MUA New Knee #2 Recovery<

It won’t hurt to miss PT tomorrow. Getting ready and going would be a lot of PT in and of itself. I’m sure you’ve got an emotional type of stress going on with this move in that you can’t handle certain things yourself and remembering the reason for the move, etc. That in itself can be exhausting.

And how sweet of your son to do that. You can always discreetly rearrange later if you want.

That is absolutely heartwarming and started my day with a smile. Give him a hug for me.

When your knee is healed you can put everything where you want it. Just think....you’ll have 2 good knees then!

I’m doing pretty well, I think. Pain and swelling are under control as long as I don’t do too much.

I guess one good thing about having my other knee done 2 1/2 weeks ago...I didn't have to wait in line to vote today..took me to the front of the line.

I found him unpacking all the pantry items and putting them away today. It's not exactly how I would have organized it but he was so proud of himself it just made my heart swell. Think I will just leave it as is.
You should be proud of that wonderful son of yours! Leaving it as he did it will let him know how much you appreciate his help!

@Txmomgmom3 ... it certainly sounds like you've had a lot to deal with during your recovery. Can you tell me the status of your participation in the Scar Shield test?

@Jamie OS wants me to wait another week before starting the scar shield. Had 2 internal stitches pop through so he just wants to be cautious. One actually oozed a bit after they pulled it out so they covered the area again.

Okay, that's fine. I'll send you a PM with some additional information.

OS assistant removed bandage this am and said it looks closed so is this pic ok?

Attachments

• 20181113_112000.jpg
    20181113_112000.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 142
Meant to tag @Jamie lol for the scar shield test. This knee looks better than the first knee done :heehee:

Boy, not much more external healing needs to go on there. Frankly, I don't see much value in trying to use the Scar Shield. It does its best work early in the healing process so I'm doubting there would be much improvement for you. Your incision looks great.

@Jamie aww ok. My first tkr incision didn't look like this at the 4 week mark and it still doesn't look as good as the 2nd one. Do you want me to mail it back so someone else can try it? I haven't opened the bottle at all.

No, don't worry about returning the product. I don't want you to have that expense. Just take out the Scar Shield Fact Sheet and read how many other things it's useful for. It's good on any scrape or cut, rashes, bug bites and I even used it on poison ivy once. It's just an all-round great product for your first aid kit.

If you do decide to use it on a cut, bite or abrasion, I'd love to hear how you think it works.

I bought this Scar Shield about 2 months ago. I have used it a few times. I'm a natural cluz and have lots of cuts and scratches to prove it. The worst skin tear I got was when I had catnip on my hand and one of my cats latched on to it and proceeded to bite and tear me pretty badly. I immediately washed it then put on the Scar Shield before bandaging it. I changed out the bandage and reapplied the Scar Shield twice after that. I was amazed at how quickly it healed and I have no scar at all! It is to be used on an opened wound for the best healing results!

Last edited:
Was measured at pt today. 110/-5. 4 weeks out I'll take it. Considering I feel like there is a constant vise around my right leg from thigh to halfway down my calf its surprising. Pt mentioned it band is really tight along with quads..goody. That's all she works on trying to get me some relief. Haven't slept more than 3-4 hours a night for weeks and just can't sleep during the day. I've hit the wall and am getting those lovely blues now. Seems like trivial stuff just sets me off. Oh and i am getting a toothacge now...why not lol. Left knee is tired of being the workhorse so it's also tight. See OS on 11/26. May talk about getting a muscle relaxer. Or a mallett...whichever might work :heehee:

Ok rant over...well for now until somebody irritates me which will probably be soon:rotfl:

Back
Top Bottom