LD of Michigan
graduate
Yeah here's yearning for 'normal' on so many levels. We're on tight lock-down here in Michigan...
...
Thanks so much for staying in touch. The good news is better eating (more thoughtful) has helped me loose weight! But lack of exercise has brought out new pains and even the return of a few 'zingers'. The numb areas more localized since last post. Pain is simply from less exercise, nothing structural. I'm going for a walk today to help pull things together. My floor and other exercises must increase as I'm now in a goal setting event per a family member I can connect with goal-wise by our Fitbits.
Funny to see the refined structure of my knee from loosing 12 lbs or so. Skin over knee feels tighter now at 18 weeks post TKR. I am able to lean into my own bed to change bedding with only pain at the scar level. My scar remains dark, even darker. Maybe that will improve once a ray of sun hits the knee.
Next week looking harder at some form of peddler to get legs over all back together. Be well and safe.
...Thanks so much for staying in touch. The good news is better eating (more thoughtful) has helped me loose weight! But lack of exercise has brought out new pains and even the return of a few 'zingers'. The numb areas more localized since last post. Pain is simply from less exercise, nothing structural. I'm going for a walk today to help pull things together. My floor and other exercises must increase as I'm now in a goal setting event per a family member I can connect with goal-wise by our Fitbits.
Funny to see the refined structure of my knee from loosing 12 lbs or so. Skin over knee feels tighter now at 18 weeks post TKR. I am able to lean into my own bed to change bedding with only pain at the scar level. My scar remains dark, even darker. Maybe that will improve once a ray of sun hits the knee.
Next week looking harder at some form of peddler to get legs over all back together. Be well and safe.
Last edited:
United States
and I'm at 6 months post surgery, I have heard they can go on for quite a long time.
!
had to power thru my classes (all converted to online instruction) and the very dark days of COVID-19 where we had very high numbers (SE Michigan) and you measured your time to some extent or another as to how much you went out vs. stayed in etc.
and today going out to rent a bike to cycle a bit about a college campus. I hope everyone is doing well.
I'm a bit concerned that to-the-touch my TKR knee hurts below the implant area on the outer right section. It's a deep pain I notice when I rub or apply lotion. I guess I still have some time to go for that residual pain to go. It's less in the AM. So I'm thinking it is just the long-term healing process. Right?