TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

Clunking normal. I think mine is even louder because I don't have a kneecap there, so there's nothing to muffle the sound.

We say that no one should ever push your leg or knee! You were blessed to have an OK outcome from it.
 
@Jamie or @Josephine, twice last week my tkr knee has awakened me in pain. The pain was the whole medial side of my knee. The first night it woke me up 3 times in one night. The next time it was only once. When I changed position the pain eased up. This was the first time in over a year that I've had it wake me up. I've done nothing out of the ordinary. The whole knee area continues to be painful to push on lightly. I also have pains in it off and on, though not severe, just enough to let me know it's not happy. Do you have any ideas for me?
 
The fact that you get some discomfort from pressure on the area would sound like some swelling to me. I have areas like that on both my knees. It's possible that you moved some way in your sleep to irritate the soft tissue, so you weren't aware of it. I don't think it's anything to worry about as long as it doesn't get worse and doesn't hurt when you put weight on your leg. Let's see what Jo thinks.
 
You did shovel snow last week, do you think that irritated anything in there? And didn’t you have a medial release? Do you think the 2 are connected?
 
Show me where this pain is on this chart

[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience
 
@Jockette, this happened before I shoveled snow last week.

@Josephine, the pain at night that woke me up is CDE RF2. The painful area that is all the time is really hard to map. It's DE close to each side of the line between rf1 and rf2. If I have any pressure or bump at this area the pain level can jump to a 5 or 6.

The TKR knee is only about ¼" larger than the other one. As time goes on it's getting more painful. My activity level hasn't increased, if anything it has decreased. The knee bend is pretty stable, but the hyper-extension is something I have to watch out for. It did it before the TKR, so I guess it might be the nature of having no patellas.
 
So like these?

[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience


I would venture to suggest that they are both related to tendinitis in the quads which would include the quads and the patellar tendons.

[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience
 
Thank you, Josephine. It seems like tendonitis wants to take over so many of my joints. Getting old isn't much fun. I guess it's back on the anti-inflammatory. It doesn't seem like I can have any quality of life without them. At least I can take a lower dose than what's prescribed.
 
Well, I have a new concern with my TKR. I've started having 'lightening bolts type pain that shoots through the back of my knee, more on the medial side. Any idea what's going on with that? It started yesterday and has happened infrequently, but I don't like it!
 
I'm sorry your knee is playing up, @sistersinhim. That's not the sort of Christmas present you wanted, is it?
I can't offer any explanation, but I hope that @Josephine can.
 
It's time to, as @Jockette says, "to get over itself!"! I don't know why it has to be ornery every so often!

The last 'zinger' I had my leg actually jumped up. I don't know if I did it subconsciously because it was hurting so bad, or if my leg actually jumped by itself. All I know is I don't want anymore of these. This isn't even in the surgical area! Now, I'm worrying about something else, metal allergy along with worrying it's loose. Gee, get over it!
 
I've started having 'lightening bolts type pain that shoots through the back of my knee, more on the medial side.
It'll be nerve pain, that's for sure. You should speak to your GP about having a course of gabapentin.
 
Back
Top Bottom