THR Nanny’s recovery

That thought keeps me from stressing over needing the second one done. I have been a turtle this go round- slow and steady. Next time we will have a good hip to help!
 
Really sorry to hear you're going to have to go through surgery again. At least you have all the stuff, right? You're getting twice the value for you money on the grabber, ice packs, and raised toilet seat.

Even though the second surgery isn't for a while yet, I hope it goes well!
 
Really sorry to hear you're going to have to go through surgery again. At least you have all the stuff, right? You're getting twice the value for you money on the grabber, ice packs, and raised toilet seat.

Even though the second surgery isn't for a while yet, I hope it goes well!
I thought exactly the same thing :loll:plus I will know what to expect from both surgery and recovery
 
That’s smart to get them done close together. I wish I had them both done at the same time. I heard it’s tough, but I’d be recovered already. Plus I would have saved a lot of money. We have a very large deductible. 2 years in a row is really pricey.

But, I’m glad I have 2 new hips. I can walk again.
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I am sorry you have to have your other hip replaced. That is an all too common scenario here.
Wishing you comfort in regard to both hips. Take care!
@Nannyh70
 
Hi all I’m 10 weeks thr . Just wondering is it normal to still get pain , it’s not bad pain more of an ache and every now and then a sharpe pain in my thigh .im still doing my exercises and lots of walking (with a stick outside ) I’m doing most things by myself now.
 
Sounds like you are doing well, @Nannyh70. I know it seems like a long time, 10 weeks post-op is still early weeks in this recovery and some aching and random pains really is normal. For me, I think it wasn't until the six month mark that I started to "forget" about my hip. You'll get there with time!

:flwrysmile:
 
Sounds like you are doing well, @Nannyh70. I know it seems like a long time, 10 weeks post-op is still early weeks in this recovery and some aching and random pains really is normal. For me, I think it wasn't until the six month mark that I started to "forget" about my hip. You'll get there with time!

:flwrysmile:
thank you guess I’m a little impatient with my recovery :xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon:
 
Sounds like you are doing well, @Nannyh70. I know it seems like a long time, 10 weeks post-op is still early weeks in this recovery and some aching and random pains really is normal. For me, I think it wasn't until the six month mark that I started to "forget" about my hip. You'll get there with time!

:flwrysmile:
thank you guess I’m a little impatient with my recovery :xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon:
Yes, many of us forget to regularly exercise our Patience Muscle :heehee:
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you had a nice Christmas and you're enjoying some progress.
The New Year should be a good one for you. Best Wishes!
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
@Nannyh70
 
Happy new year all. Just over 3 months since right thr . Went away for Christmas and new year managed a four hour flight (didn’t beep when going through scanners lol ) . Walked loads relaxed loads still had slight aches and pains but feel so much better for going away. Still exercising as muscle still sore and stiff but I now feel I’m on the road to recovery hope everyone had a great Christmas and are all well
 
Happy new year to you!!!
May it be smooth sailin.... um... walking!... from here onward. :egypdance:
 
Hi all I’m days away from the 4 month mark of my thr .I have woke up today with what I think is an abscess on my back tooth .I have spent 4 hours on the phone to see an emergency dentist to no avail I have called 111 and I’m waiting for a clinician to call me back . I’m so worried if it is an infection it will travel to my new hip .Has anyone else been in this position ? I can remember my surgeon saying about dental work and infection. I’m so worried. By the way it has become a nightmare to see a dentist here in the uk and it makes no difference if you are private or nhs
 
@Nannyh70 Did you get an appointment yet? If you are not signed up with a dentist locally the only way to see one in an emergency is through 111. Do stress that you have a replaced hip.

Please keep us updated!
 
@Nannyh70 Did you get an appointment yet? If you are not signed up with a dentist locally the only way to see one in an emergency is through 111. Do stress that you have a replaced hip.

Please keep us updated!
Have a dentist which was closed today .111 gave me a number for an out of hours dentist I spent 2 hours on the phone to the dentist I was 7th in the queue got down to 2nd then got cut off , when I called bk I got the message saying they were now closed . I then called 111 back and I’m still waiting for a call from a clinician
 
Doesn't your local dentist have an emergency number?
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom