THR My new left hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear all of this that happened to you. I'm sending good thoughts your way. Take good care.
 
@HollyB well the whole thing stinks but what you wrote made me feel better. Thank you and may your recovery be complication free.
 
They just fitted me with my abduction brace and are going to discharge me home. I think worse than the pain I'm in right now is the fear that is beating me down I'm afraid to sneeze.
 
Try not to be afraid, I know thats easier said than done, but Im sure the brace means the hips being held firmly in place right now?:what: I dont know how it works but Im guessing? Thinking of you x

Ps, is that your dog in your avatar, he/she is beautiful!!
 
@Kay9 Yes thats my dog Zeus the three legged wonder rescue dog.
 
@yamandy Zeus is absolutely gorgeous.
I am so sorry for what you are going through. I had a friend have a THR, and she also dislocated her hip twice and was put in a brace. She is doing well now after her rough patch.
I can understand the depression. You think you're making strides and then that happens. I'm sending you and your family brilliant white light to calm and heal you all. I think what Holly said is very true. By posting your story, you may have helped many others to not suffer the same fate.
Please take care of yourself, and stay in touch here. We're a great group for support or just to shoulder your struggles.
Lynn
 
Hi yamandy. How are you feeling? I hope you are having a bit of a better day today? You have a long journey ahead of you but you can do this!

Zeus is adorable! Well done for rescuing a dog with "special needs", i did the same.:thumb:

Librarylynn your pug is adorable too:)
 
@LibraryLynn @Kay9 Thank you both I am trying to keep my spirits up i just feel such a lack of confidence in my body now its really weighing on me but you have to roll with the puches so I'm doing my best. All the best to both of you.
 
Hi I'm sorry I havent been on for awhile but things have been scary and crazy and now I'm really frightened. Everything was going along well I had gone back to work and was feeling very strong then 6 weeksmpost op I was finishing my hip exercises in a park near my house and I screwed up bad and did a stretch that took me past 90 degrees and my new hip dislocated. It was so horrible. I was taken to a terrible hospital who did not do the closed reduction for 24 hours. This was probably the worst experience of my life. I went to my is and he prescribed 8 more weeks of pt which I just completed last week and was feeling good again my is said x rays looked great come back in 3 months. Well yesterday I was getting dressed for work went to tie my shoe and it happens again. I can't describe the pain and depression that came upon me. Thankfully I was taken this time to the hospital where my thr was done originally and they put my hip back in in short order. Now my is is going to put me in an abduction brace for six weeks. He says that he now believes that because the other hospital left me dislocated for so long it really shredded the muscles. I am so scared and depressed right now about the brace and the fact that I absolutely have no confidence in my hip anymore. I dont know what to think I have a family to support and a life to live and if I can't even tie my shoes....... I dont know any info on this brace thing and any thoughts on getting a revision to stabilize it would be appreciated. My is says the protocol is to wait to do a revision after the 3rd dislocation but I don't think I can handle one more. Please help with your thoughts. Thank you
@Josephine
 
I got fitted for my brace and was released from the hospital. Its good to be home. I have to wear the brace all the time except when I bathe. I guess thats a good thing because every move I make has me freaked out that I'm going to dislocate again. One day at a time I guess, its really hard though. I want to thank everyone for their kind words and encouragement. Thank you all and I will keep you posted.
 
Six week to first dislocation, ten weeks to second. I think you need to get a second opinion. That pattern sounds suspiciously like a poorly placed cup that needs sorting out and a brace is not going to resolve the situation.
 
@Josephine Thanks thats kind of how i feel. I have no confidence in this brace resolving the issue and its really making me anxious and depressed.
 
My OS says the protocol is to wait to do a revision after the 3rd dislocation
I am not a medical expert but this sounds totally nuts to me. Wait for another dislocation - there should not have been 2 in the first place! :hissy: I hope you can get a second opinion @yamandy You should not have to wait for this. Please keep us updated.
 
@Jaycey Im thinking thats what I have to do is get a second opinion it seems nuts to me that i am just supposed to sit around and wait for what seems like an inevitability.
 
The bad thing is depression is rearing its ugly head.

You have every right to be depressed, Mandy I have just went through a revision and being a man or not I was absolutely stressed when I had to get it replaced.
But here I am and I am very cautious and will probably turn down the chance of physio at the eight week mark and have decided to do some light walking in the pool instead.
I have been on this site for a wee while now and feel there has been a few bonesmarties had problems with overdoing physio and exercise at an early stage.
Big hugs all the way from Scotland and hope you get something sorted fingers crossed Mandy.

Billy
 
A good way to stave off depression is to get busy finding a really good revision surgeon.

I'll tag @Jamie - if you tell her whereabouts you are, she may be able to suggest somebody.
 
@yamandy I'm so very sorry to hear this has happened, sounds very scary and depressing. I'm just curious...what procedure did they use? (Posterior or anterior?) I hope you find an awesome surgeon to make this all right.
 
@forbesy Thanks, hope all goes well with your recovery from revision.I am fighting the depression demons with all I got
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom