Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

You have been getting a lot more storms up there than we have down here. I think we get some of the same big ones that move east, but mostly they go up to you. We are forecasted to get some about 10pm, so that's probably a lot later than you.

It's a shame your new knee is still reacting to weather change. Mine hasn't hurt with storms for about 18 months now! Hopefully, yours will stop sooner than that!
 
We had some pretty nasty storms blow through last night but my foot/ankle were almost painfree! Yay! The breaks must be finally almost healed. Boy, this has been a long time coming. Early evening, before the bad weather, we went and picked up a load of fire wood logs. I lifted only a few really heavy pieces, but my knee was awful this morning. I could barely put any weight on it. Come on May 31st. I want to find out what's wrong with my new baby! Thank God it's much better now!

I'm planning on going camping in the mountains next week. I'll see how she handles a lot of trail hiking. I know I'll wear my ankle and shoulder braces but I have no knee brace. I tried one years ago, but my tissues are way to sensitive to have anything tight on my knees. They have been for years.
 
You will have the results of your own tests to discuss with your surgeon!

Where is that magic wand we need?:shrug:
 
I've only had one broken bone (thank goodness)-- my wrist a couple of years ago-- and it can sometimes still be a bit sensitive to overuse, but less so than in the first year. The thing I notice most is not so much the weather, but when my arm gets cold it can get a little achy. I hope your foot and ankle are just continuing to heal.

Keep us posted on the knee/leg.
 
We had some pretty nasty storms blow through last night but my foot/ankle were almost painfree!

My knees have both decided to stop being weather-reactive, for which I'm grateful. I didn't even notice until you mentioned about your foot!
 
That's wonderful new, Susie! No more arthritis and no more weather knees!
 
Well, I'm off to the OS tomorrow to see if my pain is coming from a hardware problem or soft tissues. I want to find out why this is happening. Please pray that the OS see the real reason for it!
 
Thank you, Celle. I'll let everyone know what, if anything, I find out. All I know is there's more pain than last year before my fall.
 
How did you do over the weekend you were away?
 
I wore the ankle brace the whole time I hiked, so that and the foot were not too bad. The knee did a little worse each day. By the time I got home Sunday it was really paining and my normal painful areas are more so. It has also taken on a different feeling of stinging inside where I would have a kneecap. Strange, and my numbness is spreading down my lateral side more than it was. Every time I walk it has a popping sound. It used to clunk occasionally, but now it's every step. It's loud enough that I can hear it outside of my head. My clunking was inside my head, if that makes sense! I am really concerned and feel like crying. It was so good back in early May '17. Not so much now.
 
I’m thinking of you also. Hoping too that this OS can give you some answers!
 
@Josephine[/USER], would you please resize and then look at my xrays from today and give me your opinion?
[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience
[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience
[ATTACH=full]66471[/ATTACH]
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience
    both knees bent May 31.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 221
My OS said that my implant is fine, that it's my soft tissues that are giving me the pain. Normally, he'd see me again in 5 years but because of the pain, he wants me back in a year. Of course, if it gets worse to come in sooner than that. He also said that he did not use the cement from the Attune knee, that he uses the same cement for all his implants and has since 2012. I will try icing again and see if it helps. I'm very happy the implant is OK and I'm having no symptoms of an infection.
 
I’m glad your implant is ok and you have no signs of infection! :happydance:

So it’s the soft tissue that gets so cranky, huh? Bummer! :blackcloud:

Sending hugs and prayers that your knee will settle down soon. :console2:

How was the drive? I prayed for you a lot and kept checking the weather map and it looks like you had decent driving weather. Was that the case?
 
Back
Top Bottom