TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

@Jockette, the weather was fine, the traffic was awful! I had 18 wheelers all around me almost the whole way. I had to take the interstate for about 50 miles. The speed limit is 70. Not me!! I don't do well in traffic nerves wise. I felt your prayers. Thank you! My new knee did great driving cause I have cruise control, but lefty complained a lot. It wants some attention now. Well, she'll have to wait! This discomfort on my new one will have to get better first.

Thank you for the hugs Kim.
 
My OS said that my implant is fine
I would agree with him.
He also said that he did not use the cement from the Attune knee, that he uses the same cement for all his implants and has since 2012
I'm curious as to why you felt it necessary to comment on this. Did you think there was an issue with the cement? (sorry, haven't read all your thread)
 
@Josephine, Yay!! Thank you for affirming what he said! I told my OS I was concerned about the cement for the Attune being recalled, that I was concerned that my implant has become loose because of it. That's when he said he didn't use that cement, he used another kind all the time. He also gave me the symptoms of a loose implant, which I do not have any of them! My pain is coming from the soft tissues, which he didn't have an explanation for. I have a couple of things I can try to help with that.
 
Just thought I'd let you know that even at almost 26 months out, you can still get zingers. I had some pretty significant ones on Saturday. I had done nothing out the ordinary, but still got them. My skin is still numb, but those zingers were underneath inside my knee on the lateral side! I've had mild ones all along, but these surprised me. So, if you all still get them down the road, don't be surprised! There's really nothing wrong, just your knee letting you know it's still healing!
 
I’ve had some, too, recently! :scare:
 
Just thought I'd let you know that even at almost 26 months out, you can still get zingers.

So, if you all still get them down the road, don't be surprised! There's really nothing wrong, just your knee letting you know it's still healing!
I still get some mild aches on the back and sides of my right knee, and that surgery was 3 1/2 years ago. In fact, it was a little achy today. The left knee has been bothering me some lately, mainly on the left side, but I'm only 3 1/2 months out from that surgery. I've been icing and elevating in the evenings, after I get home from work. That seems to help. It could be the humid weather too. My knees seem to feel better when there is less humidity.
 
Just thought I'd let you guys know of a new thing I'm experiencing. My numb area, which is about 6" long on the lateral side is now gaining some feeling. Not pleasant though. It feels like bugs crawling on me at times. When I feel it I look down and there's nothing there. So, after almost 28 months my nerves are still healing! Crazy! This is a s l o w recovery!
 
I have weird feelings like that, too, but on both legs, and I can only blame surgery on one! I guess the other one was jealous and crashed the party!

But, yay for more healing! :wowspring:
 
I still have numb spots on the left knee from all its surgeries. It sometimes tingles, but no bugs crawling sensations.
 
I have the same thing on my first knee. Drives me crazy at night, sometimes. The second knee has pretty much recovered feeling.
 
@sistersinhim - so glad you are able to discern there is some healing … finally. I hope those sensations crawl away soon! How aggravating and disconcerting. Good luck to you too @jmdearras - may you get some relief as well.
 
I have numb spots still on the outside of my right calf, but got some feeling back two years post op also.
 
It's amazing how long this recovery can actually take.
 
I was really hoping to be pain-free by now. But, it ain't so! Sometimes bending it in is bed is really painful, especially if I'm laying on my side. What's good, though, is walking and bike riding is almost totally painless! Some little twists and straightening 'wrong' is painful, too. Will it ever be pain free. I was told not, but what do they know? The knee is in control of its recovery. If it's all the way recovered, it could be much worse than it is now. It's better than before in most ways. The bending in bed is much worse. But, that's not bad, either!
 
I’m sorry it’s not as good as you would like, but glad it’s better than it was. I guess it still could continue to improve.

That’s awesome you can ride your bike and walk almost pain free!
 
Yep, I'm very thankful for being better!
 
@Josephine or @Jamie, I have a question. We had the TS Michael come through last night with a big drop in the barometric pressure. My new knee had shooting pains in it. It reminded me of the days before the tkr when bad weather came in. Thank God I had a Tramadol left and took it with the Tylenol. They helped. What caused this pain since I have no natural joint anymore?
 
My knee, neck and shoulders felt that storm go by!
 
Back
Top Bottom