THR My New Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey well done @scubysteve....looks like you are doing well...I'm fair chuffed for you ...lol!! And thanks for the heads up about the meditation app... Loved it...cheers Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Mmmmm. So far we've had 'Chuffed', 'Dead Chuffed' and 'fair chuffed'. We aught to start a game with this one and see how many we can get, how about 'Chuffed to Monkey's' as the starter?
 
Oh..........we could also be 'well chuffed' , ' quite chuffed ' or even ' absolutely chuffed'....chuffed as monkeys doesn't immediately spring to mind.....???? Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Very funny....glad your doing well
 
I've been a little nervous today, I'm teaching a first aid class on Friday and I'm hoping that it doesn't tire me out: I'll have to take it easy and pace myself well, that'll take some doing I'm usually quite energetic. On the positive side it's a group who know me well so they'll be sympathetic.
3 week anniversary today, I'm still taking the naproxen and clexane but only occasionally paracetamol. A little tenderness around the wound site and down the outside of the thigh. The lower leg and foot will swell slightly if I sit without elevating for too long, usually a couple of hours.

My bet wishes and healing thoughts to all of you that are going through this: to those who've had both hips done at the same time, total respect and awe. Good luck everybody, don't forget, one day at a time.
 
Oh..........we could also be 'well chuffed' , ' quite chuffed ' or even ' absolutely chuffed'....chuffed as monkeys doesn't immediately spring to mind.....???? Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
I blame my Mother for the Monkey one, something to do with coming from Cheshire perhaps?
 
@MajorHeidi
I'm sure you will, if the good wishes we will be sending you have the effect we want, you will be chuffed to bits
 
Good one..! Cheshire and monkeys? Is there a connection? Hee Hee! Chrissie x
 
@scubasteve glad to hear you are doing ok. I will be praying for you. I love your Avatar too.
 
@Josephine I'm sorry to bother you but I could do with a little advice: 1, my scar has a little seepage, clear plasma no sign of infection but 2, just had a call from my Fathers care home, he has a chest infection that's dragging him to the edge, he's now refusing food and fluids. Obviously we can't guess at a time scale but I'm desperate to go and see him, the problem is my wound is weeping and If I go to see him I risk an infection, the home says it's not just him, more than half the residents have some kind of viral chest infection.
I thought that if I sealed my wound with a full dressing that might give me enough protection, what are your thoughts please?
 
Don't know about the incision but maybe wear a mask - you don't need the flu or even bad cold either...

And so sorry to hear about your father!
 
Thank you @charmed-life yes I'd thought about the mask, none of us want any kind of infection at this point. For my Father, it's not unexpected but that doesn't make it any easier :(
How are you now?
 
I'm doing very well - 7 ½ weeks - a little muscle pain as I walk more but nothing much. My father went in a similar way - got a chest cold, did not respond to antibiotics, we did not go with moving him to the hospital and he died maybe a week later. But we were all with him - I know how hard it would be to not be able to visit even. You have to take care of you first, but with precautions, maybe it can be safe. Hopefully one of the medical people will chime in - or maybe just call your doctor and ask what you need to do?
 
Yes, that's the beauty of the members of this forum: everyone supports everybody else with good wishes and useful advice. Just knowing someone out there is rooting for you makes everything easier to bear, I'm really glad I found this site and all the lovely people who use it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom