TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

I need to post a current update and will do that at a later date; however, today I get to do two wonderful things: I'm going for a massage at 9:00 and I get to pick up the honeymooners at 5:00!!

She is going to need to be careful around my knee (over the kneecap, it is currently feeling bruised and I'm not remembering hitting it or anything so I'm assuming it is a recovery item) and the Baker's cyst in the back has fluid from my swelling so it is sore. And... the tibia is tender near the knee - but I just can't wait for the hamstring, quad, IT band etc. to get rubbed on!!
 
Enjoy your massage! My PT gives me one during my visits and its the best part. Really helps loosen things up and it feels so lovely. Hope you have a good time with your honeymooners, too!
 
Wow, look at you on that horse Jaschembra! What a red-letter day for you!:wowspring:
 
The only way to work on straightening - birds chirping, dog sunbathing, 75 degrees (after a stretch of 90's +) and my homemade ice pack cover!

The massage was wonderful!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<
    IMG_2887.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 241
I hate this super hot weather! I've been hibernating inside, haven't walked once this week and the neighborhood pool is still too cold for me. Next week looks a little cooler. Being in the shade is wonderful and ice makes it bearable!
 
I despise hot weather, too. I go out and sit on the deck, elevating while reading before it gets to hot and humid. A few years back I went to Death Valley and it was around 110*. It feels hotter here than it does there! At least getting out and getting that vitamin D is so helpful for all of us healing! But, don't forget the sunscreen on that new scar!
 
Ran into one of those fast healers today at the gym pool. She is 7 weeks out and was walking like a charm! She went straight from her walker to walking (no cane) and she only takes a Tramadol at night to help with sleep. Jealous :) But I'm happy for her. It was her first day in the water and my knee twin and I tried to warn her about over doing it in the water. Based on what she was doing, she may be feeling it tonight and tomorrow!
So, there were 4 of us from my water aerobics class that had TKR's this year and we are all doing well. Yippee!!

Prayers continue for two important forum advisors here -
@sistersinhim continue to have less all over body aches, continue healing, and I hope you get to have a walking boot in a couple of weeks
@newlybionic that the infection has left your body or has just about been booted out from the antibiotics and that you have less nausea once you're only on the oral antibiotics (and yippee on the driving)
 
@jaschembra , wow, that's a lot of new knees in just one class! Glad to hear everyone is recovering so well!
 
I must stretch more - And that includes both legs!

I spent an hour picking lettuce and pulling weeds in our garden yesterday. It was great that I was able to do this (although I had to ice/elevate for equally the same if not more afterwards)! Anyway, last night and today, I'm feeling that muscle/tendon behind the "natural" knee. One thing it tells me, besides I need to stretch more, is that those muscles and tendons behind the bionic knee aren't just sore because I've had surgery. They are sore because I'm using them! 6,176 steps too.

I've had a few instances since last night in my natural knee of it wanting to give out on me. It had better stop this right here and now! Mr. Right Knee has about 6 months to wait because I'm not ready to go there yet. :)
 
I know what you mean about not being ready to go through another tkr yet! It is not a fun recovery! But, you have done great.

Bending and gardening is a really good way to see how bad the back of our knees can hurt afterwards. I bet we've all been there. I sure have!
 
Finally set up my gravity recliner and with low humidity and a nice breeze, my lefty (and righty) couldn't be happier!
(Guess the pic could be better if I had caught my horses in it lol)
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 206
Every picture is better with horses! Horses are the most beautiful creatures and I gawk at them on every drive in the country. Still that picture sure looks like the image of happy summer relaxation.
 
What a beautiful setting you live in. Your knee's looking good, too!
 
what a beautiful view you have as you're recovering. i love your sandals in the previous photo. what brand are they?
 
@liam2015 the sandals in the previous pic are Ecco brand. Very comfortable, very safe (I feel like I have a tennis shoe on when walking in them) and expensive for a shoe much less a sandal. But... I've had 5 surgeries total on my feet so they are "high maintenance feet" lol. These are the Yucatán. I tried their other style that was $10 less, but returned them for the Yucatán. I bought the first pair locally and fell in love so I had to get another color which I ordered on Zappos. Same price either way.
 
thank you so much @jaschembra ~ i'm looking for a new pair of sandals to replace my birkenstocks which are thong style. i like that yours have those straps securing them and looks like good arch support.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom