Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Thanks for the encouraging words Megan! My daughter and I sat with Dave all afternoon and evening but he was asleep. When we took our mandatory break between 6 & 8 pm, we walked past Rice University (no running, just 3 miles of walking) into a little trendy area of town called the Rice Village. We got some dinner then we chickened out for the 3 mile walk back to the hospital in the dark and we flagged down a taxi. Dave would have been much happier with that scenario anyway! Home for the night now! Sweet dreams everyone! xo
 
I'm with Dave, take a taxi. Glad to hear you are out and about, and safely at home for some rest.
 
Bet that walking during your 'break' helps clear your head a bit, too. Great idea ..and no one should eat hospital food all the time! :biggrin:
 
Saying prayers for your husband, you, and your family! Your attitude is amazing! I hope that I continue to read about your husband's progress as well as your own.
 
Thank you so much everyone...I appreciate you all so much! Another long day of sitting, watching, waiting but with a little good news...

The pulmonary doctor was in and did a test of Dave's airway and today for the first time it did what they wanted it to do and heard what they wanted to hear!! There are new orders now, for a trial for removing the ventilator tomorrow (Monday) if all goes well between now and about 7:00 a.m. Monday morning. This has been the most encouraging move forward yet and Lacy and I got to be there for it! I will get down there as soon as the traffic allows in the morning and I'll let you know the latest update!
 
Bonnie,

So glad to hear the good news, it is a big step to Dave's recovery. Still keeping the prayers and thoughts coming your way for all of you.
 
So sorry to hear about your husband. I just thought I would come by and see how you are doing. I hope you are taking care of yourself because its very important for you to do that. Keep us posted. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:flowerysmile:
 
Hi Bonnie, It's the beginning of a new week so I'm sending all my postive energy in your direction. I so hope for you to receive additional good news in reference to your husbands recovery. A good week to you BoneSmart friend....



I use the larger font because I need glasses too!
 
Bonnie. Just catching up on others posts and sorry to learn of your husband's condition. As others have told you, taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do for him. Hang in there.
 
Hi Bonnie, That sounds positive - great news to read xxx

Well, a lot of positive excitement yesterday only to be let down today. I was so hopeful for today, I was up and at it early, getting ready to hurry into the town the 35 mile drive here and hoping that Dave would be awake and I could talk to him today. Only to learn that the test that they did on him showed that he was not ready to breath on his own off the ventilator.

I was so sad, I am having a sad day just sitting here in his hospital room. The pulmonary doctor did come by and talk to to me and said he will try one more time tomorrow, they are going to actually wait for me to make it into the hospital so he can see a familiar calming face to help with his breathing. If it fails then it is tracheotomy day tomorrow.

It is hard for me to talk to people without starting to cry. Most of the time I send out text message updates or E-mails. Today when i drove into town, I called my Mom. She is 88 years young and loves for me to call her but it is hard for me because I cry. I think I needed a good cry today.

So tomorrow, up early again, fight the rush hour into town and we try one more time.

Take care everyone!
 
Bonnie - what a hard time for you. Have a good cry -you have every good reason -and then know that all of us out here in BS land are thinking of you and hoping for good news.
 
Bonnie,
I will pray extra hard for you tonight and tomorrow morning...
xoxo,
Linda
 
Bonnie, so sorry that things didn't go as planned today. I will keep my fingers crossed that things are better tomorrow. Take care and get some rest.
 
Dear Bonnie.....I'm sending you my very best Kansas (((((HUG))))). Bless your heart, you're; just worn to a nub!!! Cry if it helps. It's okay. Know that we are all with you in spirit. I'm praying tomorrow will go okay for you.
 
Sometimes it is best to just let it all out... Here is to abetter day today Bonnie... More hugs...
 
Dear Bonnie,

Sorry things are so rough right now. Hugs from Israel...(and I agree that having a good cry can be a good thing)
 
Back
Top Bottom