THR My recovery time has begun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Fall...you had the same procedure approach that I did and my incision was also closed up with glue. I hope recovery will be as easy for you as it has been for me. I had my first day back at work today and it went great...5 weeks, 5 days post op! Remember to rest, take meds, ice and elevate. Your going to hear that a lot on this side. It works though. Listen to your body...if it hurst, stop. If it's tired, rest. Slow and steady wins the race. I am so glad you have made it over to this side. Keep me posted. Deb :flwrysmile:
 
Wow! You are doing great! You came home really fast! Hope you can get comfortable and are able to get some sleep. Take it easy and don't try to overdo it. Most people are still in the hospital after just one night. You are on the way now to feeling so much better!
 
Amazing! Keep up the pain meds, rest - hope you somebody at home with you to keep you fed and supplied with drinks!
Best wishes
Anne
 
Hi everyone.

Well the tiredness has set in. I've pretty much slept ALL day. PT and the home nurse came today. Im fortunate that my pain has remained at a 2/3.

Walking is a little easier very day. I feel very blessed.
 
Incredible! Welcome to the best side of this forum. Be sure to rest, ice, elevate and medicate whenever you need to. Looking forward to hearing all about your recovery.
 
Diane glad to hear you are able to sleep so well. It's one of the biggest complaints I've seen on this side. Obviously you've got the right pain cocktail, you've found the perfect sleeping position, and your body is doing just what it needs to do to heal! Having all those folks coming through can wear you out as well. Hubby would ask me 'who's coming today?' We were relieved when we had the house to ourselves for the day!

:cheers:
 
Fantastic you are doing very well...

Sleep is your fountain of self-healing energy.

The more you sleep, the more your vital energy will build up for all of your mind-body functions.

Sleep charges your nerve cell “batteries” and fills up your nerve energy “storage tank." It’s like putting “money in the bank.”

When your nerve energy “bank account” is full, you will feel like a million and be enabled to heal as quickly as possible!

Keep your nerve energy strong via sleep and rest, a simple nutrient-rich rawfood diet and a restful healing program and your body will heal with great vigor!

So nap away and healthy diet is required :)
 
Day 4 Post Op
Much better day today. Not as exhausted. Walking good and doing my exercises.
Pain still only a 2/3 at worst.
My family has been helping so much. I'm blessed.
 
[Bonesmart.org] My recovery time has begun...
Ilovefall, you just gotta' be with everything going so well! So you keep up the good work and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] My recovery time has begun...
 
Hiya Diane So glad to find you here on the other side and doing so amazingly well. Just arrived myself but it's taken a week to be up to looking at the forum! I'm going to start a new thread now then all we need is our Kiwi Diane to join us.
Hope you're still enjoying your new hip and your new life

Another Diane (think I'll start calling myself UK Diane)
xxxxxxxxx
 
Hiya Diane So glad to find you here on the other side and doing so amazingly well. Just arrived myself but it's taken a week to be up to looking at the forum! I'm going to start a new thread now then all we need is our Kiwi Diane to join us.
Hope you're still enjoying your new hip and your new life

Another Diane (think I'll start calling myself UK Diane)
xxxxxxxxx


I'm coming. :) Don't know when yet, but better late than never!

Good to see you back lovegardening! Have you travelled back home yet?

ilovefall, sounds like your recovery is off to a good start. I'm pleased you have such great family support.

Cheers
Kiwi Diane
 
Hi Diane and all - know what you mean about tiredness, it's the way it suddenly hits you like a brick on the head! And visitors are lovely, but sometimes it's too much. I had just gone to sleep yesterday afternoon when one son arrived, he checked I was just resting and not ill, returned Dad's borrowed tools and went. Got back to sleep and his older brother phoned! I have to answer the phone after they had a nasty experience a few years ago when I was found unconscious on the floor here, otherwise I would have had the local volunteer Fire Fighters/First Responders breaking the door down!
I did get my nap eventually and felt better for it, but the love and care from my family also helps recovery and I do feel blessed.
Anne xxxx
 
Just wanted to say hi and good luck with your recovery! I'm so scared but I can't wait to be where you are!
 
Hi Teacat.

Thanks for the shout out. Before you know it you will be here too. The worst part was pre surgery. The anticipation was the worst!!!

Best wishes and good luck to you :dancy:
 
Day5 Post Op
Big PT day. WoW! :umm: tired but happy to feel strength coming back. Actually could pick my foot up off the floor while sitting. :happydance:

Naps are still my friend! Blues come and go. But I know they are par for the course.

Pain holding steady. Tylenol my only pain med now but I'm not hesitant to take something stronger if needed.

PT graduated me to walking with one crutch!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom