TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

I'm so excited and I don't have anyone here to tell, so I'll tell my friends on BS. My previous measurements were stuck at 104/4 for over a month. I haven't measured in a few weeks and now they're 122/0! I had to tell somebody so I'd have someone to celebrate with! That's with no pt, just using my knee normally! God is so good!
 
Paula,
Awesome, stupendous, amazing, wonderful, great news! :cheers:
 
Yay YOU! living thriving proof that normal living IS the only PT you need. You are amazing
 
Thank you all, ladies. It helps so much to have someone to celebrate with! And most important, someone that understands what the celebration is all about! I emailed a friend about it and she emailed back and asked what it meant. So I told her and she said, "Oh that's good." But, as kind as she is, she just doesn't understand like you all do! I really sweated that extension. My other knee is -10 and that's why it looked like I wasn't where I should be. I stood up and measured both legs last night and that's when I found I shouldn't have been comparing the two knees. Just like they tell us here! I was so excited about my improvements that it was after midnight before I fell asleep! I think bending from the waist and cleaning the flowerbeds helped with the extension and the recumbent bike helped my bend, plus going up and down steps the normal way! Whatever helped me, I'm thankful!
 
:yes!:What wonderful news about your 122/0 measurements. Has to make you feel sooo good! :yay:
 
@Josephine, is a -10 extension in my non-surgical knee something to worry about? When I stand up with my feet together, my left knee is further back than the new knee. Will this cause a problem and should I continue to work on my new one to get into the negative numbers?
 
Some hyperextension in a natural knee is normal. Most people have -5 to -10 degrees.
 
Paula I'm a little late to the party, I've been really tired and went to bed early last night, and today I was out with my dad in the morning and took a nice long nap this afternoon.

:wowspring:Awesome numbers, I'm so happy for you, you have worked so hard to be were you are today, I know this doesn't just happen, it takes patience, determination and a delicate balance of retraining the knee without over doing it. You are so right, when we share our successes with others they are happy for us but have no idea what it takes to achieve these victories, only those of us that have traveled this same path can truly understand.:loveshwr:
 
Thank you, @Josephine, I won't worry about it. But, I don't think you can call either one of my knees natural. But, I do understand what you are saying. Is it OK that my knees are so much different? @uva55, sharing our victories is SO rewarding! Were you able to rest well last night? Going to bed early is sometimes really necessary and great that you got a nap. They feel so good! I still have afternoon naps many days.

How is your Dad?
 
What can I say, he is suffering from depression so we just started going to a therapist, today was the second visit, and it's been kind of a family therapy, he won't do it unless I'm there, and my sister is also suppose to participate but she did not go today, my mom and dad were married almost 60 years when she passed away, he still misses her terribly and he feels his body not allowing him to do as much as he was always able do its really having a negative impact on him. Listening to this and trying to reassure him how blessed he still is and how many people still need him, plus my own personal stresses is exhausting physically and mentally.

I was able to sleep last night and this afternoon's nap really helped.

All I can do is my best, I leave the rest in God's hand he has never failed me in the past and I have to trust that he will guide me now.

Thank you for asking, Paula:flwrysmile:
 
Bless his heart. Depression is worse than a physical illness. I went through it when my son died. Sometimes all you can do is love him and keep letting him know you love him. Sometimes just a hug will work wonders. He, as well as you, need all our prayers. You'all have mine!
 
Congratulations! Those are great numbers. You gave a right to feel happy and proud.
 
I don't know so much about proud @Diane LTKR, but I sure am thankful! My poor knees have been through the mill and to have it doing this well is something to be very thankful for!
 
Well, I had a hard-learned lesson last night. My big cat was on my lap. When he decides to get down, he jumps off of my new knee with both back feet. OUCH! He probably weights 15# and it hurt. My knee was feeling so much better, but not now. I iced all night, took an Ambient, Tramadol and Tylenol, but was still up and down all night. Finally I got up at 4:30 and took an Oxy. I slept a couple of hours then, but not near enough. I'm back on the Tramadol this morning. It is obvious that my knee isn't healed inside yet. I'm surprised and disappointed that his jump off has caused such a set back. So everyone out there that have lap pets, keep that knee protected! I've not let any of my kitties on me this morning at all! They are looking at me like, "why mama, what have I done?" Better safe than sorry.
 
Back
Top Bottom