Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR My post op journey has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear about your bike accident... Yes back to 'patience grasshopper' .. Rest, ice... Well you know all that :)
 
My 1 year anniversary came and went nothing remarkable, I have spent 10days biking and walking in Wales and Cornwall. There is a small amout of grumbeling from the right hip muscles as its never in the same place since comming off the bike but getting better all the time. I have noticed that the flexability has increased which is great for getting up and down steep paths but a little more work on the stabitlity and the stamina of the muscles is needed. I still seem to be in a healing stage the scars are still fairly pink and the numbness is going. I have arthritis in my other joints hands, shoulders and knees but the early intervention and getting the hips sorted before I lost the muscle mass or my body changed posture to help compensate for the hips has helped enormously in preventing a more rapid wear of these joints. I use walking poles if i go out hiking and I will take a fold up stick if I travel up to London. I belive its better to use the stick and walk correctly if required than hobble and limp for vanitys sake. Getting off trains in rush hour if you take more than 10ms in London means a rude person my push past you and that tends to send me flying. A stick and attitude gives me the time I need, as sometimes the first few steps after getting up can be a little hobbly. On the whole I am delighted with my progress and the majority of the time is pain free, I am as active as I was 6 months before I had the hips replaced and easily keep up with my friends in fact I normally have to wait for the ones without the bionic bits.
 
Making it to that one year anniversary is a wonderful feeling, isn't it? So happy to hear you are happy with where you are at. The cane can be a wonderful weapon to keep you safe in a crowd.
 
I belive its better to use the stick and walk correctly if required than hobble and limp for vanitys sake.

Absolutely RIGHT!!! Good for you!

It sounds like you're doing just fine and I think you will continue to see changes and improvements in the years to come. It's hard to imagine how long it takes to really come back from all that arthritis does, but it is a significant amount of time.
 
Great report of your 1st year anniversary. I haven't been out hiking yet but stairs are becoming less of a challenge going up and down. If a walking stick is what you feel you need, then that's exactly what you should do and people can be rude so that's a good way to let them know to use a little caution around you.
 
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas XXX, Hip wise Im still seeing improvements.
 
Merry Xmas @puddle fish :) each day a little more improvement, you will get there... I find recovery is a long journey :)

p.s. hope you can drop by the NYE online party in the social room.
 
This was a sponsered Scuba Santa dive that I took part in to raise money for the RNLI. The water was warm for this time of year 9C or 48F same as the air temp.
[Bonesmart.org] My post op journey has started
 
[Bonesmart.org] My post op journey has started
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] My post op journey has started
bottomshollow
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom