TKR New to TKR world

Being 5 months out from my op is there any possibility i can improve it?
You will continue to improve - just give it time and patience. Here are some posts from 2 of our members tracking their ROM.

Here is betrtschb's record of how his flexion developed over time:
I'm 12 months out from my surgery and have some advice based on my experience:
1- Stop going to PT (all it will do is make your knee swell and reduce ROM)
2- Don't worry about your ROM
3- Be patient - VERY patient!!!

Here is my ROM history (more or less):
1 month - 60 degrees
2 months - 80 degrees
3 months - 85 degrees
4 months - 90 degrees
5 months - 90 degrees
6 months - 110 degrees
7 months - 120 degrees
8 months - 125 degrees
9 months - 130 degrees
10 months - 135 degrees
11 months - 140 degrees
12 months - 140 degrees

I spent waaaaay too much time worrying about ROM. I thought I'd be riding my bike a couple months after surgery but it took SIX months! Looking back on my surgery, if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have wasted my time with PT and I wouldn't have worried about ROM.


And I have another record, from Campervan - she discovered that her flexion had increased even at 6 years post-op:
"I had a slow recovery. Here's my flex measurements at various points:
92 - 8 weeks post op
105 - 10 weeks
107 - 5 months
110 - 6 months
112 - 7 months
116 - 9 months
119 - 11 months
118 - 1 yr
120 - 1yr 2 months
125 - 1 yr 8 months
128 – 6 years "
 
Jaycey, thanks you so much for these stories, cheered me right up, good old bonesmart.
 
At 5 months you aren't even halfway through your knee's healing. This is a very long recovery requiring lots of patience. If you will just try and forget about your knee and go about your day the best you can eventually you'll realize that you are much better. You won't see changes daily or even weekly, but monthly. Try not to worry so much and just live your life.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom