Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you've got that exactly right, ladyj. And given enough time, those aches and pains will finally resolve themselves.
 
YES!!! It feels so good when my PT deep tissue massages my calves. I have a big, beautiful jacuzzi tub, but there is no way that I could get in and out of it right now. I can't bend, squat, push, and hoist my big old behind out of the tub. Oh well. :rotfl:
 
Man I feel like I can't win for losing. Woke up every hour last night with a sick stomach and diarrhea. I just want to start feeling better and get working on this knee, but my stomach just will not co-operate. I am thinking it must be the pain meds, but I am only taking 1/2 tab of Dilaudid (= 1mg) at time.

Does anyone know of a pain med other than NSAIDS (can't take) or Tramadol, that might be more gentle on the stomach? This is so frustrating! Any help appreciated!
 
Not sure if anyone suggested this nanners, but can you get a patch of some kind of pain pill? I don't know if they make them, but worth asking about. So sorry you are dealing with this much belly pain.
 
My partner had a TKR two years ago and shifted over to a lidocaine patch for pain as she wasn't tolerating the pain meds. Seemed to work well and believe me, it had been medication hell before that. I'm sorry to hear about your gut problems . I'm over here " slumming" on the recovery side as I have two weeks till my surgery. It's inspiring to see how well you do through all the ups and downs, so thanks! :yay:
 
You rlwintin I have a couple of those, and I was able to use them a few times. I still think unfortunately I need some kind of pain med. But good advice, thanks!
 
Well you all will be proud of me (those that are still reading), I went outside and for a ride with hubby today! First time in over a month. For some wierd reason I was kinda nervous, but I did fine. We even stopped at the grocery store, and I rode one of the sit in carts around the store.

Knee was pretty achey when I got home, but I went and iced and elevated and it eased up in no time. I wanted/needed to see if I could ride in a car okay, since I have my 6 week OS appt this Friday. Now if the gut will chill out, I might be on the road to a more positive recovery. :yay:
 
Gail, that is fantastic news! Good for you! Isn't it awesome to feel somewhat human again? :thumb: Hopefully your tummy will settle down shortly, youVe had quite a go of it! I'm with you enough is enough!

Wishing you well and positive thoughts my friend! :friends:
 
Gail, I bet that helped you feel so much better to get out of the house. It would drive me nuts to have to be home bound for that long.
 
That's excellent, Gail. I well understand you feeling nervous about going out for the first time. It's weird, isn't it? Perhaps you can now try little walks outside the house?

It'll be interesting to see how we both get on with our check-ups at the end of this week.
 
Hello!
I am so sorry youare having problems with pain issues. Has your doctor tried the fentayal sp? patch When I was in rehab, for the first knee, the Rehab doctor liked to make sure that we were out of pain! Well...... not only was I out of pain I was out all together! He had a 75mg fententyal patch on me and they couldn't wake me up!:sleep: My Mom said she came in and I was snoozing away. She was a nurse at that hospital so she started asking questions and she said she told them that the strongest stuff I had ever taken was Loritab 5/500 when I had a tooth abscess. She said she didn't take but one of those, so she went back in the room, took off the patch, and I woke up 18 hours later.:heehee: Then the doc came back after she was gone and put on a 35 mg patch. Lights out again! :rotfl: Some of the best sleep I got in the hospital!
So my point is there is a 25 mg fentynal patch to start with, if you can tolerate that and it doesn't relieve the pain move UP.
I wish the doc had thought of that in reality!:headbang:
 
I do hope the tummy problems get better! The frustration I felt for those weeks of not knowing what was happening was killing me! My new ID doctor said no wonder you ended up with C-Diff. I can't believe you were able to tolerate Doxycyline this long! We usually try to keep patients on it no longer than TWO WEEKS!:shocked:
 
Oh yeah Sonja, I have had experience with Fentanyl in the past....and actually refuse it now. I had to have a liver resection for a growth on my liver, and afterwards they gave me Fentanyl becuz this surgery is very painful. But....its extremely hard to get off of and I went thru HORRIBLE withdrawals. So I have told them never again. My niece was just reminding me that the doc in the rehab wanted to put me on the time released meds where you only take one every 12 hours. I wish I had been more alert and I would have tried those. Oh well, hopefully doc will have some suggestions for me.

And does anyone know why I was so nervous to go out? Is everyone like that? I did enjoy my time out. But knee was a big angry afterwards, but icing and elevating helped. Hugs!
 
Nanners,
Glad to see you are broadening your horizens a bit. I get cabin fever really easy so when I had to stay in the first 2 weeks I was going crazy. After that I made my hubby take me to lunch after all my OP Pt sessions, worked really well, almost wanted to have PT more often just to go to lunch. Makes you feel you are part of the living again, it did so much for my attitude with the whole recovery thing.
 
Well, my Mother intervened after the 35mg and told them to stop the patches. She asked me if my pain was being controlled with the Percocet and something else for breakthrough pain? Can't remember the name any more but I told her it was. She waited a long time for the doctor to come in but she let him know, no more patches, and if he wanted to change pain meds, get in touch with her! :happydance:

My Mom will always be protective of me, and I love her so much! :happydance:
 
Had a bit of a rough day tummywise. Hopefully tomorrow is better as I really want to try to go see my family doc. Hopefully he can help me get me guts feeling better a little quicker, so I can get on to rehabbing this new knee of mine. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
 
I'd rather have that to be honest:) Sonja I know you are one person who can really understand how miserable these tummy issues are. Getting a bit nervous that the Crohns is trying to act up as I am having diarrhea alot (sorry tmi). Not like Cdiff or anything, but enough to use Immodium daily and I usually stay miles away from that. But sure enough next day its back. Tummy is a bit better, but still think I need a new pain med, and something else to quiet the inflammation down in my guts.

Sonja, thanks as always for your support. It means so much to me! Hugs and hoping you are doing okay.
 
Nanners,

You know I will always be here! :happydance:

Lord, tomorrow give her doctors the guidance they need to figure out a way to manage her pain and get the tummy problems under control ! We know that you are the greatest healer of all, so lay your hands on Nanners, the doctors, and everyone who is in her family so that she will find peace and relief from this pain! Lord you said when two or more are in agreement, it shall be! Amen

Nanners,

You are so special to me! You listened to me along with many others wonder why my tummy was so bad and you encouraged me! I pray that tomorrow you will find these docs have exactly :wink: the answer you are looking for because tonight Jesus is already whispering to them! :angel:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom