TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

@Josephine, I have tried but I just can't get the pixels down enough. I've tried 4 different times. The more I'm on my feet, the darker the bruising looks. It fades at night. I will see if I can borrow a camera from a friend to get a photo small enough to send for you to see.
 
@sistersinhim If you have windows (I have windows 10 and I use VuePrint), open the picture. Under 'File', click on 'resize'. Under 'Pixels-width', make it 1500, then make sure 'preserve aspect ratio' is checked, then click okay, then resave the picture to your desktop. That should make it small enough to post here. If not, make the same change, except instead of 1500, try 1000. Make sure to resave the picture, or it won't change the pixels. If you have a different picture viewer, you can still change the pixels, just google how to do it with your program.
 
VuePrint isn't free anymore and it didn't come on my Windows 10. I have posted other photos but this one just won't load. @Josephine, I did. Sorry I'm so slow.
 
Don't worry about it petal!
I use a free one called broken link removed: https://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/download.php. It's very good for a freebee!
(but whatever you do, don't download it from Softonic! It will come with loads of malware!
Use the green Cnet download.

I got your photo anyway.

Are you referring to the general pinkness of the leg or something else?

[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Josephine, you really can't tell it, but the blue bruising was coming out on the bottom of the knee to about 2 to 3" on each side of the incision. If I walk much more the whole knee top will become bluish, purple. I'll get another better photo after I have more activity. I'm done for the day except for a church meeting tonight.
 
OK, I sure will. I'll tag you when I get it. And I'm going to download that photo program. I'm not happy with the one that came with Windows 10.
 
@Josephine, I used the photo program you suggested and here are two photos of my knee. They are titled what they are. The 'after working knee' was after being outside pulling grass and spraying vinegar for about an hour, with a few sit down breaks. I would just like to know if this is normal. To me, it looks like it's bruising, but it does disappear. It turns these colors every time I'm on it for a while. There is not a lot of pain involved, just that dreaded stiffness, which I read is a type of pain! But, no bad shooting pains. I noticed on the second photo that my leg looks crooked. But, I can straighten it. I'm sure it just needs some exercising after I'm healed!

[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience
 
I have a feeling Josephine is going to say you're on the knee too much and you've given the proof. Just a feeling... :no-fin:
 
As you can see, I took your two photos and put them together, they are much easier to compare that way, don't you think?

They look perfectly fine to me, Paula. I can see where there is discolouration and the bruise you speak of. So yes, I'd be inclined to say you've probably been on it too much. Did you say you'd mentioned it to your surgeon and he wasn't too bothered? Do remember (as if you needed reminding!) that you are only 6 weeks out. Very early and as yet, very easy to make it react angrily! Because that's what it is - angry tissues.
 
Side by side there's not a huge difference. I found the color around my incision changed in the shower, it may have changed other times but I had long pants on. I thought it happened to me from the blood flow moving to the incision because I was on the leg longer.
 
@sistersinhim I think your knee looks wonderful! Go to my thread and look at my knee-I've posted a few pictures today and yesterday. I can only dream of my knee looking as great as yours does already. It will yell at you when you overdo things for a while yet, so just listen to it and you'll continue to do great. I know-we shouldn't compare, but one can't help noticing their knee against other knees of a similar post-op age. We're two weeks apart, so it's about the same time frame.
 
@Josephine, thank you for easing my mind. Just about any little thing and I tend to panic about this knee! What I showed the PA was the after surgery bruising that was still hanging on. And yes, today my knee is 6 weeks today!

I see my OS, I hope, on the 9th. If I still have this discoloration I will ask him about it. I visited the ODIC yesterday and paid for it last night with extra aching, but I am much better this afternoon! I made to a church meeting Tuesday night with just a crutch! And I went up and down the steps! In the house or in the yard I'm walking around totally on my own! My biggest complaint is still the stiffness and broken sleep.
 
Oh Paula! Your biggest complaint is stiffness? Do you not remember how many times I have said this - stiffness is a form of pain! Treat the pain and the stiffness will be treated also.
 
@lovetocookandsew, I saw your poor swollen leg. I pray you can get this swelling down. You know you have that nickel allergy, but God is in control. He can heal you and I pray He does. @KarriB, you were right. I am doing too much. I will rest more. I have gotten the patio and walkway in much better shape now, finally! So all I'll have to do is spray the vinegar to keep everything under control!
 
You're only 6 weeks out. I was back in the hospital at 4 weeks with another surgery so I can't say what I felt like doing or actually did. But a good policy is, if it hurts during or after, don't do it. I always think about the 12 week mark for going back to work. Well, welcome to the ODIC!
 
You are so right. I had been working on this job for over a week. Yesterday I was feeling much better, so I did about 3 times more than I had been doing before, thus the ODIC visit. Today, I was outside for only one time and only around an hour. The vast majority of it is finally done! Besides, with the heat and humidity today, I couldn't have stood anymore time out there anyway! There was no excuse for me overdoing it yesterday except I wanted it finished! The rest of the week I can stay in and work on my SS lesson for the next time I teach! I found out that brain work is just as draining as physical labor. Marilyn took over the teaching for me this past week, so I'm getting a head start on the next one so I can work on it an hour or so only each day. I learned from that last ODIC visit while studying for the last teaching!
 
Back
Top Bottom