MUA New Knee #2 Recovery<

Wonderful about p.t. You're doing so well - and won't it be great to not HAVE to be someplace each week?
Good luck on your road trip too. Let us know how it goes....
 
@chicklet Thank you!

@Laurenkate Yes it will be nice to not go lol. I will definitely do updates on the road trip. Taking my lounge Dr, ice bags and a cooler to fill up the ice bags :heehee:
 
@Laurenkate well the road trip was ok. Too much too soon for the knee though. I iced the best I could. Couldn't really elevate since we had car seats in the back but once I got to daughters apartment and then back home I could elevate again. In hindsight I wouldn't do it again so soon. But I survived lol. Wedding was beautiful and my daughter's best friend (bride) had the winery set up a lounge type chair for me after the dinner was served. So that was lovely.
 
Was released by OS a couple of weeks until 6 months post op then at the year mark. However I have an appointment with him today to get MRI results from the right knee . It really isn't doing good at all just like the left one was. Insurance won't pay for injections after all so MRI was next step
Guess we shall see :shrug:
 
Sounds like the trip went ok and you must be glad to be home. Like you, I'll be about 3 months out when we go on our long road trip in October. My husband and I really want to go - knee is going to want to stay home. For the first time in 5 years, we won't be carrying baby equipment, car seats, etc. and were looking forward to traveling without a packed car. Now we're talking about taking an ice machine, my set-up for around the toilet (brain cramp - can't remember what it's called), ice packs, blah, blah, blah. Really miss the days of throwing a duffle bag in the car and just going.....
If you think of anything you wish you'd done or taken, suggestions will be appreciated. Good luck on the MRI...
 
Yes definitely glad to be home! Try to stop and stretch as much as possible . Ekevare in car if you can. That helped on the way home. I think if it had been a longer stretch between leaving and coming back it would've been better lol.
 
Well rtkr is scheduled for October 18th. Meniscus is torn and am bone on bone. Oh well at least I know what I'm getting into this time. :boohoo:
 
Yikes about the second tkr but at least you'll get it over with and won't spend next year wondering when it'll have to be done. I swear, after a tkr, the other knee gets jealous and wants some attention! :) :-) (: The other good news is this knee probably won't get as bad as the first which might make recovery a little easier.

The turn around time on your trip sounded tough. We're going to take the lounge doctor too so maybe I could elevate during some of the trip. We have to stop every couple of hours for bathroom breaks and stretching out the achy body parts so that won't be an issue.
 
@Laurenkate I know right. I think it got really jealous as it went downhill fast from April when OS first did xrays. Oh well it will be ok...at least I want have to meet any deductibles again :) :-) (:
 
1st professional pedicure since before surgery. Hope it's not a mistake :heehee:
 
Did the process bother your knee at all? My knee is so sensitive to angles I can’t imagine it liking a pedicure position.

And I’ve never had a pedicure. I had one manicure which was an overrated experience for me! (There must be something wrong with me!)
 
@Jockette it bothered the the non operated knee more than my new one. I thought for sure it woukd bother it. Plus i ask then not to touch the knee area at all. Svar is still pretty sensitive. However i did do the express pedicure so it wasnt too long. I doubt I could handle the spa pedicure I used to get.
 
@Jockette When I was out in the business world I had manicures. As for pedi's, I am so leery of getting one. I contracted a fungal infection in one of my toenails a few years back, and I'm not sure my poor toenail ever recovered. And since getting the knees done, I absolutely don't want to risk an infection again. However, I have been able to bend my knees sufficiently up on a footstool as I sit on a chair to be able to take care of the toenails myself. But that was a long time coming. Also, when getting a professional pedi, they give you a foot and calf massage that I absolutely hate, because they don't know what the heck they are doing, and it hurts. No one is going to get near these knees that doesn't know what they are doing!!!! :no-fin:
 
Luckily the girl I've gone to for the last 3 years is the owner of her salon and she's very concenious of keeping their equipment pristine. And she gives the best leg massage but I did not do that today just let her do the basic stuff. I have a work leader training next Tuesday thru Thursday so toes needed a nice cut/trim and paint.
 
Anyone have any advice on a bakers cyst? I had one prior to surgery and it has returned with a vengeance. Saw OS Monday and is prescribing voltaren gel. I was using Pennsaid but I'm having a reaction to something in it..keep getting welts and rash. I've gone from the knee just being uncomfortable to hurting again, not too bad but it's really bothering me.
 
Hi there..just checking in from second tkr. OS said everything went good..2 hour surgery again. Having some nausea and pain issues as last time. Have a portable nerve block as well. Sat up in a chair a little while yesterday. Walked across to the wall from my room this morning and am in chair again
BP went pretty low last night and today so dizziness is a new problem this time. Possibly getting releasd tomorrow. Dr wants to make sure nausea and pain is better. Still on IV but that should be removed sometime today.
So that's the excitement of my new knee recovety day 2. Not feeling to feisty right now :heehee:
But this too shall pass!

@Jockette or or another admin can you please change my thread title to new knee #2 recovery :thankyou:
 
We’ll take care of the title change.

I hope things even out for you soon!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom