Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

According to the Revision OS, my Attune had completely debonded from the tibia and was rocking in the channel with a simple touch of a finger. The OS took pictures and saved the implant for me.

I've spoken with the law firm who filed the initial law suit in AL and am waiting to hear if my case would be a good candidate.

I certainly hope @sistersinhim, @SusieShoes and anyone else with Depuy Attune implants that yours are fine. If not, please take precautions and the necessary steps to preserve information and the implant in case you do decide to pursue an action against Depuy (which is owned by Johnson & Johnson)
 
@celynda, could you actually feel it moving inside your leg? I would love to see he photos you OS took.
 
I felt like I could. When the OS moved my knee from side to side or pulled on the knee, he could move it. As soon as I get photos, I’ll post them in My Recovery thread.
 
For whatever reason, the photos aren't available on the patient portal so I have to wait until I see the OS next week.
 
@sistersinhim my allergist was the one who wrote the script to get the LLT test, but they don’t have a lab onsite, so I was like you trying to find someone to draw my blood. My daughter is an attorney and she’s on the board at our local hospital, she was able to get the lab at the hospital do it as a favor. Without her, I’m afraid I wouldn’t have been able to find anyone to do it. I think it’s ridiculous how we have to do all of this. These tests should be offered to anyone with any issues with metals.
 
It seems we have to jump through hoops to be tested. I can't imagine why. If we find out before hand we have an allergy to metal, then it'll save the insurance companies thousands of dollars in the long run. Not to mention all the extra money, pain and time of healing for the patient it'd save.
 
I went to the movies yesterday. It's the first time, in probably 20 years, that I have sat that long without elevating. Afterwards, riding in the car, my knee starting paining on the lower right side. Thank God I had some Tylenol, which helped. Today, there are no pains, but is sore when moving. Well, this knee needs to get over itself! There are other parts of my body that want attention, too! Equal opportunity for aches and pains in other joints, too!
 
For years, I used a cane and so had it with me in the theaters. I used the cane to prop up my leg on. I'm not using it anymore, so I didn't have it with me. My old knee ache a little, but didn't pain like my new one. But, I did it! That's another first! With my history of surgeries, I might have to continue to elevate forever. If so, I will. At least I can walk!
 
I hear there are some movie theaters that have recliners. I haven’t been to one, though. Yet.
 
This one has soft rocking chairs in the handicapped area, but no recliners. I will take my cane next time to prop up on. There are two more Christian movies that I want to see that are there!
 
My new knee is slowly getting worse. Maybe it's because I'm more active now, but it is very disappointing. The back and lateral side is a constant area that I have to be careful about. Last night in bed, I attempted to lift my left up while laying on my left side. The pain level shot up to a 7 on the lateral side and went down my tibia almost to my ankle. The whole leg is bigger than my left leg, but the knee doesn't appear to be any bigger then the other. Strange situation. I have made an appointment with my OS on the 31st of May. I pray it's nothing but muscles and tendons. I want to have a summer this year!!
 
I’m very glad you’re on the other side of the surgery. Good luck!
 
My knee is almost 2 years old! It was better a year ago than now.
 
Oh no! Hugs and prayers! :console2:
 
I have made an appointment with my OS on the 31st of May. I pray it's nothing but muscles and tendons. I want to have a summer this year!!
I hope your surgeon can give you a reason why your knee seems to have regressed.

I hope you get a summer this year,too.
 
Back
Top Bottom