Five weeks and two days today, isn't it strange how I obsess on the exact number, that'll probably stop in time. I've been at work and driving this week both without too much of a problem but as @
DrToonz says, you have to overdo It to know that you've overdone it

. I drove to Chester and back on Wednesday and Thursday (about an hours drive each way), both days I was teaching a first aid course (6 hours each day), Wednesday when I got home I could feel that that was enough! I haven't had the courage to kneel on the floor to demonstrate skills yet, I think that would be a bit much just at the minute but give it another couple of weeks and we'll see. Still using a little ice and the occasional paracetamol but mostly off the medication now, I haven't had to use any of my prescription codeine's for a long time ( what a relief, I don't like what it does to me)
Due to see my consultant this afternoon to get the results of the swabs to see if there really was an infection, all the weeping has stopped and there isn't any more pus in the scar that I can see.