Nana Moon's Pre op thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nana moon 27 Hi, nana moon, you mentioned dancing,what kind would that be? I do Ballroom and Latin American, and was able to go back after about 3 months, but knee in waiting is so painful it is now proving difficult. My other op will probably be July, so I shall be behind you.
Jackie
 
Hi @Majic I'd love to do that sort of dancing. I'm always in awe of people who ballroom dance. No unfortunately mine is wiggling and jiggling or stepping as best I can In the living room. Always wanted to learn Latin dancing.

My left knee is behaving for once today. Think the better weather is helping. My right one is great it s functioning well. I bent down more than normal today. I hope one day I will get to do a crouch or a stoop. I've rested in between housework today and that seems to be the way forward. I still get energy drain sometimes.
 
Congratulations! June will be here before you know it.
 
Thank you @kneeper. It's playing up tonight, as is my chest, so I'm distracting myself posting on here and playing some online games. Have taken meds. May pop into social room and play a few things in there. All good distractions. My favourite is the limericks and make a sentence from five letters!
 
Hi Ann how are you. You seem very quiet at the moment. Hope things are ok and you soon get your appt for 2nd TKR


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello @robynhood

Pat, I'm pencilled in for June for my LTKR. I've been very busy trying to get some sort of normality back into my life. I'm not on here as often as I used to be. It's not working because my left knee dictates everything. However. I can walk upstairs properly now one foot per stair but still not down. The good weather is helping. I am using my crutch less and less around the house but I have to be careful as she the left knee sometimes gives way and I've nearly gone flying.

However, I'm lying here in bed in pain with that wretched left knee waiting for the meds to kick in. Granddaughters are asleep. They've been an immense help. The eldest helped my make all the beds tonight. So hopefully, clean bedding, pain meds and relaxation I should get some sleep x lovely to hear from you.

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Hope you get that left knee sorted soon Anne xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ann, I love your new avatar, it looks very beautiful, where is it? Thank you for your welcome home message, I had such a lovely time. There was a lot to catch up with after so many years of not seeing my friend, we both got rather emotional, but had a wonderful time together.
I hope you are OK, how did the meeting go with your boss last week?
I think we are both resting and icing, you as you prepare for your next TKR, me as I slowly recover from mine. This one is much slower than the first, but I'm sure I'll get there in the end.
 
Well I have had a letter off the hospital this morning. I have to go for a preoperative assessment on May 14th. It's suddenly made it feel very real.
 
Let's hope so. It needs doing. The weather change today has played havoc with it. It just made me sit up and take notice pal x
 
@Nana moon 27 , excellent news. It means your surgery will almost certainly be in June. Preops only last so long, I think I was told 4 to 6 weeks. :yes!::loveshwr::yay: I am very pleased for you.
 
Great to hear you have the sugary commimg up... New and happy life pain free ahead..: Best wishes. Xx


Angel1978
 
Thank you x it's 4.48 am and I'm lying here with a very achy and uncomfortable left knee. Not for much longer. It'll be gone and I'm determined to get back to normal x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom