MUA New Knee #2 Recovery<

I changed the title of your thread. Does that look better now?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Pain is intense this time..leg is huge. I don't get it.i dont remember being in this much pain last time. Its staying at as consrant 8 sometimes 9. My entire leg hurts, all the way down to my foot. On as happier note Hubby brought me some beautiful flowers and a basket of assorted things covered in chocolate.

I’m so sorry you’re hurting. :console2:

Awesome hubby you got there! :roseshwr:
Flowers and chocolates!

Yea @Jockette he's a keeper lol.

They are trying morphine now and percoset for in between. Its crazy

You don't have to feel feisty to be a Feisty LOL!
That intense pain is awful. I had it in hospital when nerve blocks wore off. A few minutes of agony seemed like hours. Hope it's under control now.

Now you have 2 new knees!

@beachy thank you for the giggle. Unfortunately the nausea has returned this morning with a vengeance and the pain is still as solid 8-9 so im still in the hospital. :sick:

Get someone to call your OS and ask him to order you some different pain meds that will work for you. It's no need for you to lay there in pain like that! He would want to know.

@sistersinhim he came by this morning . He has also called several times today. He ordered a patch for the nausea. He is going to send me home with them as well. I dont understand what is making me so sick. He thought he had made good decisions about changing meds this time to prevent this and the post op pain. So im going to be taking gabapentin, 12 hour slow release morphine, percoset every 4-6 hours and something else i cant remember. It seems to have finally given me some relief..now i can say im down to a 7. He will come by tomorrow and i should be released to go home. My leg is huge though. The hospital ice bags are terrible lol. Cant wait to get home to my lounge doctor and my gel packs and my bed!! :sleeep:

Thanks for listening!!! :thankyou:

Good that your pain has come down some. Are you able to elevate in the hospital? I was unable to take morphine do to it making me sick. That might be causing your problem.

No i can't elevate unfortunately. I cant even really lift my leg. Its possible but i was nauseated before the morphine. Its got the OS stumped i think lol. Possible it's the general anesthesia? I was like this in May too but its been worse this timem

Oh, the GA makes me sick for days. I bet that is what it is. That should wear off real soon. Can you get a motion sickness patch? That helped me, too. Also, ask for more pillows and elevate that knee as much as you can. Not elevating increases the swelling and the pain.

Ok i will ask for the pillows. OS put a patch on me this afternoon that has helped a bit.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom