Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Now:bignono: @Legin no negativity, you need positive thoughts. Next time you won't feel sick because you will know what to expect, you are training your brain to accept you have two good legs, that really has to be a positive thing.
You managed 12 seconds, tomorrow try and do 15 seconds, build it up slowly.

Remember the mantra, slow and steady wins the race. Good luck though, I do hope this is the start of great things for you and your foot.
 
@Legin wow these people really know how to give the processing centers a workout! Did she seem surprised that you felt sick? My immediate thought was, wow, this would mess with my vestibular migraine stuff! But practise makes perfect, and you are a quick study!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
No but she did sit back apparently people have thrown up. So onwards with the fooling of the brain. Now you would think having only one braincell it would be easy but Harold is very stubborn. Foot v sore tonight hmmmm foot fights back. One last thing she did say at the end that I hardly ever look at my foot even when talking about it. Normally if we talk about a part of us there is some recognition, touching or looking. Seems I have disowned my foot.
Flippant note, is that what happened to my hair.....

Legin THR Sep 14
 
This is more than physical therapy! This is like cognitive therapy if there is such a thing. You have already re-trained your brain on balance stuff, so your brain is already nimble, Harrold the contortionist!
I'm going to pay attention next visit to the dentist- see if I look at my teeth when I talk about them...


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
All very fascinating with the mirror and disowning foot etc I really hope something good comes out of all of this. To me it is all amazing, clever stuff. My school motto was "forward together" so add this to "onwards and upwards" x
 
I know seriously when I felt sick it was now where is this coming from. It is similar to what i did with start of balance problem. I taught my self to touch things as I walked to be able to say to brain its not spinning its solid and unmoving. Harold, my one brain cell, does have his moments.
Big challenge day today. I have a 40 min walk then 45min bus ride then another 40min walk, to Job Centre. A meeting to discuss benefits and see what I am doing re work. Then same to get back home. I am getting bus an hour early as last time.I had to.get off bus early due to dizzyiness. But hey guess what I'm going to be out and about on my own whooooopeee.


Legin THR Sep 14
 
Zaubes you are a turn you make me.chortle ty. Yup it's heavily based in cognitive. Strange when things and process I have used on many young people suddenly its.me that's doing it. Good way to find out if it works.....

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Good luck with today, hope you see someone sensible. What an ordeal that journey. Hope the sunshines (but not too much)
 
Will be fine.
The wheels on the bus go round and round. Ooooops.preview.of ma song to sing on bus

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I hope you've managed your epic outing today. I don't think I could do one leg of your walk, let alone 4 of them. I bet you'll sleep well tonight!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey @Legin I hope your doing alright. Have been on some. Just catching up on the threads.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Ty alllll. Phew what a day. Getting there was something of a marathon with walks taking longer. At start I decided to block out how long it used to take.and take a lot of stops.
The meeting was v positive tho its main goal was to teach me how to use internet to find work I am capable of............
I did find that I can volunteer so have already fired of to Citizens Advice Bureau, to see if they have slots as there is a lot of training involved.
I really felt good one at being out and about and knowing that I can do something and not effect my benefit situation. Did have a doh thought. I had taken as read when told you weren't allowed to volunteer, should have checked with the people involved, doh.
Even rain didn't bother me, well never does as I'm sure it good for the hair......

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I hope your internet job searching is fruitful!
How is your mirror exercise going? You know, it just occurred to me, that could either mess with or integrate your left/right brain hemisphere. I am fascinated by the science behind that exercise, not that I actually know any science. But apparently, musicians are supposed to have better integrated hemispheres than the population at large.
Glad you can volunteer and still keep benefits safe-- whatever you choose there, you will be a big hit! I have a psychologist friend who is disabled but can't get disability (long story), so uses a free health clinic. A dr there recently told her that she needed therapy, SO not the case, but like a good patient she made the appt and saw a gifted counsellor. This counsellor saw what my friend had to offer, and begged her to volunteer at the clinic as a therapist herself! There could indeed be a way for you to help people in that field where you have such expertise!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Chortle see brain hemisphere well. OK when you first start to write well forming letters I was right handed. Then I fell and badly damaged right arm. Bossy teacher put pencil in my left hand with the comand WRITE. So write with left hand but use both hands all the time. Great for racket games.etc. But I am naturally left footed. See crazy mixed up kid me.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
oops only got mirror sorted today. I did as commanded and got all relaxed, using tia chi, thanks coppers for hint. OK sat did more breathing, phone went. Telesales callllll. Did more breathing and started pressed start button on timer app and lasted 8 seconds this time. Going to try again in evening. -looks in.mirror and sees.F on forehead

Legin THR Sep 14
 
There is no F on your forehead it should be an A for the effort. Or a T for trying. I love your positive can do attitude. Glad you're going to have another go later. Will look out for posts. Take care pal x
 
So pleased you managed your journey and got back again with no mishaps. Hope the volunteering comes off, I think you will be great at Citizens Advice.
Keep trying with the mirror, it will get better eventually I'm sure.
 
For pete sake @Legin you are as bad as any adult beginner flute student I've ever had! :lol: You feel, being an adult beginner at mirror staring, that you ought to be able to nail this the first time-- admit it :) All my adult students get really frustrated when things don't immediately sound great. The young kids? They couldn't care less. There's a moral in there, and it has to do with the A you ought to be seeing on the forehead of the little kid you know is in there :) :) :)
Re hemispheres. When I turned 50, I decided to use the next quarter century becoming left handed, to aim for writing my signature with a flourish, left handed, on my 75th. Doing well, but haven't approached writing yet. When I was a kid, i wrote backwards (parlor trick) better with my left hand. Pretty sure I can only do backwards upside down with only left, too. No wonder I'm a musician! Brain mis-wired anyway!



My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Soo chortling. I do know it takes time guess my biggest critic is well you know who. It took me months to acclimatize and rewire the dizzy episodes and yup many times I gave myself F. But I'm stubborn and Fs became fantastic. Its my way.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin I know you will not like me saying it but you are amazing - now don't brush that aside! Thinking of volunteering at Citizen's Advice what a good idea but only you could do it when in the throes of CRPS. As a left handed person, I can't imagine what damage was done to Harry (or was it henry!) when forced to be right handed, maybe all your bumps and bruises and worse originate from there. Have a good weekend and rest, you might be knocked out from that epic journey x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom