Hello everyone I had my 6 month check up with my surgeon today he didn’t discharge me like with my last hip replacement . I’m still have lots of thigh pain mainly on the outside sometimes an extremely sharp pain. Walking is fine for the first 5/10 minutes but then intense pain. I’m to carry on pt and my sorting I will benefit from shock therapy and if that fails prb . I had x-rays today which showed both hips are fine . Has anyone on here had shock therapy? It sounds quite daunting
I've just completed a course of shockwave therapy for gluteal tendiopathy. I think I had 4 sessions. It made some difference but the affect isn't immediate & can take weeks. I also did physiotherapy alongside (which is advised for gluteal tendiopathy). I think you can have more sessions if needed but I've decided to have hydrotherapy instead.
I also have an MRI next month, because even though my hip xrays also looked fine, the issue seems to soft tissue damage. So depending on the outcome of the MRI I may adjust my recovery plan.
My physio did also suggest PRP, but it's more expensive than shockwave therapy, so I decided against it. I hope you get some relief, whatever option you choose.