at, just lived your life. Although I'm not sure I could live with all the yard work you do! You're amazing!
 
Back
Top Bottom