Next surgery date is a approaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
TeeEm Do you have your surgery scheduled yet? My first surgery went so well, I have't no reservations about my upcoming one.
zauberflöte My mom, sister and myself are going to see Lynn Anderson, she was my favorite singer when I was a child. We got the opportunity to see her in a small theater and I kind of planned my upcoming surgery around seeing her.
@smart2run I was wondering how hard is it to get around with both hips replaced at the same time. My first hip is still weak so I have been working on strengthening exercises for that but I'm wondering how much am I gonna have to depend on that leg after this next surgery. I went back to work part-time at 5 weeks after surgery but I did that because I knew I'm going to be gone again and I couldn't let all my work go for so long without me checking into the office. After my next surgery I'm planning on taking whatever I need to be healed and my employer is very supportive on that. I am down to taking a few Tylenol once or twice a day to cut the pain. Most of the pain I have is muscle aches and then the pain from hip that's waiting for surgery has it days.
 
sandybeach Hi,
Not long now. Hope everything goes smoothly. I am not far behind you. Soon we will be fully On the other side not straddled between the two which could make the eyes water a bit :heehee:
I know what you mean with the operated leg being weak. I am a bit concerned how I will cope after the second op. I am still on pain meds for the unoperated leg. Im sure we will be fine
Barbara
 
Elosarabrab Good thoughts!!! Our next surgeries are soon. I can't wait to be able to move normal again. My vision is once I have two working legs is to take off the weight I have gained in the last year, get lots of exercise to get to feeling healthy and have a really good summer. You're right about the eye's watering when I move the wrong way.
 
sandybeach It's not too bad to have both done at the same time. They were both so bad that anything was a marked improvement I think. It's great that you were able to work in between. I am losing my mind at home and it has only been 5 weeks. I'm looking to go back to working a few hours a week in about two more weeks. If anyone would tell me how sick I'd be of watching t.v. and eating, I would tell them they were lying. I miss being out and about which has been made worse by feeling better.
 
smrt2run Are you able to walk and get around okay? Even with just one of my hips done I still need to use a cane to walk without a limp. I know what you mean about the need to get out. What kind of work do you do? That makes a difference as to when you will go back to work too. Our weather has been so bad too with cold, snow and ice so it's been hard for me to get out and feel safe. I hope you can find a way to enjoy your time off, once you're back to work there's no turning back.
 
sandybeach Thankfully the limp is gone (I had a very noticeable one pre-surgery). Not sure exactly what caused it nor why I no longer have it. Hopefully after your second surgery you will notice the same. I do work retail, so I am on my feet but I would just do 10 or 15 hours a week. I did work 25-30 before the surgery in pain so I'm used to it. I'm sure it's not the best decision but I will discuss it with the surgeon when I see him in two weeks. I am enjoying it, I guess. I hope when I am driving I will feel better about not doing anything. I could see a movie or go to the park or something now that it is finally nice. My bank account and waistline sure miss me working. I feel like all I do is sit home and eat or shop online haha. Perhaps I need a hobby that isn't either of those :shrug:
 
Healing energy being sent your way for your Friday surgery sandybeach. The days right before must be tough. My wife and I are going to go down to the City a few days before mine in July and go to a concert. Rock n Roll for us...but a flautist, zauberflöte...Ian Anderson and Jethro Tull.
 
sandybeach: you wil be in my thoughts this week...i feel so good 2weeks into the Good Side...i give you back the same positive vibes you and many others have offered to me....take care...
 
sandybeach Good luck on Friday, wishing you as brilliant experience in the hospital as before and a speedy recovery.

—Susan
 
smrt2run Are you able to walk and get around okay? Even with just one of my hips done I still need to use a cane to walk without a limp. I know what you mean about the need to get out. What kind of work do you do? That makes a difference as to when you will go back to work too. Our weather has been so bad too with cold, snow and ice so it's been hard for me to get out and feel safe. I hope you can find a way to enjoy your time off, once you're back to work there's no turning back.

Hi sandybeach, I note that you will be having the other hip done? I have a date of June 17th to have my left done. I'm having an issue with my new hip being good and wanting to move and walk but the now bad left hip is making it difficult. How are you handling that and what are you doing or taking so you can do PT and walk despite the now bad leg?
 
marcopollo BarbaraR anniemg Teacat designergirl Thanks for all the well wishes, I appreciate all of them. Friday will be here before I know it and I will start the process all over again but this time I know what to expect and know that soon both hips will be pain free.
chisels1 I had both hips go bad on me at the same time. I didn't believe that I needed a hip replacement for many months and my hips continued to get worse. In time I came to believe the doctors and scheduled hip replacement surgeries and I scheduled them both at the same time but they had to be 6 weeks apart. I have a really hard time with the bad hip. It hurts when I walk or move it all. It makes PT really hard and I feel I'm set way back in recovery because of it. I am taking norco at night to sleep, during the day I'm taking Tylenol extra strength. It helps the pain but doesn't completely stop it. I knew I was going to have a problem because my hips are so bad that's why I scheduled both surgeries at the same time because I knew if I waited until 6 weeks after my first and then scheduled I would be waiting, like you, a lot longer and want/need to get this done ASAP. I have days that I can't take the pain, it's hard dealing with the surgery pain and still have the pain coming from my bad hip too. I know exactly what you're going through....maybe you can see if your doctor can do your second surgery earlier. I use a cane when walking. I try to walk as much as I can without the cane to try and get my new hip and leg stronger.
 
smrt2run How are you doing? Do you get around with the use of a cane or walker? I hope you were able to find entertainment. I started reading a series of books, there's 3, so I hope to finish that when I'm out with my next surgery. My last surgery seemed to go from all I wanted to do is stare mindlessly at the TV to getting restless with the need to get up and do something. Now the weather here should be getting better so I hope I can spend time outside and get fresh air and sunshine.
 
marcopollo BarbaraR anniemg Teacat designergirl Thanks for all the well wishes, I appreciate all of them. Friday will be here before I know it and I will start the process all over again but this time I know what to expect and know that soon both hips will be pain free.
chisels1 I had both hips go bad on me at the same time. I didn't believe that I needed a hip replacement for many months and my hips continued to get worse. In time I came to believe the doctors and scheduled hip replacement surgeries and I scheduled them both at the same time but they had to be 6 weeks apart. I have a really hard time with the bad hip. It hurts when I walk or move it all. It makes PT really hard and I feel I'm set way back in recovery because of it. I am taking norco at night to sleep, during the day I'm taking Tylenol extra strength. It helps the pain but doesn't completely stop it. I knew I was going to have a problem because my hips are so bad that's why I scheduled both surgeries at the same time because I knew if I waited until 6 weeks after my first and then scheduled I would be waiting, like you, a lot longer and want/need to get this done ASAP. I have days that I can't take the pain, it's hard dealing with the surgery pain and still have the pain coming from my bad hip too. I know exactly what you're going through....maybe you can see if your doctor can do your second surgery earlier. I use a cane when walking. I try to walk as much as I can without the cane to try and get my new hip and leg stronger.

Thanks sandybeach, you and I have a similar situation. I had both scheduled, March 25th RTHR done, the schedule for the left is June 17th. I don't think I can go that long. I see my surgeon on the 23rd of April and you can bet I will bring up getting this done sooner. I talked with him in the Hospital when he came by to see me, I mentioned getting it done sooner and he was all for it based on my progress and that has been going well, except the bad left side protests. I have been taking tylenol extra strength and before my PT guy comes I take one 2mg dilaudid. I'm really happy that I decided to do something. I have a high threshold of pain and went longer with 2 bad hips. I wish you all the best sandybeach and please keep us informed of your progress. Will you be posting in the pre-op forum or still on the post-op?
 
Sounds like you are exactly the same as me, you are the first person on here that I have found that is so simular....my progress since my surgery has been really good for what I can do with the bad hip complaining. I waited too long to begin this process but I really didn't think I needed hip surgery. Mine came on really quick once it got to a certain point and since then it's been totally down hill. I know I would have a really hard time handling the pain in my bad hip til June. I think I have been in so much pain since May of last year that I'm just done with it. I hope you can get an earlier surgery date, I know what you're going through and waiting that long is too long. Did your doctor suggest you wait that long between surgeries? I will post on the post-op. after my surgery.
 
sandybeach Friday's the day woohooo!!!!:happydance: & Elosarabrab watering eyes is all you get when you slam the frig door into the bad leg??? !@#$%^&* is what I do :yikes: :rotfl:
smrt2run reread ALL the Harry Potters! Relive your childhood without having to sneak the flashlight under the covers after bedtime! I'm putting them on my list right now, along with the 57th re-reading of Lord of the Rings.....
 
@zauberflöteer thanks, It seems like a long time in coming and now it's almost here. Looking forward to the pain free days of summer that will be in my future. Your day will be here before you know it also.
 
zauberflöte Oh thats sounds like a great idea. Currently i'm just sitting around watching talk shows and Judge Judy. I do have both The Hobbit DVD and book very close by. Perhaps i'll do that too. Hope your getting ready for your surgery!
 
Nearly there, I will be watching with real interest how you go and if you think the time between them was the right decision. I think I will be swayed when I get back to work as to whether I can last a little longer or need to go for it sooner. Elosarabrab is right it'll be nice for you both to be completely on the other side instead of straddling the line, I hope to be with you fairly soon xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom