Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

I woke up a few times last night, but went back to sleep and didn't get up until 9am! I don't know when I've done that before! It was wonderful. And guess what? I want more sleep. That's OK, if I fall asleep again, I'm going to take every bit of it I can!

Well, I got my washer back together and am doing my 2nd load of the day! Sure does feel good to have it back in working order again. I had a harder time putting it back together than taking it apart. But, it's finally back and working just fine! I am so thankful I was able to do it!
 
That's wonderful you were able to sleep so well last night. My biggest problem with fixing things is that I can NEVER put them back together again. You're my new hero.
 
Yippee! Another better night! My sleeping isn't great but it's much better! Josephine's schedule is working at night! I do 2 Tramadol 50mg. each and 2 Tylenol 500mg each every 6 hours at night. I do 1 Tramadol and 2 Tylenols every 6 hours during the day. This is working for me! It sure helps to sleep better! I can stand the little discomfort during the day, but not so at night.

I'm still working on that extension of mine. My ROM is almost the same as the left knee, so I'm happy with that, but I think I measured the extension wrong before. It looks like it's around 6. I'm sitting with legs on a chair a lot of time, but boy, does it hurt! I'm also standing and pushing my leg back frequently. It's just going to take time. There's that darn P word again! Patience.
 
Paula, I'm so glad that you found something that works and are able to get some sleep. Being able to sleep makes such s big difference in our recovery. I'm sure your extension will come in time!
 
@uva55, sleeping is wonderful, and I still want more of it! The extension is better than it was a month ago, so in another month it'll be better! I have to look at it that way!
How are you doing today?
 
Actually I am a little uncomfortable today, my leg/knee is whining a little, just par of the course, I am sure I overworked it this weekend, but it was worth it!

It is time for this knee to learn who is the boss...who am I kidding, the knee is the boss, no doubt, haha
 
Oh yes, it sure is the boss. And it lets you know it's the boss, too!

I'm working on the extension exercises and mine hurts in all these different places, so I know I'm using muscles I haven't in more than 2 months! I'll get it! I'm a stubborn old broad!!
 
You are not stubborn you are determined, and you certainly are not old!!!
 
Paula, things are looking up for you. Better sleep, better flexibility. So happy for you. The knee is the boss but you are the bomb.
 
@newlybionic, sounds like you had a rough day. Some days I feel just like that, too! The better nights are helping!
@mamazipp, you are so sweet! I don't know about being the bomb, but things are looking better for me. Now, I have to be smart and not overdo! You know how that goes.
 
Wow! So happy to hear that you're sleeping better! Hopefully it will continue tonight!
 
You certainly don't need that skunk experience! You've got to be so exhausted. Hope Lunesta helps you get your well deserved sleep. :sleeep:
 
I have visited the ODIC because of my extension exercises. Last night was rough. I iced all night and took my Tramadol, but just about every time moved my knee, I woke up hurting. Today is uncomfortable and all I've done today is spray vinegar and work on my SS lesson. So, tonight and tomorrow should be much better, I hope. I called my OS's PA and she said to take only 4 Tramadol a day, so I've cut out my daytime ones and am existing on Tylenols only. She is refilling according to 4 a day, so I can't squander them by using them during daytime. She's giving me 1 month only and said we'll re-evaluate next month. It sounds like they want me to weed off of them within the next month or so. That's scary. I need pain relief when I need it! I guess I can take my leftover Oxy during the day since they don't do well for me at night. At least I have those if I need them!
 
How about asking your PCP for more tramadol? Sometimes they may write the script for you since you presumably have a long term relationship with them.
 
Good idea. I have a normal appointment with her in September. It looks like all my exercising and pain has been worth it. My extension looks much better! I can lay on my back in bed without a pillow under my knee and it's feeling much better than before. My knee is almost flat down on the bed now! I don't think I have to sweat it anymore. It's coming and so close now that I know it'll get there on its own!
 
Wonderful news! It is so good to hear that you are sleeping better and that the knee has straightened out. It is encouraging that at 11 weeks out we are still making progress toward total recovery.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom