TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

We've all been through those crying jags ... even after a good report from the OS. For a time it does not seem it will ever get better, but I think those times are useful as we come out of them better able to get perspective, as you have, of how far we have really come. So glad you are feeling a bit more positive today. It WILL continue to improve!
 
@TML, I got my haircut and color a week ago. It felt so good. The stylist even got me a stool that I could prop my leg up on and she worked around it! I hadn't been to get it cut since before the surgery and was so glad to get that normal activity back. I made it to church this evening. That was definitely something nice I did for myself!
@NightQuilter, I know it will get better, but that old problem child, impatience, jumps in to try and ruin things. I have always had a difficult time with patience and this surgery requires patience! There are stories of people being back to almost normal in just a few weeks, but that is not the normal, and I never did expect that. I think I am more normal that those very few individuals! I have so thankful that I have all my friends on this site that I can unload on. There's no one else for me to turn to that would understand like you guys do!
 
I know It has been very challenging at times but reading your posts you have had many victories and one day not too far away this will all be behind you. I truly believe that once you are able to get some sleep you will see things in a much more positive note, sleep deprivation throws off your entire system and you have been dealing with lack of sleep for a long time. I know that things will start looking up for you very soon.

Have a good night my friend:sleep:
 
@uva55, and you, too, get a really good night's sleep. You need it after last night! When do you leave to go see your cousin?
 
Friday I have an appointment, at 9:45 with my PCP, he is also a reumatologist and he can give me my shots on my shoulders for the bursitis, so we'll leave after my torture :yikes:
 
I hope you get a good nights sleep. Everyone crus at some time with frustration after this surgery. I know I have on many occasions. Allow us, your friends, to help bolster you in your down times. You will the be able to help others as you continue to get better.
 
:yay:Paula, I hope you were able to get some sleep and are feeling better this morning!!
 
@uva55, Good morning, Clara. How are you doing on your last day of work and before your trip? Getting those shots should really help your shoulders feel better! I have had them and they really do help! I hope your night was a good one. Mine was a little better! I'm sleeping on my sides better now, and that's a big help towards improving my sleep! I did wake up with a new ache, but it nothing to be worried about. My doctor says it's completely normal to have different aches and pains showing up. I just got a text that Walmart has my Ambien filled, so I'll try one of those tonight.

My upper agitator on my washer has stopped working. I had to replace the 'dogears' about 6 or 7 years ago and will have to again. At least I hope that's what it is again. The hardest part is having to get way down into the agitator to reach a big bolt. I hope my knee lets me do that. I certainly do not want to have to go to the laundry mat! It might take me many attempts to get to that thing, but without losing my cool or hurting my knee, I'll get it fixed! So what if it takes me days! Getting it fixed is what counts! If I find I can't do it, I'll call a repairman. But, I hate to do that because I know how to fix it!
 
Paula, you are a woman of may talents...I all I know about a washing machine is that it gets my clothes clean :rotfl:
I am glad that you were able to get some rest.

Yesterday of course I was tired after work, and my lovely knee was swollen, but I had to cook dinner for my dad, I feel bad feeding him takeout all of the time and I told my son to come over for dinner also because I was making enough food, he has really helped me out with my dad through my recovery and also because my 2 year old granddaughter had my dad call me because she missed me and wanted to come over, so how can I resist, anyway, I was in pain by the end of my night, not only my knee but also my back, so I took an oxy and slept like a baby.

It is my last day, today is also a slow day at work. I will rest and ice tonight.
 
Nobody can turn away a sweet little granddaughter! Sleeping as well as you did was a wonderful result of your unselfish acts of cooking dinner for your family! After your appointment tomorrow you can enjoy your 3 days off and baby the new baby of yours!

I did it! I got the washing machine's 2 agitators out of the washer and taken apart! Yippee! I can still do it! Now, I hope my part comes in tomorrow like it's supposed to. It should be a breeze putting it back together. Then, I can get my laundry done!

I even ran the big vacuum in 3 rooms! This afternoon I have to cut some of the grass and that should be it for today! I think that's enough!
 
I am so impressed with your skill sand energy Paula!! Fixing a washing machine! Woohoo Supergirl! I DO hope you don't overdo and have to pay for it with less sleep tonight - but how awesome you must feel to see you were able to accomplish all that!

Safe travels Clara ... so glad you got some good sleep in! Love that new little bundle of joy!
 
No, ladies. I'm no super woman! It comes from years of having to take care of things myself. With the internet, you can find out how to fix almost anything. And most things aren't too hard. It's just getting the instructions on how to do them. The top agitator stopped working years ago and I figured it wasn't a hard fix. And it's wasn't. The new parts cost less than $5! A repairman probably would have charged at least $150. Since I googled it that last time and fixed it, I thought I could do it again. I had forgotten how to do part of it, so I googled it again. Simple as pie and not physically hard! When that washer gets running again, I will feel so good!

After cutting about 1/3 of the yard, I'm icing and elevating. I developed the habit of always icing whenever I'm sitting in my recline, which is when I sit almost all the time, so I've been getting plenty of icing ever since this surgery. I firmly believe that it helps more than drugs! The ice machine runs 24 hr. a day!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Paula,
Get a good rest in between all those activities! you are doing waaaay more than I ever did at 9 weeks!
How do you get all that energy? :spin: good thing you have plenty of ice!
 
Paula, I pray you get some rest tonight.
 
Thank you, ladies. So do I! I seemed to have extra energy today, so I took advantage of it and got the rest of the yard cut. I hope I won't be sorry about 2 or 3 tomorrow morning! I'll let all you know how I do tomorrow in my post.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Paula, Paula, Paula, you just can't resist can you...you are amazing, I just hope you don't hurt later.

I can't say much though, because I may have done a little too much myself...nothing personal but I hope we don't meet at the club:yikes:
 
I've fixed many things in life, but I would never attempt a washer! The thought of water all over had me have hubby do it! Although the timer seemed to be a pretty easy fix. You are amazing!
 
Back
Top Bottom