Revised PKR to TKR My Revision Journey<

@newlybionic Thanks! That's exactly what my surgeon and PT people say and exactly what I'm doing.

Guess I just have too much time on my hands to search the Internet for "problems". Off to watch a movie!!!! While icing and elevating of course :-)
 
@KarriB Thanks. Just bummed I didn't ask before my surgery because I know I at least have nickle sensitivity, I can tell when I wear jewelry with nickel in it. Don't how how severe it has to be to be affected.

Guess there's nothing I can do about it now :-(
 
There is a test, but it usually isn't covered my insurance. We're going to pray all goes well with your recovery. So far you seem to be just where the OS has predicted.
 
Had my 6 week checkup today. Said everything is going fine and was happy with the incision and the swelling - even though I can still feel the internal swelling and still have limited ROM at about 107'. Said the swelling is a lot less than she normally sees at this stage. She said the ROM will come as the internal swelling goes down more.

Was given okay to take a bath, which I would love to do, but I'm afraid of getting in and out of the tub :-(
I just don't know how I would get out of the seated position to stand up and get out.

Also was given the okay to drive but I still don't feel comfortable with that with my limited ROM. My husband was happy to hear that but I'm still going to give it a couple more weeks.

Asked about the nickle allergy and she assured me that the implant used has such a minute amount of nickle - if any at all - that it's nothing for me to worry about.

I've "tentatively" been released to return to work on August 1st. We shall see about that ......
 
Great report! The swelling is going to continue for some time yet. When you want to try getting in and out of the tub practice when you are fully dressed just in case you need some helped. I'm jealous that your return to work is Aug 1st. I have to be back on July 10th. My boss wants me back before that if possible and has offered me extra staff on the days I work.
 
@newlybionic I am fortunate I have a job that isn't pushing me to come back. I'm a flight attendant and as long as they have a butt in every jumpseat for each flight they are fine. Nobody misses me LOL - except the friends I fly with.

My job entails long days on my feet and I'm not pushing it for sure. Being home this long is driving me crazy since I'm used to packing up every week to fly to Asia somewhere. I'm not sure if my husband is sick of me yet I think he's probably ready to see that suitcase packed LOL

I plan on going back to flying and then just play it by ear for when I have my left knee done :-(
 
@newlybionic My doctor gave me this yesterday and said to post it somewhere in my house and look at it often. Eventually everything will fall into place.

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170505_ede3453a1f6856611792fccc79ed6f89.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie is happy to be a part of this plan.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My Revision Journey<
    image.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 238
Hello Flyaway79, So glad to hear you had a good check up! Keep up the great recovery! I feel I have been doing so much better since I quit therapy and did the Bonesmart way! Such a great forum!
 
@ Jennszoo, Charlie does look very content. My Boston did not know what to make of the situation.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@sandi4213 I really do like my surgeon and his PA and staff are awesome! Plus, they have their own onsite PT department and everyone is on the same page with therapy, progression etc. So far I'm. Wet pleased.

This is not the same surgeon who did my first PKR and my microfracture surgery. I searched to find a good one for my revision. Even though I liked the other surgeon, I figured I needed a new point of view.
 
Does anyone else talk to and name their legs?

My RTKR is named Stella and my left,
that needs a TKR is named Bella. Every morning I wake up and give Stella a good massage and some stretches. Throughout the day I give her encouragement and more massages. At bed time I rub her with lotion and tell her how great she did today.

Bella is patiently watching everything knowing that her turn is next.

:angel:
 
7 weeks since my revision surgery and I had a good PT session today.

I've been having big problems with my hamstring tightening up. My PT has been working on it and told me today to sit in a chair and take a tennis ball and place it under my thigh where the tendons are tight. Then I just let my leg hang and I can feel the tendons slowly stretching. It feels really good! I then move it around to different sore spots. I think this is really going to help!
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom