TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

So did my ankle/foot breaks areas, but I expected that. Not my new knee! How disappointing. I was just bragging a few weeks ago that it wasn't a weather knee anymore!
 
I blelieve it's the changes in barometric pressure but don't ask me to explain that because I have NO IDEA!
 
Oh shoot! I was hoping for a good explanation for why? I looked barometric pressure's affect of joints and this is what webmd says: But barometric pressure often drops before bad weather sets in. This lower air pressure pushes less against the body, allowing tissues to expand -- and those expanded tissues can put pressure on the joint. https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/features/weather_and_pain

Having a logical explanation will help me not to panic the next time it happens!
 
@Josephine, is there a way I can tell if I have a Bakers Cyst without having an CT scan or xray? The back of my knee is really painful and getting worse. I don't want to go to the doctor unless I have to. He's over an hour away.
 
sistersinhim,
As someone recovering from a ruptured Bakers Cyst, recommend you go to a doctor. I would not wish a ruptured Bakers Cyst on my worst enemy. At times pain rivaled the worst pain of my TKR.
They can drain the cyst if it gets too large.
 
Does it show up on an xray or would I need a scan?
 
Mine did not show up on an X-ray or a contrast CT scan. US or MRI is used most often for Bakers Cyst.
 
Thank you, Pumpkin. I will make an appointment with my OS.
 
I know it's not arthritis because it's my new knee. I got the trochanteric bursitis in my left hip/butt area. Man, you should see me walk. I look like a little old lady and I'm not that old yet!
 
I’m sorry! If it’s not one thing it’s something else!
 
Thank you, NightQuilter! Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving, also! I would love some boredom!
 
My tkr was also in June 2016, and my knee still clunks. I can feel it and hear it. It doesn't hurt, though. I still have pain, at times, in the back of my knee and when I lift it up when I'm laying on my left side. So, for many of us, this surgery takes longer than a year. I can say that it is much better than before the tkr. Isn't that what we all want?!

Isn't "clunking" of the knee after a TKR normal? Mine didn't start until I saw my revision OS at 6 weeks and he pressed down on my knee to give me more of an extension. It doesn't really hurt but I think it loosened up everything, which is good, right?
 
@sistersinhim and @Cementless,
I moved the above post from another thread, it was in response to a post made in February. I though it belonged in Sistersinhim's thread where she will see the post and be able to respond.
Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom