Lounge Doctor
ConforMIS

Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

alexthecat

SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Country
United States United States
Good luck on the 19th, Bonnie!

I often think of Sonja. She was a very special person. The New Year's party always reminds me of Poppet too. She sure did love to party.

OP
OP
RunA42K

RunA42K

post-grad
Country
@Jamie I woke up today to 3 emails about the clinical trial. No news yet, just that they received my information and I’d be getting a call. I will so sure left you know what I find out when the time comes.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Bonnie, It's good to hear from you again.

I still think of Sonja a lot, and I miss her tenacity and friendliness.
I miss Poppet, too, another of our staff members who contributed greatly.

OP
OP
RunA42K

RunA42K

post-grad
Country
Hi @Celle so nice to hear from you again, I always enjoyed talking to you. I thought of you when I saw the news today of the fire in New Zealand. I hope all is well with you and years.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Bonnie, they have the worst bush fires ever in Australia but, fortunately, we don't have them here in NZ.
Our climate and vegetation are very different from Australia's.

We are ll fine. I'm going away today, to spend a week in a motor camp, wit h our second son and his family. The younger family will be in tents, but my husband and I have rented a cabin, with its own bathroom and proper beds.

Cementless

senior
Country
I woke up today to 3 emails about the clinical trial. No news yet, just that they received my information and I’d be getting a call. I will so sure left you know what I find out when the time comes.
@RunA42K, I looked into that clinical trail and when they told me it involved injecting Capsaicin (chili peppers) into the knee, I thought twice about it! Let me know if you get in and if it works. I might reconsider it for my other knee.

OP
OP
RunA42K

RunA42K

post-grad
Country
@Cementless They called me and left a message but I never had time to call them back...much to busy at work the past couple of days. Chili peppers?!?!?!?!?

Pumpkln

Country
I would ask them what the rationale is for injecting Capsaicin. It is my understanding that it inhibits the molecules that may be responsible for stimulating pain receptors.
Don't be alarmed about "chili peppers", hyaluronic acid came from rooster combs.

Mrty2019

Country
Hi Bonnie - I have a nickel allergy and have spent the last few days reading your entire account. You are a stronger woman than I am. I had my TKR in August. I recall on the paperwork the OS required prior to surgery that I noted my nickel allergy. I can’t recall if it was a specific question about nickle allergy or simply a general question about allergies like latex etc. The morning of surgery, my OS asked me to confirm my nickel allergy and said they would use a joint that did not contain nickel.

I have never had a blood test as you did to confirm this allergy. I just know that when I have tried to wear inexpensive costume jewelry, my skin gets a rash, itching, swelling, and sometimes bleeding. I was told this was due to nickel and avoid it.

I feel like I may have dodged a bullet with everything you have gone thru. I think that should be a standard question by OS regarding nickel allergies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RunA42K

RunA42K

post-grad
Country
feel like I may have dodged a bullet with everything you have gone thru. I think that should be a standard question by OS regarding nickel allergies.
Isn’t that the truth @Mrty2019 - It should be a standard question but I was never asked that question and the words metaL allergy was something that never would have entered my mind. That fact that it is not covered by insurance is ridiculous because insurance companies don’t cover the test for $600 but they paid for me to have one TKR and two Total Revisions!

When I met my 5th doctor Dr. Goytia - metal allergy was the first question he asked me. You are very lucky that your doctor listened to you and they got it right the first time!

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
n9uib1967
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom