Hello BoneSmarties...do you remember me? I am not sure what drew me here tonight...maybe that is is Sonja Brekke England's birthday today. I posted a Happy Birthday to her in Heaven on her Facebook page.
After my 25th marathon in October 2017, I've done two more 1/2 marathons here in Houston and lots of training miles. My OS says that my knee is as strong as ever. In september 2018 I tore my meniscus in my real knee that after just healing from surgery on my arm for Melanoma - I am ok now - no cancer and my real knee is cooperating again. I did have Synvisc injections after the meniscus tear that they helped tremendously.
I still coach my walking group, I still work in Run Speciality. I lost my of my beloved dogs to cancer in January 2018 and I now have a new big puppy Emma - a Border Collie who soon will be 10 months old. Gracie the wiener dog is the boss. Two granddaughters now and a grandson on the way in 8 weeks, he will be my son's first.
Life is going pretty well and I hope that all is well for my old friends too.
After my 25th marathon in October 2017, I've done two more 1/2 marathons here in Houston and lots of training miles. My OS says that my knee is as strong as ever. In september 2018 I tore my meniscus in my real knee that after just healing from surgery on my arm for Melanoma - I am ok now - no cancer and my real knee is cooperating again. I did have Synvisc injections after the meniscus tear that they helped tremendously.
I still coach my walking group, I still work in Run Speciality. I lost my of my beloved dogs to cancer in January 2018 and I now have a new big puppy Emma - a Border Collie who soon will be 10 months old. Gracie the wiener dog is the boss. Two granddaughters now and a grandson on the way in 8 weeks, he will be my son's first.
Life is going pretty well and I hope that all is well for my old friends too.
United States
So awesome to hear you are running again. I've been hearing about press fit knees lately instead of cemented ones. I may have a new knee in my future but for now it's doing well.