Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

Strange, but My Brat woke me up quite a few times last night feeling like it was burning inside. I had a really good day yesterday and didn't do anything special to cause the pain. I had taken my Tramadol and had the ice machine hooked up. I figured I must have slept on it wrong. I was uncomfortable this morning and got out the Tramadol to take before leaving for church. Well, I kept hurting worse as the morning when on, so I got someone to go get my ice pack that I had in the freezer at church. That helped. When I finally got home, low and behold, my Tramadol was on my table mixed in with some of my vitamins! Dumb, dumb me! No wonder I was hurting! I took it along with the rest of my vitamins and am icing and I feel so much better. Thank God, I had left an ice pack at church! That got me through without much discomfort. I bet I won't forget to take my Tramadol before church anymore for a while!
 
Good thing you had the ice pack to use. I had the burning feeling on my leg at one point and it's been going away. I was told it was from the nerves reconnecting.
 
@sistersinhim so sorry you had to suffer like that! I did the same thing the other day - forgot to take my morning Aleve and ran a few errands with hubbie and soon was in so much pain. I guess it shows we still need those meds. I love my meds! :praying:
 
@newlybionic, I've had the outside skin burning, and that has gotten much better. This is the first time I've had a lot of burning that felt like it was deep inside my knee. It makes sense that if the skin nerves are reconnecting that the inside nerves will do the same. This morning it wasn't the burning pain, it was more of a soreness when I moved. I was expecting to be much better by now and off of pain meds, but not so. It's disappointing. I don't know if I'll ever have the other knee done! But, then I look back and see that I am doing so much better than I was. I am much stronger and able to do more each new week. But, oh this pain that comes and goes. I get so excited when it's hardly even noticeable and then am shot back down when it rears it's ugly face again. Just like last night when I had done nothing yesterday but mostly sit in my chair!
 
I'm still feeling pains and aches in my bionic knee and leg. Most of the times I can't relate the pain to anything I may have done differently. I just know that I and getting a bit stronger every day. I had 60 years of wear and tear and injuries to that knee so it's going to take a while until it's been restored to 'factory specifications'. :rotfl:
 
I know I have to give it at least a year. Even my OS said to give it 6 months before I start seeing a lot of pain relief. As long as I can see improvement even just once a week, I will be encouraged, I hope! I'm like just about everyone else on here, I want to get back to doing the things I love to do. This whole summer has been blown. If I can get a day of kayaking done and 1 weekend of camping and hiking, I'll feel like it won't be a complete loss of summer fun!
 
@TML, We will have to remember to keep our meds in our pocketbooks, so they are always available. I should have known better! I had them in there for a few weeks, but took them out. Now, they're going back in!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: TML
I kept a dose or two in one of the bottles of meds that were empty. Be careful to use the correct bottles so you know exactly which pill is which.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: TML
Because of my back issues, I bought a small pill box and always have it in my purse, now I have my back and my knee to prepare for.

I'm sorry you had another rough night and day, but remember that irregardless you are still doing very well in your recovery, you are so active and push yourself so much that once in a while your knee complains, but your victories are many.

I hope you get some needed rest tonight Paula!!!
 
@newlybionic, from what I understand, if you don't keep these meds in the original prescription bottles, the police can arrest you for illegal drugs. I imagine once they find out that you have a prescription, then they drop the charges. But, I don't want to go through any of that! So, I will keep my original bottle and pills together!
@uva55, you are so right. I am very active and have many victories. I shouldn't be complaining and should express thanks for the blessings of getting better! It's already almost bedtime and my bedtime meds. I WILL sleep better tonight! I wish you a wonderful work day tomorrow!
Thanks all of you for letting me vent again!
 
I meant when you get the next bottle for your prescription you can use the one you just finished as it will have all the info of the prescription on it. Or you can ask your pharmacist for an additional empty bottle with the correct label. That way you will be able to leave some in your pocketbook and the bulk at home. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
 
@newlybionic, that makes perfect sense! I'm sorry I misunderstood you. I wish we could keep them in a daily keeper like Clara was talking about. I have my vitamins in a daily pill case, but I wouldn't dare take the chance of doing that with my prescription meds.
 
Paula, my pain meds I keep separate from my vitamins, in a small pill box, I only carry 2 or three with me for emergencies [Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience
 
I'm still afraid of getting hauled in for not having them in my original prescription bottle, so I'll just keep them in my purse to be on the safe side!
 
It is better that all pills be kept in a bottle that has a label on it from the drug store. That way there will never be any problems having mess with you especially now while everyone is going crazy about drug abuse. I don't even carry plain Tylenol that is not in a Tylenol bottle.
 
Well, I've always carried extra meds with me as I'm a migraine sufferer. I wasn't about to carry several bulky bottles so they've always been in a little pill container, like Clara's. I'm not too concerned about arrest plus I've always had them in my purse going thru airport screening and customs. In those cases my carry on always had the real pill bottles so the little oil case wouldn't be a problem.
 
Me too, I have traveled with a pill case and have never had a problem, if I were to carry every pill and vitamin I take, I would need suitcase just for that :rotfl:
 
I agree, @newlybionic. It's not worth taking a chance on something that can be prevented. I'm just an old scaredy cat! I certainly don't want to do through the hassle of proving I'm a real patient needing my meds.
While this site has been down, I've had some really good days and my nights have been getting better! During the day just 1000mg of Tylenol twice is working well for me. At night I'm still on the Tramadol and Tylenol. I've had to ice the knee only for a couple of hours during the night the past two nights, so tonight I will try just the gel packs. I have 4 of them, so that should cover me well. I am icing still most of the time during the day. I do work for an hour or so, then ice for a couple of hours. Whenever I'm sitting, I almost always icing. My swelling is minimal unless I'm up too long without icing, then it's just a little worse. It will go away as soon as I ice and elevate! Things are looking so much better than they were a month ago. Patience is the key, but I still need more of it! I want to swim and I want to ride my bike outside and go kayaking and hiking. When I can do those 4 things, I'll be back to my normal self. It might take 6 more months, but I'll get there!
It's SO good to be back on here with my friends! I missed you!
@mamazipp and @uva55, I didn't think about carrying vitamins for traveling! I take probably a dozen vitamins, herbs and minerals a day and sure wouldn't want to carry all those bottles. Especially I buy the great big volume bottles to save in the long run! My vitamins aren't stamped with what they are, so how would the authorities know if they're drugs or not? I usually take them is a week case that has each day separated. Shoot, something else to worry about! Maybe they won't mess with a little old lady!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You are doing so good, that's awesome Paula.

I'm glad to be back too, I missed everyone!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom