Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh poor foot! Your visualization thing sounds like a great practise! If I were to do it I'd first need to figure out how not to let the mind wander.
I used to get horrific monthly cramps, before there was anything better than aspirin, and also when all doctors (who were mostly male, weren't they!) firmly agreed it was all in your head. I wish somebody had given me visualization back then!
 
If this is what gets you through the pain Legin but can you visualise the Hibs lifting the Scottish cup soon my clock is ticking lol :wink:
 
I actually went to one of my visualisation places last week. The sound of the sea breaking on the rocks and the feeling of the sand between my toes and the cool water on my feet. Yes visualisation works for me but the real thing was so much better. I must have looked an odd sight on the beach using two crutches, a knee brace and wrist supports but I did it! The pain diminished as happy thoughts went through my mind, I felt great relief. If only it lasted. I am back to visualisation now but will make the huge effort again to return.

@Legin, I think it is something about water that has this effect. It is always there in my visualisations. One day you will reach your thinking stone again my pal, you have the determination to do it.
 
Thanks @busylizzie yup i landed on properties of visualisation eons ago, well 1980s. I had been called into school as major problem and a young person had a full teapot turned over on him. I realised not only his pain but his panic. Just by chance/intuition I talked him to his favourite place a set of caves and as we walked/talked each step also synchronized breathing. Have been doing a touch of that ma self today. Good old #CRPS is sticking burning hot needles in toes today, well that's how it feels. Problem is I can predict when a zapp will strike.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin

I'm sorry to read about your toes. Burning hot needles quite literally sounds like torture...ouch! Those zaps are nasty things at times and to have those with CRPS must be awful xx

Please take care pal

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
@Legin ouch! Hope your special PT can help out with the nettles in your toes!
Ha. I had to talk my son down from a panic attack yesterday, but his preferred method is damm the torpedoes, full speed ahead! So I had to work with that, and was very pleasantly surprised to find that he worked his own way through the administrative mess up with inly one suggestion from me! Your method is brilliant, wish I could do that!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
I can see how this broken foot, metatarsal thing could be missed, amidst all of the other things happening in a car crash! You have had an eventful life so far!
 
Believe me that is but just a statistic, my daughter asked once, dad how many times have you been knocked out? After some thought, use of fingers, then toes, 13 not including car accident. Poor Harold.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Wow as I said - eventful - but that is an understatement x
 
Careless? .... just a little!!

There were apparently northern lights last night ... did you see them? They came this far south apparently. Tonight they may be up your way but not down here so if you are awake later I hope it is not cloudy.

What happens now with your second hip to be done? Does it wait until everything else is settled down?
 
Hi there. Just reading up on your posts. Sorry I've been awol trying to get stuff done before school ends Friday. Just curious why cut nails yourself ? Don't you have a nail salon manicurist on every corner like they do here in NY. Manicures & PEDICURE $17 on Thursdays. I couldn't bend my hip side to reach my tootsies. Plus love the massages
Is that doable for you out there ?
I bring all my own stuff the idea of using anything from someone's feet on my hands just grosses me out
Feel good pal
❤️❤️❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@copsham I did look for the lights but at midnight nought was there. I count myself lucky to have seen them a few times. All times I have been that rare thing, speechless.
@susanne errrr no we have one supermarket two smaller food shops 3 estate agents 6 hairdressers and that is about it, real conurbation here.
Off for specialised PT, they deal with CRPS and a weird appointment that came out of the blue, well I wasn't expecting it from the main hospital to assess pre surgery. Surgery isn't detonate as far as I know......
The NHS and its workings do bring on the odd shake of the head.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin so appreciate your insights and strength as you deal with so many issues and dare I say medical field professionals as you and they try to figure out solutions for you. Hugs, thoughts, and no mishaps for today!
 
@Legin read your post two up from this-- "surgery isn't detonate"!!!! With you around, we wouldn't be so confident something wouldn't detonate!!
Hope speshull PT is going well!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
oops detonate be right I was sent to that clinic by as he put it an administrative error................
OK #CRPS This was a PT session tho no physical exercises today all was on perception and the brains well mine perception of foot. I drew another pic of foot two big toes rest v v v small and hardly any heel. My brain is ignoring the numb areas and emphasising big time the pain areas.
She put a mirror between my legs so good leg was mirrored I had two good legs. I felt literally sick and lasted 12 seconds. My brain was battling between its major perception and what I was looking at. I have to do this every day at home and keep a diary. Oh do my breathing to be as relaxed as poss before I do it. Hmmmmm relaxed about going to feel sick ....... Happy days. Actually they are I'm striding well weeee steps to where not sure but be an adventure

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Legin sounds amazing what you are doing. Lets hope your rewards come sooner rather than later. Sounds like an adventure as you said but we did not actually choose to go on these adventures!

It does show the power of the brain. i was surprised yesterday when despite my broken foot I was emphasising everything to do with my hip - all so important and my broken foot seemed like a bit of an appendage. My hip immediately v painful but foot which I was told would be v painful is not (coz the pain has been ignored?)

Oh well no Northern lights expected tonight!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom