It certainly is an exposed stitch end! And Jamie is correct. It needs to be trimmed by your OS or his PA so the wound can close. It occurred because his assistant failed to cut the suture short enough at the closure of the surgery!
@Josephine, you are right! I went to the doctor today, and I guess one of the stitches rose to the surface (I had glue to close incision, but stitches underneath?) Sally @Vetgirl, all is well. Thanks for checking in! I am heading over to read how you're doing. =)
You didn't expect stitches underneath? What do you think holds you all together then? The glue only seals the skin, all the internal stuff is held together with sutures! Look here Closing surgical wounds: how is it done?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.