TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

Well, I did it! I made to the movies and did fine! I took the rolling walker with the seat and got a handicapped chair. I was able to lay my leg across the seat, which was really comfortable. We just got back and my knee feels really good. I measured it and it's 1/2" larger than normal, so I'm elevating and icing. I have so happy I've make another goal! Now, the next one is getting back into the pool at the Y. Baby steps!
 
:yes!:I'm glad you had a good time at the movies. Put the brat to bed and hopefully you can add a good nights sleep.
 
So far, using Josephine's medication schedule for Tramadol and Tylenol every 6 hours, is working very well, the pain has been practically nonexistent! Tonight will be a good test. I didn't get a nap, so I should sleep well if the meds keep the aching down. I'm also setting up the ice machine, just in case! Everyone have a very good night's sleep. The Brat says, "Good night!" Thank you for all your encouragement!
 
I'm glad your outing was a success and the pain is under control...have a good night :flwrysmile:
 
Hope you can sleep tonight. Isn't it great to go to the movies again?. A big step towards normalcy. Yay.
 
The knee woke me up only 1 time last night. The pills were due at 2:30 and I woke up at 1:30, I have noticed that they don't last for 6 hours and I feel discomfort after about 5 hours. I didn't go back to sleep, so I took them at 2am. And then slept well until around 6am. That's really good for me! I will try this schedule for about 24 more hours, then cut back to 1 Tramadol during the day and see how that goes. I'm so happy that this appears to be working for me! I know during the day it's much less pain, I don't feel comfortable driving with 100mg of Tramadol in me so hopefully the 1 50mg will work OK. My reflexes are slower with the 2 pills, so Marilyn will drive us to church!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on seeing a movie, @sistersinhim, I went to see Star Trek, too! I saved a seat and propped my leg on it, brought an ice pack, so it worked well! Best wishes to you!
 
I had a very good day. SS and church weren't too uncomfortable! I have my cane and prop up on it. I did have to lay my leg across a chair in SS for about 15 minutes. Other than that, the propping up did the job! In choir in church I have a small step stool that I prop up on and I did fine.
It was stinking hot today, heat index in the 115*+, so once I got home, I stayed in except for feeding the birds. I took a nice nap and am fighting now to stay awake and it's not even 8pm! Just maybe I'm going to start to catch up on my 10 weeks of bad nights! Sleeping well is such a blessing! I'm still on the 2 Tramadol, 2 Tylenol test until tomorrow morning. I'm thinking tonight will be a good one!
 
I'm glad you were able to enjoy SS and church today. I've been hibernating from the heat in my house since I got home from work yesterday. Even my dogs don't want to go out. Hopefully tonight you will get another good nights sleep.
 
Thank you, Marian. I hope we all get a good night's sleep. Do you have to go back to work tomorrow? I pray you new and old knee behave themselves!
All of us on the East Coast are suffering from this heat wave. And my area needs rain badly. With it this hot everything's dry as a bone and we haven't had a decent rain in close to a month. I am so ready for fall!
 
I do have work tomorrow but I'm off Tuesday. It's not quite as hot hear but we've been having a lot of rain and very high humidity. I live in the 'mountains' so it's a bit cooler.
 
Good luck tomorrow. Send us some of that rain down this way! All of us in this area have wells.
 
Yeayy Paula, you are just rockin' it! May the Force be with you. So good to see you progressing so well.
 
I've said this heat reminds me of the cold winters when everyone hunkers down, except now we're hunkered down because of the heat. No one is outside on porches or decks. It may be a week or so before we feel much of difference. @sistersinhim we've been getting rain/storms, but although we need the rain, it just makes it more humid. Think of a sauna...
 
@KarriB I was just telling my husband the same thing about it feeling like the dead of winter cuz we are hunkered down lol!


Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th
 
You have turned a corner. Getting sleep is so good after all your sleepless nights.
 
Back
Top Bottom