Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

THR My recovery thread.

SurreyGirl

supremo
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
You are doing very well and the socks and shoes will come - and it is a great feeling when it happens!
Interesting about the cbd oil. I have some pre-op. How does it help post-op?

OP
OP
allena

allena

graduate
Country
United States United States
Thanks.It helps with my knee and shoulder pain.I didn't just have arthritis in my hip after all.It's in most of my joints to some degree.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
It sounds like you had a full weekend, allena.
I'll bet you're loving getting out and about with less pain. I'm sorry you're still suffering with knee and shoulder pain. Pain is draining! Hopefully it's tolerable enough. You're not alone, many of us have arthritis in other joints. Not that knowing that eases your pain....but you're not alone.
I hope you have a nice Tuesday!
@allena

OP
OP
allena

allena

graduate
Country
I did.I am.It's usually not that bad and sometimes doesn't hurt.My shoulder can hit a 6 and my knee a 5,but with my medecine I can get it down to a 2 to a 3-or even none at all if it's not hurting much.at this point in time I am so used to feeling pain that it doesn't even seem worth mentioning it -unless it's pretty bad.Ive said this before,but it's worth repeating.
I am not surprised.arthritis is seldom kind enough to only affect one joint.Pain sucks.

OP
OP
allena

allena

graduate
Country
When does you're fake hip stop feeling fake?or does that ever happen?It's ok if it doesn't,but I would like to know.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Mine feel very normal and not like they are fake.
I think the more it heals, and the tightness goes away with time, the more Natural they will feel.
Hope your Friday is Sweet.
Wish me luck...I have a pile of volunteers with me today and grateful my new hips can get me to the weekend!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:hi: Happy Friday
I don't recall when I realized that my new hip felt like a normal part of my body. It gradually happens as you're healing and doing more and more without restrictions or your THR being in the forefront of your mind. I still think of my prosthetic multiple times daily, but much of the time it's not on my mind like it seemed to be 24/7 in those early months and first year especially.
Have a great weekend, allena! It's forecast that we'll be getting blasted with snow again in my neck of the woods this weekend.
Will it ever end?!! :snow plough:
@allena

OP
OP
allena

allena

graduate
Country
Good luck!Thanks for the information.That sounds right to me.Right now there must still be alot of healing going on.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Pretty pic you lil kidder, you :heehee: Although I've had my fill of snow I must admit.

Stopping by to wish you a Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you have something special planned to celebrate.
Wishing you a good one!
@allena

OP
OP
allena

allena

graduate
Country
Thanks.I am sure you have .Thankfully we get less snow here than where you live.unless you are in the highlands.then it can snow 9 feet(or something like that).That is why i live in the lowlands(2 to 3 feet).
I'm glad you like the picture.I am glad you like my silly sense of humor.
I have no special plans.I'm just enjoying feeling better.I am curious how close to 100 % I'll get ,but only time will tell.If I can even hit 60% that will be so wonderful.

OP
OP
allena

allena

graduate
Country
I have noticed that my left hip pops sometimes.It never did before this year.I hope I am not getting arthritis in it too.It doesn't hurt thank goodness,but that can't be a good sign.

Last edited:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi :hi:
I'm not sure what the popping is, allena.
My non-op hip clicks once in awhile. I know I have some arthritis in it so I assume that's why. I'm not worrying about it until I have to. Life is to short, right? That's the way I'm choosing to look at it. I'll deal with it when / if the time comes. Personally, I'm guessing you'll get better than 60%. Give it time :wink:
Hope your day is sunny and bright! :SUNsmile:
@allena

OP
OP
allena

allena

graduate
Country
I'm guessing it's probably arthritis.True.I have other joints that have popped for years,but don't hurt.Hopefully it won't progress beyond that. I'm not in a hurry.It's cloudy,but maybe tomorrow will be sunny.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Ant
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom