Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, ty @copsham I am a very lucky chap. I will check out the tai chi thingmabob as to be honest I'm sooooooo bored as well. Apart from household chores and a wee bitty of writing that's it. On a Hector note do you see the Clangers are back............

Legin THR Sep 14
 
That's really cool actually I have sleeves things I had to wear them when working in a unit of violent young people as you couldn't wear ordinary sleeves, thing is I was never attacked, well cept time three of them sat on me trying to tickle me. Oooooops @SuperSnapper

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh Legin you do make me laugh the image of you being sat on and tickled! x
 
Inactivity is the hardest part of recovery. I hope you find something to help when you go to the PT Legin. I tried to do a bit of weeding yesterday, I think I pulled 4 weeds, and gave up, I started to ache.
Its a good idea to see if there is a quiet time at the pool, but with summer holidays aproaching I guess it would have to be quite early in the morning to get there before all the kids.
A little story to make you laugh:-
My youngest had severe excema when she was born and it continues even now, although more controlled. When she was 10 a nasty girl at school kept teasing her about it. I found out three weeks after the event that one day, my daughter lost her temper with the girl, got her up against a wall and started to thump her quite hard. The funny thing is, I worked in the school at the time, and knew nothing of this until someone let it slip. It turns out her teacher decided the other girl got what she had coming to her, so no action was taken against my daughter, apart from a little talking to explaining this was probably not the best way to solve a problem with another student. We still laugh about it now, my youngest is the most mild mannered girl you could find.
But it doesn't matter what our age, its upsetting when people can't accept you for what you are. I have a small patch of psoriasis on my leg, but I read one of your posts where you advised to get out in the sun. I've been doing that each day, half hour in the sun with my legs exposed and it seems to be working where all the different creams in the world don't seem to help. Maybe I'll soon be able to wear a skirt and not worry about the state of my leg. I usually just wear trousers so its hidden away.
Perhaps best you don't start wearing skirts though!:heehee:
 
Chortle @Liznwiz I have worn a kilt a few times does that count. A few years ago I had ultraviolet treatment, n.b. it was at hospital not a sunbed place, anyway my skin cleared up a treat. Unfortunately it only lasted a.few months and.my Dr had refused to gibe me a perscription for the Bahalmas, on the NHS. I asked her when a student was sitting in the Dr turned to the student and said see what I mean. Sheeeeeeeesh

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Liznwiz

He a Scot he could wear a kilt x plus David Beckham wore a sarong. :heehee:

On a more serious note exactly the same happened with my youngest granddaughter at school. I didn't believe it when she said she'd thumped someone x

Returning to @Legin psoriasis my brother has it but it's affected his joints. The treatment is not pleasant. However, he does say sunshine is the best thing for both skin and joints xxx strangely when my granddaughter goes to the seaside her skin clears up beautifully.

@Legin you're sounding quite chirpy this morning did you sleep well x
 
Didn't think about kilts, but they don't really count as a skirt, do they?
The sea seems to help with skin complaints, are you near the sea @Legin? I'm about 5 minutes from the sea, but the Thames estuary is not the nicest place to swim at all, sooner be in the Bahamas. We should get up a petition this is vital to your recovery Legin.
 
Sadly nope v little sleep. Just plain old me

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Chortle not sure if change.org would let me do petition. Water is the best I used to walk thigh deep in the sea regularly when recovering from snapping achilies. Problem is now other hip is v much shouting so cold isn't good and #CRPS cold is v painful

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ah sorry to hear that. Maybe sleep will come tonight x have you got anyone that could take you out for a drive somewhere? Sometimes just a change of scenery and routine helps. You must be almost crawling the walls by now XX
 
Now I forgot what I was going to say!! I had thought of those SPF long sleeved shirts that lots wear here-- the summer sun is a real menace to skin health. Probly find it in a nice plaid and put your kilt over, call it your bathing costume!
I also thought of those little tabletop "arm bicycles" that I see in old folks' supply catalogs. If your shoulders don't mind, you can work up quite a lather!
Sorry the sleeping is regressing :(


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
So sorry to hear about your other hip. You have been through so much. I hate it for you.

I tell you I hate each year lol. I don't like getting old. Makes me ache thinking of it.

Just question I remember ya said that ya feet or toes was bad. Are ya still having them issues? And is there solution for it?

Also is ya thinking of another hip cause of the pain etc? I don't know anything about the problems that ya facing. But hope your alright. Xxx

I'm praying for you...


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Chortle @zauberflöte see I bring all down to my level, the level of Doh.
Had a big flare up after dog used by foot as a launch pad. But I am getting better at controlling the pain, breathing and taking my mind to a place where I forgot pain was there. I visualise I'm on top of my hill and slowly rotate seeing for miles away. So if I look south, there's the loch, there's the sleeping giant, there's Forth Rd bridge, my Edinburgh looks so grand. I find its almost like as I go to places I go further from the pain. The bigger the pain the more precise my jaunts. So I was under Edinburgh in Kings Close tunnels, almost wee lanes but under the road and land bridge above. #CRPS

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Loops hiya Angel aye foot issues persist. Its just one of those things.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin Hi late nighter! I stand on the banks of the Columbia River and to the North i can see the half of Mt Saint Helen's that erupted in 1980. To the east is the mighty East Columbie Gorge. To the West is the Pacific coast and to the South is California. It's nice to visualize different parts of the world. Thank You and get better!
 
No thank you @Michegon it is amazing the detail we can see in our minds eye. For me it was an easy exercise as I have always tried to visualise what places were like throughout history. So looking thru the eyes of those before me.

Legin THR Sep 14
 


But I am getting better at controlling the pain, breathing and taking my mind to a place where I forgot pain was there. I visualise I'm on top of my hill and slowly rotate seeing for miles away. So if I look south, there's the loch, there's the sleeping giant, there's Forth Rd bridge, my Edinburgh looks so grand. I find its almost like as I go to places I go further from the pain. The bigger the pain the more precise my jaunts. So I was under Edinburgh in Kings Close tunnels, almost wee lanes but under the road and land bridge above. #CRPS

Legin THR Sep 14


Wow you are getting skilful at yet something else. Sounds really positive. Isn't the mind wonderful? Or should I say your mind! I have not used visualisation for pain but for anxiety. I think that why I love being up a hill or a mountain as it definitely feeds the soul.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom