THR My recovery time has begun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound wonderful!! Getting 8 hours of sleep at once must be fantastic and must make you feel so much better! Keep letting us know how you are doing, because you are inspiring those that are still waiting and those of us that are still recovering. Thanks so much, it is great to hear such great stories!
 
10 days post op

Groin pain from the PT is setting in. Took a easy today and took my pain meds.

Developed a rash outside the incision area. The doctor said the incision is closed and looks good. The rash is about a 1/2inch from the incision all the way around and itches like CRAZY!!! Doctor thinks its an allergic reaction from the steri strips. He has me taking Benedryl and applying Cortizone cream. Looks a little better already.

Otherwise everything going well.
 
I was staggered at how much sleep my hubby needed post my surgery :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
 
Hi Diane- did these cramps just begin or have you had them since surgery?
 
Hi ilovefall

Pruritus (an itch or a sensation that makes a person want to scratch) has been reported in 11 percent of tramadol cases with rare occurrences of a rash and urticaria (a kind of skin rash) also. But it could possibly be the the steri strips, it has been reported before and the Benadryl and cortisone cream will settle it down :)

It will clear up in time, the main thing is the incision is closed and healing well :)
 
So inspiring and you sound such a cheerful person. Glad your surgery went well and it sounds like you are doing fantastic.
Take care not to rush things and get your rest. Good luck and soon you will feel like a new person again. :yay:
 
Had my first outing yesterday! I had my nephew's first birthday. I showered, dressed, did my hair and put makeup on!! WOW I looked like "Diane" again! Was able to hang out with everyone for about 1 1/2 hours before I had to take a seat in the recliner w/my ice pack. I was there for total of 3 1/2 hours. Noticed mild additional swelling afterward, but it was worth it being able to be around people again. :egypdance:

Rash is SLOWLY getting better.

I'll post more tomorrow as it will be my 2 week post op!

TTYL
 
[Bonesmart.org] My recovery time has begun...
Glad you had an opportunity to get out and feel "normal" again. I'm even happier that you took it easy and reclined and iced when you needed to---kept the swelling and pain down which did make it worthwhile. [Bonesmart.org] My recovery time has begun... Keep up the good work and keep us posted. We care.
 
Two Week Update!

Strength is returning! Able to do straight leg lift to about 30 degrees!
Walking w/o crutch (with guidance of PT) around house.
Showering and dressing independantly w/o assistance.
Getting in and out of e car w/o assistance.
Starting to drive short distances.
Going on small outings.
Beginning to assist in cooking family meals (my kids want me to go back to cooking instead of dad LOL).
Finally accepted that I needed this hip replacement and starting to embrace it.
Developed a renewed appreciation for my loving husband. He has been my rock and my savior during this.
My BoneSmart friends have helped me throughout all of this!
 
[Bonesmart.org] My recovery time has begun...
Diane, you are just passing one milestone after another----GREAT JOB! And the best is yet to come 'cause it just keeps getting BETTER & BETTER!

Take care and keep up the good work, but take it slow and easy. We care. [Bonesmart.org] My recovery time has begun...
 
Fantastic progress Diane, isn't it great to be able to out and start socializing and feel normal - good for you :)
 
Wow Diane, you are dong amazing! I'm hoping my recovery goes the same as yours!

I have at last been scheduled, 19th of Feb, so only three weeks now. :yay:

Best wishes
Kiwi Diane
 
Lovely two week update, you are doing great. Good to hear you are embracing your new hip and accepting it was necessary. Onwards and upwards :)

Take care

Ann
 
Hi Diane- I am one week out and have had some up and downs. Can't get my stomach straightened out . It seems meds just make me queasy and bowels issues.I am trying to be patient and take everything I can to help. My appetite is just gone and trying to force myself to eat something is hard. PT says I need to slow down and am trying to listen.
Really finding rest is so important. I can't believe how quickly I tire over the least of effort. We are so blessed to have great hubs through this process. I know mine is going crazy but he is fabulous. Best to you
 
Quick question. Has anyone ever experienced Diarrhea around 2 weeks post op??

I'm kind of worried as to why I have it. I'm only taking Tramdol, if needed and Tylenol throughout the day.

Any insight would be appreciated.
 
Aw, sorry to hear that. I had the opposite prob, hopefully someone else will have a useful answer.
 
Is your tramadol in PO form. I took it while in hospital but IV. Would love to try something other than this hydrocodone. Makes me feel so wacky and hurts my stomach. Would like another option. I did not take any meds last night before bed and had a horrific night. Slept off and on but wore out when it was time to get up. Hope to get tummy back in line soon. Hope you get yours in order as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom