TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nanners Hi Gail - I was just reading some of your posts and laughed because of so many similarities including the name. My name is Nancy and middle name Gail and some old friends call me Nanners. I have fibro and while I don't have Crohns I do have lymphocytic colitis...all the joys of Crohns but thankfully does not damage the colon. I have one more fake knee than you, haha! One last summer and one 6 yrs ago. Congrats on your one year anniversary - I hope it continues to get better and better. :) Nancy
 
Gail, so happy to hear from you again! Congratulations on your one year anniversary kiddo! I'm so glad things checked out "A" okay! :thumb: It's amazing how time flies isn't it!

Stay well kiddo!
 
If you are getting 5-6 months from the injections, that sounds great. Mine only helped 3-4 months (may I never need them again!) Congrats on the good report from your OS. I suspect we will all always have a bit of stiffness. Perhaps if we look at it cosmically, it is a reminder that man cannot fully replicate what God created - and that's a good thing!:egypdance:
 
Hi Gail, glad to see you're doing well! I had my one year October 1st, can't believe how time flies. I hear you in regards to stiffness, me to! So I guess that's how it is. I have 120 ROM and I'm hoping to get a couple of more degrees squeezed out of it, haha...but you're right about the pain being gone, that's the important thing :)

It was nice to hear from you and take care of that other knee.
Brigitte
 
Hey girl
I am about 15 months out and mine still gets a little
Stiff at times and gets a little warm..... BUT so much
Better than pre- replacement.... Most times I forget
I have a new knee. My new knee is bigger than my other
knee.... Good excuse not to wear shorts !!! Haas. Life is GOOD!
 
HI Nanners
Well news that "we" will probably always be stiff is hard to take but if it's not pain I guess it's okay! Good for you and that's great your cortisone shots last so long!
xoxo
 
Hello Nanners,

You sound similar to me - I'm now 14 mo post TKR. The other leg was holding my attention. Just had injection this week. I'm already doing better - I'd say my other leg needed lubrication. Now I can trust it to go down stairs with just a handrail for balance - not one by one that I've been doing since June. Yeah, hay, hurrah! However, I'm back to noticing the stiffness in the TKR knee. I'd love to know if there's an injection that it could benefit from.

I posted some information on my injection and the ultrasound diagnostics the osteopathic used on my thread. You'd likely find it of interest. I didn't get a cortisone shot this time. I had those before my TKR and they lasted about 3 months. This time its something different that should last 6 months. It's not hydraulic acid - but it's something close to that. Hydraulic fluids are used in trucks, I think. :) LOL I did write it down on my thread.

Good to hear from you.
 
Martha I don't think the shots would really do anything for the new knee. At least that's what the doc led me to believe. I do get some swelling sometimes in the new knee along with the stiffness, but I do hope that it goes away sometime. But like Nightquilter said, its obvious this is not the knee God made for me. Hugs all!
 
Well I did something bad the other day! I accidently kneeled on my new knee! That sh*t hurt like the dickens, won't do that again. It ticked off my knee for a few days and made it a bit stiff. So reminder to self "No kneeling on new knee!" I know some can kneel, but I learned that's not something "my" knee liked at all. Hugs!
 
Ouch!! I did that once too - in the middle of a class I had trouble with the equipment and just automatically went down on my knees to fix it. Well, that "fixed" me! I find it is getting better and I can do it if I am on a rug with another pad (a 2nd rug or quilt). Feel better!! :friends:
 
This was on my bed, and scared my husband to death, cuz I kinda yelled out. Won't do that again.....from what I hear, not all are able to kneel. I was so surprised a kneel on a bed would hurt so. Hugs!
 
Good to hear from you, Gail and happy to hear you are doing okay. Me too. We got there in the end after our marathon. I'll have to post about my check-up which was a couple of weeks ago now.

Hope your other knee continues to be good with the injections.
 
I was told that TKR's really shouldn't be counted on for kneeling, period. So, not a surprise that it hurt, even on your bed especially so soon after your second. That said, I decided I was going to kneel at the communion rail, and I did, but I had to get up before the others.
 
Nanners missed you at the Bonesmart New Years party - hope all is well with you and you have a happy and healthy new year.
 
Oh, so sorry I missed the party too--we were hosting friends for dinner at our neighborhood restaurant and then walked back home to pour champagne and ring in the New Year. Thanks to the blessing of new knees, I was able to slog through the snow both ways without having to stop to catch my breath or deal with arthritic pain. Cheated big time (much champagne, salmon roe, blini, Garrett's caramel corn--a local Chi. treasure--chocolate mint grahams, a friend's microbrews)--but got my exercise slogging through deepening snow in subzero wind chills. Back on the straight and narrow for brunch tomorrow: coffee, smoked fish, cheeses and salads. (And leftover champagne--few carbs there). Hitting the treadmill before bed, and skiing down our alley tomorrow. Hope this New Year brings the chance to concentrate on what you want and have to do first, with your physical limitations a distant second...if they're in the picture at all!
 
Sorry to miss your Bonesmart New Year's party. Didn't know about it, or I'd have checked in. Quiet night here - just back from a long road trip, so the fire and TV were our evening entertainment. Family all gathered in Michigan and we went through Montreal on our way home. The Biodome was a great family hit. I'd been to Notre Dame as a child, but didn't recall the layers upon layers of artistic talents that the cathedral includes. Knees got a workout touring around. Sidewalk cleaning crew put me on the ground - no fun - but I recovered and kept on walking. Used the workout room at the hotel.
 
Here's a collage of pictures I took at Notre Dame.
[Bonesmart.org] Nanners adventure to the other side
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Nanners adventure to the other side
    Notre Dame Montreal1.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 190
Hi Nanners - sorry I missed every one for New Years...I actually was asleep at 9:30 with a lovely coughing, gross cold! But it's 2014 and I wish everyone a wonderful year!
 
Nanners.... I did miss it.. Sorry.. I actually went to bed too early... Hope everyone is having a great new year..... I am doing fine... Most times, I forget I have a new knee.. Cant believe now that its 2014 it will be 2 years in July.... Wowoowowowow....its good to come out of that dark place... Took me. Around. 9 months, but I did... Love my new knee now. Sure would not want that old one back.!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!! Gods blessing to all ...
 
Dear Nanners,

Thank you for remembering me! I didn't realise you were having a party, so I missed it! Just to wish all Bonesmarties a Happy New Year.
My new knee, and my rebuilt tibia is so wonderful now, that I don't even think about it. It never gives me even a twinge, I am a very lucky girl.
Take heart anyone who is waiting for their op, that is by far the worst part, but the results are amazing,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom