Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

I took the Ambien last night and it had an opposite effect. I had a really difficult time going to sleep and once I did, I kept waking up. The night time aches were a little worse than what they usually were, but not bad considering all that I did yesterday. I had a prescription for 7 pills and I'm glad that's all. I won't take anymore of those. I was afraid to take an Oxycodone and Ambien at the same time, so I will take the Oxy until my night time pain diminishes or disappears completely. But, not falling asleep quickly is unusual for me. Most of the time it's what I do. What the problem is, is staying sleep. So I had both problems last night, not falling asleep in a timely manor and not staying asleep. This morning I am a little more uncomfortable and will rest all day. But, I didn't join the ODIC! Just peeking in the door! @Josephine, can I take Oxycodone and Ambien at the same time?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You should check with your doctor about taking both together. Ambien and other sleeping pills do not seem to help me either. I am very restless and I feel like I'm a bit hung over in the morning.
 
Oh my! Wish it had worked. I was told in hospital not to mix oxy and Ambien.
 
@newlybionic, that pretty much explains how I reacted to it, very restless. I actually felt no sleepiness from the Ambien at all. I was so disappointed. @TML, tonight I'll take my Oxycodone, and a half of a generic sleeping pill and 1 Tylenol PM at bedtime. Hopefully I'll sleep much better! Marilyn and I want to go see the new Star Trek movie tomorrow. I'm ready to try it. If we go to the 1:15pm showing, there should have handicapped seats available. And maybe even going to the Y and getting into that pool again! Whoopee! I love taking all these baby steps!
 
I'm sorry that didn't work for you!!! I hope somehow you can get some rest tonight.
 
@uva55, thank you. It's got to be better than last night!
How did the shots go? Have you met up with your cousin yet?
 
Shoulders are better better, I barely felt the shots, my doctor is either really good with the needle or after TKR cortisone shots are a piece of cake, hahaha

We got to Miami a little late, and my knee and foot are a little achy and a lot swollen, I'm resting, elevating, icing and medicating so that tomorrow I'll be better, I even stretched out in the back seat and iced for most of the trip :gaah:

We are picking her up in the morning!!!
 
I found that the shoulder shot was a piece of cake compared to the knee shots. The first one I got worked for a year! I hope yours do, too.
 
Interesting. I found the cortisone knee shots were painless, but the syn-visc was awful.

There are better sleeping pills than ambien. I like Lunesta and I took it in the rehab along with my big doses of
Oxy. Here in Canada everyone gets prescribed zopiclone which is basically the same. They give it to everyone, it seems.
It works well for me.
 
I have seen Lunesta advertise. I'll call his PA and ask her to call that in. Thank you, @mamazipp for the suggestion. I do need help getting my sleep back!
I was medicated, had brushed my teeth, given the kitties their treats and ready for bed, when all of a sudden the house filled with this awful odor. A skunk sprayed right near the central air unit outside and his stench was being pumped through all the vents along with the cold a/c air! It almost took our breaths away. I have a couple of cans of room deodorizer that Marilyn and I sprayed, which helps until it dissipates. Now, I spray, then fall back asleep until the skunk odor comes back, then I get up and spray again. Why oh why can't I get any decent sleep?!! When the smell doesn't wake me up, the knee aching does. What a vicious circle. I just took a Tramadol on top of my Oxy. Hopefully, that will take care of the aching part for a few hours. I will spray the deodorizer again and try to go back to sleep. I have checked all the kitties but two. Normally, they won't bother a skunk. Let's hope they didn't this time and just a fox or some other creature scared it! Good night for now!
 
Oh, no! What a nightmare. Literally. So even with lots of ice, you can't sleep? How draining. Especially since you are so active. I hope you can get a script for that, or something.
Enjoy the movie. It's fun to get back to those things we took for granted and now are new and exciting again!
Good night to you. Hope you are asleep since it's 2AM where you are.
 
Oh my goodness Paula, you can do without skunks! Im sorry you can't sleep, No one wold join the 'Nessun dorma club' if they had a choice. I take a couple of Cocodamol at night for pain, but they make me sleepy and I usually drop off quite quickly. I plug myself in to an audible book I've listened to before, and set the timer for 30 minutes, I'm usually asleep before it goes off. Some sleeping tablets can have the opposite effect, but keep trying. Have you tried a magnesium supplement at night, it is said to be a very calming mineral. I got a nice massage oil with magnesium and lavender, or you could try a foot soak with Epsom salts and some essential oils.
Praying you get some proper rest soon.
Tabby xxx
 
Tabby, a foot soak sounds like a lovely idea. I must try it.
Yes, we don't really want to belong to the Nessun Dorma club or the ODIC Club.
 
Yuk! What a nightmare without actually being asleep! Do you think the smell will stay in your duct system? Maybe a new air filter will help.
 
Good morning again ladies. I finally slept from about 2:15 to 6:45! That really helps. I wanted more, but my ice had melted and the sun was up, so I am, too.
The house smells fine this morning for the most part. There are just a few spots that I can smell the skunk odor but it's just a very faint odor, thank God. What a night before 2:15am!
It's going to be too hot today to do anything outside, so we're headed to the movies. We both are Star Trek fans and will go see the new one. It came out in July, so the crowds should be down by now. The theaters we go to has a handicapped section, but no recliners, so I'll take a walker to prop up on. I know I can't sit for over 2 hours with my leg down and the walker has a seat on it that is the perfect height. Whether we do anything after movie depends on The Brat.
I'm more achy this morning and have no idea why. I had a restful day yesterday. All I did was spray vinegar and then vacuum my bedroom. That's it except for the usual things. I wish The Brat could tell me why it feels bad today! Then I would be sure to not do it again!
I'm going to try Josephine's medication schedule for the next couple of day. 2 Tramadols and 2 Tylenols every 6 hours. Maybe this will help my sleeping. The daytime pain can be mostly ignored, but not that nighttime pain!
I'll let you know how the movies adventure goes! It's another first for my baby knee.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ughh I hate that you are still having these issues over 2 months out. I really hope you have less & less if these days soon
 
Yep, that night time pain is the pits... top it off with skunk, and you'll have an unhappy knee! Probably just didn't like having to get up so often to spray. Glad the odor is going away. Btw, I found knee shots to be a breeze, but shoulder shots hurt for 3 days. Had to call and ask if it was normal. She said yes.

I love sorting through typos and spellcheck. They come out funny! So did those star trek fans taste good? Lol. I really do hate spellcheck. It thinks it knows what you are thinking and writing before you do! It's also so aggravating when you take the time to spell something correctly, and it changes the whole word at the last minute.

Hope today is restful and "smell free" for you. Gotta go to hobby lobby today.
 
@dianehelen, you have to remember that I had 5 previous surgeries and a tibia top side worn away by the patella tendon, so there was a lot of repair work he had to do. My OS never blinked when I asked for more Oxycodone, so he expected me to have pain, and said it would probably for six months or more before I see a lot less pain. It really depressed me at first, but then I thought of how lucky I am. I don't have to go to work, so I can nap during the day, when I can! Most of the ache is coming from, I believe, the tibia. Also, I've been working on my extension and I feel it more that night. I'm normally not that bad during the day.
@birdwatchr, thanks for pointing that auto correct for me! I changed it. Obviously, I need to proof read!
 
Hmm good points @sistersinhim . But I still hope relief comes soon all around for you .

You and a few others here have been my recovery rock stars that aspire me to be like as well an inspire the possibility of hope.
 
Back
Top Bottom