Guest viewing is limited

My pre op story

Status
Not open for further replies.
During my annual physical in March I had my vit D levels checked. I am low! So I started supplements. It is now 3 weeks later and what a difference in my mood! At least I am not crying at the drop of a pin anymore.

I did some Google searches about Vit D and depression. They are linking low levels with low moods.. Glad I started with the supplement.
 
@webbie73 I was put on Vitamin D supplements 3 years ago after my blood test revealed that I had the lowest level ever registered in our County. It has made a huge difference for me. I will be on the supplements for the rest of my life. So glad that you feel better!
 
@southernlass, I had been taking suppliments but had stopped when my levels were back to normal. DUH! now I am back on and will continue. Have to be in tip top shape for my replacement!
 
:dancy:Sounds like it's your time to take care of you. I'm so happy that things are looking up for you! Hope your surgery goes so well and this is all just a distant memory soon for you!
 
I have been doing therapeutic massage for both hips and doing water aerobics. 2 months ago I could barely walk, today I am walking around the house and short distances without the cane. If I did not have the dull ache in my hip that keeps me waking up during the night, I might postpone the surgery.

I see the OS on Tuesday so I hope I get some answers from him about pain control. At orientation class they were very vague on pain control. They only said they no longer use the pump method of pain control. They indicated they use NSAIDs and Celebrex. That did not work for me pre surgery not sure it would work post surgery. :heehee:

Right now I feel like I will be taking a big step back in my mobility, even though I know it will be temporary, it does bother me. Hubby is still under the chemo fog and I worry about leaving him home alone while I am in the hospital. He has 2 weeks, so I hope the chemo gets out of his system by then and total brain function returns.

Now I am off to the pool. Everyone have a good day!
 
I found a way to lessen any fear or anxiety about recovery.....I went back in the archives of Bonesmart and looked up my recovery from my first hip. It was good to read how I could tie my shoes at the 4 week mark. It was good to read how up beat I was. Now that I am moving into my 2 week count down i feel confident this surgery will also go smoothly.
 
The count down can begin!!! Saw the OS surgeon today and all is set for the 28th. I am actually excited that this is finally happening. I know the nerves will set in again but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I have had trouble with the soft tissues in my right hip ever since I had surgery in 2009. Today I discussed it with the OS, seems my right leg is longer than the left!! I said I knew that but thought it was me somehow tilting the pelvis. He said the x-Rays show that is not the story. He will fix that problem during surgery. Yay maybe now after 6 years I will get some resolution with that hip!

T minus 15 days to go.
 
One more hurdle jumped over! LOL what a visual. I will be going to a rehab center
post surgery. The place I really would like has availability in the corner room I would prefer. Yay. I just need to call on the 27th to confirm.
 
Hurdling Hippies, whatever next @webbie73! So good that you can refer to your earlier surgery to remind yourself how it all went and get reassurance from your own mouth. Very clever! I'm so glad you are all set up for the rehab that you need and also hoping your man is recuperated sufficiently now to lessen that worry. Just a few ticks on a few lists and you will ready to run. Thinking of you and wishing you peace, serenity and certainty. xxx
 
During my annual physical in March I had my vit D levels checked. I am low! So I started supplements. It is now 3 weeks later and what a difference in my mood! At least I am not crying at the drop of a pin anymore.

I did some Google searches about Vit D and depression. They are linking low levels with low moods.. Glad I started with the supplement.
I should see if my Vit D level has been checked by anyone!
 
Good luck, Kathy, on your surgery next week. We'll be in the same spot almost at the same time!
 
Hurdling Hippies, whatever next @webbie73! So good that you can refer to your earlier surgery to remind yourself how it all went and get reassurance from your own mouth. Very clever! I'm so glad you are all set up for the rehab that you need and also hoping your man is recuperated sufficiently now to lessen that worry. Just a few ticks on a few lists and you will ready to run. Thinking of you and wishing you peace, serenity and certainty. xxx

Thank you. I think I have most of my errands done and the kitchen stocked for hubby. Over the weekend we will set up my room downstairs for resting during the day. I did this last hip replacement Iand it worked out very well.
 
Good luck, Kathy, on your surgery next week. We'll be in the same spot almost at the same time!
Yes we will !! We will be able to flow each other on the recovery side. Good luck to you on Monday.
 
I am having pain from my right hip, the one I already had replaced. The muscles never really recovered and it has been 6 years. This is also the leg that has the bad knee. I must have aggravated the muscles by favoring my other hip. I tried a therapeutic massage today in hopes that I would get a little relief. At this point Tuesday can't come fast enough.
 
Hang in there! It will be here soon and you'll have all of those lovely pain meds and some much needed rest!

LTHR March 16, 2015
 
That is exactly what I told the girl who does the massage !!
 
I have my report time for Tuesday, 7:45. Yay an early surgery.

Set up my comfy area today. We decided to set up a bed downstairs for resting and in case I have home PT. We did this with my first hip and it worked out very well.

Monday morning I can call the rehab center to see if the room I am requesting is available.

Getting close now!!
 
I will be thinking about you tomorrow! Talk to you on the other side!


Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
 
Webbie73, thoughts and prayers are with you!! Rest well and good luck!!
❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom