TKR My post-op thread

@Dearjr, this is kmann's recovery thread - you have really got to stop derailing other member's recovery threads with your own questions. It's not good netiquette! Post them in your recovery thread which is here Dearjr's new knee

Did you not read my personal message to you a few days ago?
 
Hi Kmann,

I have been reading your thread and sorry to hear you have been getting some swelling from getting back to what sounds like a physically demanding job.

I had a volunteer gig last night that I had to take a bus to and walk a bit. I kept thinking of you and made sure I took breaks and didn't walk around unnecessarily. I had some swelling when I got home and some this morning.

Hope your swelling has subsided and that you have a restful yet fun weekend ahead.
 
@Wanttobebiking thank you for your concern, I go back to work tomorrow, only for 4 hours a day though. I did purchase a compression sleeve for my knee, I've been wearing it for about a week and it really helps.
 
Is the compression sleeve good to get the knee not to swell?
Can u use it at 7 weeks
 
Good luck to you tomorrow! A four hour start on a Friday sounds good. :)

What will your schedule be like next week?
 
Hope you enjoy going back to work. As tigz said, smart to go back on a Friday.
 
Good luck today!! Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all... been busy!!!! Getting along really very well...compression sleeve is a GOD SEND!!!! Without it the knee would swell soooo badly if I was up for any amount of time...can go much longer now with it on. 1st day back was LONG...My husband gets kidney stones alot, and he got a big one 2 weeks ago...they had 2 put a stent a week and half ago, and then go back and laser the stone into pieces and pull them out. Well Murphys law....his surgery was same day as my 1st day back to work!!! Had to be in Columbia at 6am (2 hr drive for us) so up at 3am...got back to house at 12:15...I ran in changed clothes and went to work 1-5...work was kinda busy...needless to say...it was Taco Bell drive through for family dinner...and I was in bed asleep by 7:30!!!! At least I had a 3 day weekend to recover!!!! Feeling more normal everyday....still a long ways to go....but I can do pretty much whatever I want...Hope everyone is well!!
 
When it rains it pours! Are you still part time next week?
 
Yes...next 2 weeks actually...thank goodness! After that might see about only doing 4... 8 hr days for a while too!! We will see how it goes.
 
Well, totally jealous though of tou just being 4 weeks oit and doing so much..ggosh I dont go back to work til12 weeks, and am scared its gonna be tough...went into Walmart today, and now am hurting!! This is a long journey!! Glad its over, but wow, really thought I would be able to do more at this stage!!
@kmann, gosh i get it. maddening how some are 2 weeks out and skipping rope!! lol. i/we should be mountain biking :bicycle1:and surfing :surfer:by now :gaah:
 
@kmann, gosh i get it. maddening how some are 2 weeks out and skipping rope!! lol. i/we should be mountain biking :bicycle1:and surfing :surfer:by now :gaah:
I know! That is what MY brochure showed!!! :umm:Here I am at 4 weeks and excited cause I can ride an electric cart around the grocery store (after adequate pain control and icing of course)!! :whistle:
 
I know! That is what MY brochure showed!!! :umm:Here I am at 4 weeks and excited cause I can ride an electric cart around the grocery store (after adequate pain control and icing of course)!! :whistle:
ROTFLMAO:rotfl::rofsign:i got excited about that cart ride too...well not the cart ride but just the fact that i could GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!
at 4 weeks post op, this is where we thought we were gonna be-:driver:
this is where we actually were:elevate:

..and you got a brochure??!!...
 
This journey is a hard one for sure...but I feel like I am getting close to the crest of the hill :bicycle1:....boy am I ever ready for the down hill coast!!! I feel it coming....but this back to work thing might slow me down a bit!!! :bicycle2:...But I will keep going!!!! It will be worth all the effort in the end!!!:yes!:
 
Hey all... been busy!!!! Getting along really very well...compression sleeve is a GOD SEND!!!! Without it the knee would swell soooo badly if I was up for any amount of time...can go much longer now with it on. ..
@kmann, did u get the sleeve b/c you had obvious/external swelling or as preventative maintenance as you knew you would be back to work soon? where'd you get it from? brand? and so good to hear you're back at it..keep it up!
 
I had alot of swelling!!! PT also told me she thought it would help...I got off Amazon...its a Zensah knee compression sleeve. There are many others on there also.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom