Guest viewing is limited

THR Nana has Landed on the Other Side

Hi @NanaMama You're a hoot!
Good luck with the concoctions and potions.
You'll be like a mad scientist in the kitchen.
Let us know which formula does the trick.
 
Sunday 2/25 Post-Op Day 5 - Last day of DH's FML. Tomorrow I fly solo. I'm sure I'll be fine... :thud:
I had another good (8 hr) night's rest on 2 XSTyl and 2 OTC sleep tabs. I decided that today I'd take the Arthritis Strength 8hr Time Release Tylenol. Yesterday was more painful trying to extend the dosage of the XSTyl.

I showered and washed my hair this morning ... that made me feel much better. Do the rest of you use Glad Wrap Press and Seal when showering? it's quite effective. DH says my incision is dry :) :-) (: This morning, I washed the TED hose (before the shower) and declared it Faux-TED day... courtesy of LulaRoe. I did consent to the pressure cuffs...

Binged on Netflix for a while and took a nap. Most of bodily functions seem to be reactivating. I think I'm sad that DH is going back to work... and I'll be alone. I should be happy to be doing so well... (in spite of pain) but instead I'm feeling sad. :cry: OK - enough honesty for one post. Have a nice evening folks. God bless ya'll real good.
 
@NanaMama you won’t be alone, we’ll be here. I’ve made copies of all of your concoctions as I’m sure to be needing them. There are also some recipes on this forum and last week I made and froze some of the prune and raisin purée. I’m not quite sure yet what I’ll do with it, maybe slather it on some all-bran muffins with a MOM chaser, then we’ll get to see how fast I can get that walker moving :heehee:
 
This recovery business is tough stuff. Your descriptions had me smiling, and wincing as I had the stopped up issues and can't imagine being able to drop my meds, so it was miserable.
I just couldn't figure out how massive amounts of water and grapes and chicken broth could turn to stone.
I did take vegetable oil based stool softeners for several weeks.
Things just finally normalized thank goodness.
Hope you have a Good Day and that everything Goes easy for you:curtsey:I felt the same way when I was left alone. That post-op depression and energy drain just can make you feel so vulnerable.
Behave and be careful while alone today.
 
Yes the GladWrap is a good way to keep the incision area dry. Worked well for me too!

Amazing how it sticks to skin and keeps water out. Also easy to remove. Good tip!

I hope you have a great day with measurable improvement noted.

Sincerely, BG
 
Faux TED day :rotfl:
Hope your first day flying solo is going well. It sounds like all is progressing as it should.
Hope your night is peaceful!
@NanaMama
 
Monday 2/26 Post Op Day 6: After my rebellious Sunday, (sans TED hose) - DH helped me struggle into them just before bedtime. This would be the first night I was without any type of pain reliever... an option I may try to avoid, going forward as I woke myself up a few times in the night. Today, I tried the Arthritis Strength 8Hr Time Release again, but may take either another one of those or an XSTyl before bed tonight. The 8hr.TR might provide longer relief, though the 650mg on top of the 2600mg (2 doses for the day) would put me over the 3000mg suggested limit.

I got along OK home alone - A friend stopped over for a visit in the morning and another stopped by later in the afternoon. I was able to fold a load of laundry, straighten the kitchen and let the dog out (and back in) without her running away. I got to try using my cheapo 'grabber' from the Dollar Tree to retrieve a remote control ... not sure I've ever dropped the remote control before. :chinstroke: I was careful to wear a bed jacket with pockets for my cell phone, errant remote, etc. I had more pain than I expected I would... but once again, I remind myself I've 'had surgery' and pain is ok. I've told others it is probably good I have a fair amount of discomfort, because it is very easy for me to overdo, given the opportunity. Today, a pain level of 5 made an easy decision to take a nap :sleep:
 
@NanaMama Glad you're doing well. Love your humor! I didn't get a grabber and discovered I could pick up a lot of things with my toes on the opposite side :heehee: Neccesity is the mother of invention.

Hopefully you'll get the right combination of meds to keep your pain managed. Have a great evening!
 
One week hipversary.
Lots of healing going on.
I know that's when all that relief adrenaline from getting it done ebbed away..and I got weepy and discombobulated.
Lots of different recovery stages...c an honestly say I have never regretted it. Don't want to do OT again, but no regrets:wave:
 
@Mireille - I've done the 'toe tango' a time or two (with my good foot) but find it most effective with cloth (underwear, small towel, etc.) It was no contest with the remote, though now I think I should have tried it with the roller bottle of essential oil that slid around the living room like a hockey puck. When the TED hose are over my toes, it's a non-issue.

@Mojo333 - "Hipversary" - WooHoo! I didn't realize there was a word for it... but I believe in celebrating every achievement (milestones, pooping, etc.) Happy 1 week Hipversary to my Hipster-Sister @Bumblebee too! BTW Bumblebee.... I took off my dressing 'for good' and am letting it 'air'.

@AgilityDog - We sound like kiddos doing our chores. DH put the clothes basket (clean clothes) on the floor and said, 'you can fold these' to which I said, 'not from there I can't.' - He replies, "I thought you could use your grabber...." :censored: Me: "Just put the clothes basket up higher..." :hissy:

@Layla , @AJinNH , @Jaycey , @bruce1984 - Thanks for chiming in with thoughts and comments. I feel like I'm on a very exclusive Facebook site... and everyone on it, is my Friend!

Love,
Nana
 
I've been keeping Facebook post-op logs since my surgery .... While they are a bit different from what I post here (B/S) I thought perhaps this one would bring a smile to some of you. And all of us need a smile or two!

Post Op Day 6: Monday (day 1 flying solo... but let's not muddy the waters with another 'day count'). Dan went to work and left me in the responsible care and paws of Ginger.
[Bonesmart.org] Nana has Landed on the Other Side
She took her role seriously and kept close tabs on me (and my guests)... one she embraced and another she snapped at. She does not have my hospitable nature. I did manage to drop the remote control (which I can't remember ever doing in my life) so played 'grabbsy' with my $1 picker. It was a brutal fight to the finish... but I won. As I go about my day... I can see the makings of a new reality TV show... "Survivor Post Op". They'll drop a group of 'new hippies' on some remote island (by air-ambulance of course) and then the 'games begin'. Challenges may include walker races, crutch wars, grabber contests (the possibilities are endless) and "rewards" may be pain medication... (or maybe a prune bomb)
[Bonesmart.org] Nana has Landed on the Other Side
There will be Alliances and tribal councils where one poor patient will be voted off - because only the strong survive. With all this said, I had a crappy night's rest and considered in the darkness, looking into a mid-range med for pain - you know... stronger than XSTyl but way wimpier than the street drugs they gave me. I'm comfortable this morning with my AS8HrTRTyl so will see what the rest of Day 7 and tonight bring. Yesterday (Day 6) brought visitors (anyone is welcome, but please call ahead) P and N came and made a delicious supper for us and Nurse Dan "survived" his first day back to work. I had an interesting afternoon as (after retrieving the remote) I found the grabber had pushed a combination of buttons on it that left me with Aurora Teagarden audio... a "Phillips TV Settings Menu" on the screen.
[Bonesmart.org] Nana has Landed on the Other Side
Yup... Nana won't last long on the island.... The Tribe Has Spoken. (If you actually read to the end of the drivel, Thank You *again* for praying for me
[Bonesmart.org] Nana has Landed on the Other Side
<3 )
 
Unlike FakeBook we're keeping it real here :heehee:
Anxiety, tears, depression, fear and pain happen. People are open, raw and honest here.
It's people helping people through love, compassion and understanding.
It's sharing in heartache as well as in joy. It's sharing a common bond that WE ALL understand
because we've all been there. We're safe here and I think we all realize that. At least I hope we all do.

I'm thankful for people like you who bring a smile to our faces and make us chuckle on a daily basis.
You're loved @NanaMama I hope your week is great!
 
Back
Top Bottom